World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Did a good chunk of raiding with only 15 points in prot which was all that was necessary. Very very few went deep in the prot tree as it was almost never worth it.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I think the most fun part of Vanilla will be kicking the Ret paladin out of the raid, giving him no gear, and/or regulating him to pure 5 minute buff bitch on 40 people. Then again anyone who plays a paladin deserves the abuse.
You keep that paladin out of combat, then he can still help during the fight by rezing.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I would actually like to see Blizzard make both 'true classic' and 'classic with adjustments' servers.

I wish they'd make 'WOTLK with Adjustments'

I just want one adjustment: no flying mounts

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Our main tank quit the game after our gm wouldn’t give him a dps 1 handed off of Ony or something.

All the tanks had egos.

That's why a good gm would always have a couple tanks waiting in the wings for when the MT eventually gquit from NO ONE APPRECIATES ME syndrome.

Then the cycle begins again

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The ultimate april fool's joke. Blizzard removes flying and puts a red Bull mount in the shop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Good news for you is blizzard hates flying

Have they had an xpac with no flying yet?

I recall no flying in WoD, but did they eventually cave in? I had that trinket that tossed you in the air and let you glide for long distances. An acceptable alternative imo.

Khane

Have they had an xpac with no flying yet?

I recall no flying in WoD, but did they eventually cave in? I had that trinket that tossed you in the air and let you glide for long distances. An acceptable alternative imo.

Yes they tried it in WoD and there was major backlash. If they had tried it in Legion with the flight whistle it would have gone differently I think. What they did in WoD was remove flying, and then make it harder than ever to get around on the ground. It was like they were trying to fuck with people. They would have paths that led up mountains or other hard to reach places that just stopped half way up and then you'd have to run back down and try to find some other way.

Not having flying at the beginning of Legion and again in BfA was a non-issue. I wouldn't even care if they never added it for either expansion.

• 1Like

Khane

There original plan with WoD was to never implement it again for any new content moving forward.

• 1Truth!

xzi

Mouthbreather
I have a feeling no flying in WOD backlash was because the fucking STUPID zone layouts. Seriously, go run around those zones. There are so many areas that are just knee height that you can't get over and DH wasn't a thing yet. Literally every zone has them and it sucks so hard to do without flying.

At least Legion and BFA the zones were made with that in mind.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Why were you guys travelling around in WoD?

Just neckbeard it up in your garrison

• 1Mother of God

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the only two things that will deter people from classic will be the horrible retarded class balance that existed during vanilla and how much trash vanilla raids have. Even in TBC there was still quite a bit of trash.

You mean, one of the things that actually made it interesting (unique classes)?

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Was there this much bitching about class balance in EQ? Because playing a paladin in that game aside from casting Brells my class was bitch tier. It’s how I learned not to play a homo class in any MMO going forward.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There was a ton of bitching about class balancing in EQ. Caster balance was pretty bad. The resistance bullshit they had in for mage's and necro's was pretty bullshit. It wasn't till the tail end of Velious(iirc) that they removed the absurd resistances.

Last edited:

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
But, in Velious/Luclin(?) era EQ, it didn't really matter. You weren't capped at 40 people. Generally, more people was always better than less unless the more people were also a liability (e.g. "why did you aggro the flurry drake standing over there..."). More people meant more mouths to feed loot, but you could bring even the most noncontributory. As far as I recall, the largest issue was making sure your tank had the prerequisite HP to not get gibbed.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think I heard a Druid complain about their class once, but they were so far up on their mountain of teleport and quad farming platinum that I couldn't quite make out what they were saying.

It might have just been an RP emote macro attached to a heal.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
EQ balance wasn't as much of an issue because early on when the balance was truly bad no one had parsing tools so no one even knew about it. People legit thought like wizards were good in xp groups and just crazy things.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Yeah if good parsers existed in 99, EQ would have been a very different game. Hell at that point there were still quests/nameds/etc that 99% of the player base didn’t know existed, let alone the optimal raid comp or gearing for various classes.