World of Warcraft: Classic

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Asmon let the gear and people carry him for years, dude doesn't even know some of the basic warrior skills, like asking today when he should use rend, bois been playing warrior for 12 years but I need to completely relearn stuff! He's one of the idiots that just likes seeing big numbers and really doesn't know how to use his skills properly, he practically jizzes his pants looking at the old vids of one shot warriors. Compare him to like even soda and it's night and day in skill. Hell he ran around for a week without first aid.
He barely played vanilla, and didn't play private servers, dunno how he's the biggest talking box for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Watching Swifty stand in front of mobs in a dungeon while DPSing was one of the hardest things I've watched so far.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Asmon was asking why his shield bash never worked outside of combat. He can be funny sometimes but he is kind of a moron.
He also kicked people out of his WSG group for not being geared enough on the level 30 capped beta server... He is a cunt.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
People dont watch asmond for his leet warrior skills. People watch him for his personality and charisma. Hes an entertainer nothing more. You compare him vs a person like shroud, yeah great twitch skill but shroud has the personality of a fucking door knob.

Take for example his gnome with pink hair race to gates of aq or whatever it was. Spur of the moment thinking and it was funny as hell to see them oneby one getting picked off and shit.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
His personality is twatish but he is a lot better to watch than Soda. I cannot stand that guy for some reason. In a matter of minutes I have to turn him off.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Asmon let the gear and people carry him for years, dude doesn't even know some of the basic warrior skills, like asking today when he should use rend, bois been playing warrior for 12 years but I need to completely relearn stuff! He's one of the idiots that just likes seeing big numbers and really doesn't know how to use his skills properly, he practically jizzes his pants looking at the old vids of one shot warriors. Compare him to like even soda and it's night and day in skill. Hell he ran around for a week without first aid.
He barely played vanilla, and didn't play private servers, dunno how he's the biggest talking box for it.
Everytime I watch him, he talks about his mom telling him things about the game. What the fuck? I don't think he was that old during vanilla.

People dont watch asmond for his leet warrior skills. People watch him for his personality and charisma.
Haha excuse me? I keep getting youtube suggestions on him where it's him watching someone else's youtube video while streaming and pausing it occasionally and saying "I remember that".

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
His personality is twatish but he is a lot better to watch than Soda. I cannot stand that guy for some reason. In a matter of minutes I have to turn him off.

Don't really see the appeal of watching streamers like Asmon, only Twitch I ever watched was Dota 2 tournaments. Just turned on his stream and he was watching a beta horde mage go 2v1 vs Alliance, then he realised the Pally in the video was in his guild, that was pretty funny

• 2Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Because he's entertaining. Come the fuck on.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Don't really see the appeal of watching streamers like Asmon, only Twitch I ever watched was Dota 2 tournaments. Just turned on his stream and he was watching a beta horde mage go 2v1 vs Alliance, then he realised the Pally in the video was in his guild, that was pretty funny

Yeah I don't normally watch either but since I am not in the beta I was watching some of his stream.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
12?I remember my little bro playing EQ with me at about that age, maybe a bit younger. Lost his corpse in ever frost peaks somewhere and cried like a little bitch.

• 2Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Asmon said he's 28, so he was like 12 when vanilla started

Come on Math better bro game is 14 years old he was 14-15 when it was released.. still a child and really he hasn't developed much since the game was released. I replied in the other thread but Asmondgold isn't really good at the game he gets views more based off his autism than anything else.

At least someone like Method Josh is full blown autism but good at the game. Then you have people like swifty and yeah trying to watch him play beta is hard because not only is he bad he's cringe as fuck, which is probably why we is only pulling like 500 views.

Vittra

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Maybe he was 13 then since it came out in 2004 didn't it? Thats 15 yrs ago, but still my math admittedly sucks

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Watching Swifty stand in front of mobs in a dungeon while DPSing was one of the hardest things I've watched so far.
I saw three minutes of a video review of his video. Said Swifty was amazing. Saw him click to use three different abilities, closed window

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Watched Asmon's recorded stream to see if SM was as painful as it used to be and good God... The complete lack of knowledge of how to play, spec, gear. Running around and kiting like fucking noobs in a modern arena match. Not attacking from behind, letting mobs hit you in the ass, picking fucking parry talents on a dps arms warrior instead of heroic strike, literally your most damaging ability at that point. I didn't even play warrior, I theory crafted with and borrowed a buddies warry to fuck around in PvP. Arms is garbage without MS. I was surprised a solo paladin kept them up, but you could tell his chain pulling was stressing tf out of the group.

Back in the day we hit SM at 25, with a priest at level 18 or 19 that had the aggro radius of a 25 kiloton warhead. Doing that shit at 30, save the last wing, was useless. Mob kills and drops were too slow and infrequent to reasonably farm dungeons for that purpose. You farm outside dungeons, and only if it hits multiple things - quests, reps, and/or known item drop (eg. pets). Dungeons are for boss kills and blue gear. Finding ways to skip mobs would be ideal, but when your pocket healer can't even enter the hallway without pulling that and the next hall, you the military quarter was a major bitch, but ensured you dick head group mates pulled for line of sight.

LOS YOU IDIOTS. A concept so foreign, that should be blatantly obvious to someone who arenas and hides behind shit half of every match, most of them aren't doing it in PvE... What.

Precast your sheep, ya fuckin noob mage.

"What stats do I focus on? Str or AP?"

"Is agi good, I know spirit is useless." (except to top end mages who carry a spirit kit for maximizing evocation)

Keep your buffs up. Something basic addons and generally just fucking paying attention would fix.

STAND BEHIND THE FUCKING MOB IF YOU'RE MELEE, this is why tanks pull mobs into a corner because it's obnoxious for other players to attack from the corner, thus overpowering their stupidity ensuring they hit the mob in the ass, and aren't getting cleaved. The tank suffers not being able to see the game, a sacrifice made purely to account for idiocy (and wing buffet or other knock backs). Mobs also can't parry attacks if you stab them in the ass. Also reduces stress on healers since you're not eating cleave damage....

Position is 9/10ths of the law in vanilla.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I blame stuff like "what stats do i focus on?" and keeping your buffs up on both automating game mechanics with addons and the simplification off the game with time. Currently there is no addon like Pawn in Classic telling people stats weighting for your class/spec and which of the two items are better for you. Itemization in Vanilla was also much more varied and stats weren't as pidgeonholed as they are in the current +gooder metagame.

My little pet theory is still the fact that every MMORPG game gets the players it deserves at endgame by educating them along the leveling way. If the game is easy from 1 to maxlevel and you can survive not interrupting/LoS'ing casters and standing in fire, then you get entitled whiners once the content gets tougher and people stop playing, while the hardcore players find the game boring somewhere mid leveling and stop playing after their month is up.