World of Warcraft: Classic

xzi

Mouthbreather
1g isn't worth the time it takes to travel there
dude I waste time in the current game by vendor searching the AH for items that people put up below vendor price so I can sell back to make 3g

I'll do anything for my shekels

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
dude I waste time in the current game by vendor searching the AH for items that people put up below vendor price so I can sell back to make 3g

I'll do anything for my shekels

UBRS unlocking is worth 10g on Northdale

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well sign me UP

I had that key on all of my characters because I was and am autistic and that's where half of my raid repairs came from lol but I always did like 1-5g depending if I liked the persons guild or not or if they had a summon

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Companies are shit at version control today even with systems like Git with built in redundancy so it is much harder to lose track versions. But you still can if you try hard enough!
Back when I was in telco, we had Serious Configuration Management™. Every build ever shipped, we not only had the software binaries, the source... but also the exact software libraries AND the exact compiler used for it.

Cybsled

wrong. Flying removed travel to a point, it removed the world itself. It was just the first step towards click here for todays dungeon run.

Yes, because it was so much fun to spend 20 minutes traveling to a dungeon, then your 5th bails on you at the last minute and you sit around for 30+ minutes spamming the zone for a replacement.

@Sebudai how did you start Juggernaut? Going from 1 to size 20 isn't that hard but from 1 to 40 must have been a tough sell.

Doomhammer (the server) had a fuckton of EQ1 people on it. A bunch of us from the BFA/Element of Darkness started there (including guys who bailed on us in EQ1 to play with FOH, like Xate lol), but then like half of them quit and we merged with Drow (Brotherhood of the Spider in EQ1).

The Drow vs. Juggernaut 4 hour WSG matches were fun lol

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
The guild I played in and raided with on Doomhammer (Tier Zero) already had a good number of people and just had a few slots left and would just spam trade chat when doing MC. So I joined them on a few MC runs and was asked to join the guild. After they got enough for a consistent 40 , we never had anymore people from trade chat.

I think we got lucky somehow with recruiting from trade chat to get 40 people. But with classic I can see pugs easily getting enough to do raids.

Last edited:

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I do wish good people played PvE servers. I Don't care about world PvP, it's just annoying. Biggest problem we had on Doomhammer was not enough good players. But some people actually did reroll just to raid with us.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I do wish good people played PvE servers. I Don't care about world PvP, it's just annoying. Biggest problem we had on Doomhammer was not enough good players. But some people actually did reroll just to raid with us.
Why not just reroll or transfer to better server?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
PvE servers will probably have larger player pools this go round. I still don't quite get why the PvP servers at release were so popular, maybe because it was coming off the heels of PvP MMO releases like Shadowbane? Even as someone who never considered playing on a PvE server at all and only ever played PvP servers it still strikes me as odd that a large portion of the playerbase preferred PvP servers.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Why not just reroll or transfer to better server?
There was no server xfers between PvP and pve. Juggernaut rerolled the night we killed KJ first time to Malganis. They announced cross type server xfers like 2 months after we hit 70. And I'm pretty sure Juggernaut was the best pve guild at the time. As I said we had a few people who leveled to 60 just to play with us.

Khane

There will be no tokens on the AH on the classic servers, those are for retail only. It's all one sub so you can still use your retail WoW gold to buy sub time but you won't be able to buy tokens to sell for gold in classic.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
That sucks. In RL I had time and no money the first go round. Now I have money and no time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

I know they ban the sellers, not sure what they do to the buyers.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
There will be plenty of good people on both factions and server types. I'll bet you could take the worst normal mode raider in BfA and they'd be more than adequate in MC.

PvP was popular at launch because half of the audience (or more) came from bnet.