World of Warcraft: Classic

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
the other half think private servers have better data and info than blizzard does about their own game.

This is such utter nonsense on the level of faked moon landing conspiracy. Those morons just got used to playing an inaccurate recreation and want to think that it's better. Blizzard would never commit to Classic if they did not have the source and database available. Why would Blizzard lie about this? It's absurd. Furthermore, DAYBREAK has a 2002 copy of EQ that they reference for TLPs-- who thinks Blizzard would be worse at keeping data around than Daybreak?

I've been working on EQ emus for almost 6 years now. In fact, I have characters parked in PoJustice right now, sitting on spawns to log the spawn rates and loot drops. I sit there for like 3-4 days per spawn. This is a stupid amount of work just to come up with ESTIMATES. WoW emus do not even have old zones available to examine like I do. Sony tended to layer new junk on top of old junk, so I can peel off the old junk to find out what the old data was, generally. Blizzard just blows up old content and replaces it. (Cataclysm) A WOTLK copy of the data would still be FAR FAR better than anything outsiders could conjure up. Furthermore EQ logged stuff a lot better and I have 10 gigs of logs to reference. WoW didn't have logs to my knowledge. (or at least nobody logged shit) WoW emu devs simply cannot come up with super accurate servers. Tips was even talking about the fire rocs not having fireball spells in a recent video; that kind of missing stuff will be everywhere on WoW emus.

The Al'Kabor Project's database is currently around 12 megs, compressed. That's all expansions up to PoP. You think Blizzard wouldn't keep a copy from classic around on some old machine somewhere? give me a break people. I have dozens of copies of my emu's database just sitting in my downloads folder

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
This is such utter nonsense on the level of faked moon landing conspiracy. Those morons just got used to playing an inaccurate recreation and want to think that it's better. Blizzard would never commit to Classic if they did not have the source and database available. Why would Blizzard lie about this? It's absurd. Furthermore, DAYBREAK has a 2002 copy of EQ that they reference for TLPs-- who thinks Blizzard would be worse at keeping data around than Daybreak?

I've been working on EQ emus for almost 6 years now. In fact, I have characters parked in PoJustice right now, sitting on spawns to log the spawn rates and loot drops. I sit there for like 3-4 days per spawn. This is a stupid amount of work just to come up with ESTIMATES. WoW emus do not even have old zones available to examine like I do. Sony tended to layer new junk on top of old junk, so I can peel off the old junk to find out what the old data was, generally. Blizzard just blows up old content and replaces it. (Cataclysm) A WOTLK copy of the data would still be FAR FAR better than anything outsiders could conjure up. Furthermore EQ logged stuff a lot better and I have 10 gigs of logs to reference. WoW didn't have logs to my knowledge. (or at least nobody logged shit) WoW emu devs simply cannot come up with super accurate servers. Tips was even talking about the fire rocs not having fireball spells in a recent video; that kind of missing stuff will be everywhere on WoW emus.

The Al'Kabor Project's database is currently around 12 megs, compressed. That's all expansions up to PoP. You think Blizzard wouldn't keep a copy from classic around on some old machine somewhere? give me a break people. I have dozens of copies of my emu's database just sitting in my downloads folder
Blizz has contradicted themselves on what they actually have and don’t have so who the fuck knows.

Most boss fights on the better vanilla/tbc/wotlk emu servers are close enough to retail that it’s irrelevant. Hell, some have intentionally over tuned fights because raids with 1.12/2.4.3/etc itemization and talents would trivialize a lot of earlier content.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Sebudai Sebudai how did you start Juggernaut? Going from 1 to size 20 isn't that hard but from 1 to 40 must have been a tough sell.

Yugami (I think some members of this board have played shit like dota with him) and I originally started it as co-leaders and the other founding members were our friends from a game store I used to work at. Building a competitive raiding guild was the goal from the start, so we advertised everywhere we could think of and I think we picked up several more people during beta. After that we focused on leveling quickly and snagging any unaffiliated people we encountered during the leveling process (I think we got Garudon this way, for example).

Leveling quickly is important. Some of our early MC raids had less than 40 people, but if you get a couple weeks of being the one horde guild doing real raids on Doomhammer, word gets out and you end up with plenty of applicants. There was another horde "raiding" guild that sort of declared itself king during UBRS that Yugami and I still poke fun at. The actual rival on Doomhammer was Drow and that was very back-and-forth competitive and fun.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
8/10 of the first naxx40 clears were on PvP servers, I don’t think many people really care about MC/Ony/BWL/ZG since they’re trivial and the game population and servers evolved a lot throughout vanilla.
I think world PvP is a nice bit of extra content to have on a server. More than anything it makes the world feel more epic and gives you another reason to stick together with members of your own faction. There is a lot of farming that needs to get done to clear the raids, and that's a lot of time spent out in the world. It's really nice to be able to gank AF that are stealing your herbs/ore/spawns or whatever.

Some of the best times I remember having is fighting battles between Southshore and Tarren Mill. Someone would pop Helcular's Revenge quest and he would terrorize all of the allies in Southsore.
cc45a774f7392c53ede9e9d975290f5e.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
We did re-roll, to Mal'Ganis, and we half-jokingly take credit for the ensuing change to server transfers as a result.
Oh yeah I remember that. The common complaint was that it would "trivialize the effort people put in on PvP servers". But we killed muru in fucking blues like two weeks after hitting 70 on MG

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Or you could just use yer blizz privilege to server transfer from pve to pvp like a certain unnamed guild.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Asmongold just led a raid killing a level 62 elite dragon which is part of the Onyxia quest chain requirement (not a world dragon but still a drake) with a bunch of level 30s (obviously) and I find that hilarious cause that sounds unreasonable 15 years ago but they did it with pretty minimal deaths.

Raiding is going to be silly as shit.

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Asmongold just led a raid killing a level 62 elite dragon which is part of the Onyxia quest chain requirement (not a world dragon but still a drake) with a bunch of level 30s (obviously) and I find that hilarious cause that sounds unreasonable 15 years ago but they did it with pretty minimal deaths.

Jesus fuck being on the same server as him would piss me off so bad.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

Something seems fucky with that... I remember elites especially being a threat if you had no gear at 60, and anything +3 or 4 levels over you would wreck people with crushing blows and would be practically unhittable due to miss mechanics for higher level mobs.

xzi

Mouthbreather
^ hunter pets can actually hit things afaik regardless of level

currently they're kiting another dragon from Blasted Lands all the way to Stormwind to kill everyone lmao, this is actually amazing

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
8/10 of the first naxx40 clears were on PvP servers, I don’t think many people really care about MC/Ony/BWL/ZG since they’re trivial and the game population and servers evolved a lot throughout vanilla.

lol. Ok, so we just don't count the majority of the classic content and PvP servers win the day. You gonna wait until Naxx is released to play classic WoW?

xzi

Mouthbreather
dude they got this dragon to stormwind and it's just fucking murdering everything, this is the best shit ever about this beta right now

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Eugene and Prune Gang Mother Fuckers is about 700x more entertaining than anything that filthy fuck does.

• 1Dislike

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Also Bliz needs to just level everyone in so this assclown doesn't get free money from being one of the few beta players.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The bodies are everywhere. Say whatever you want about Asmongold but his ability to get people to do shit like this is entertaining.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't know why you got such a hate boner but this is basically Kazzak rampaging through Stormwind right now.

This thing heals and there's no way it's going to die without gm interaction lol - it's fucking killing EVERYTHING

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users