World of Warcraft: Classic

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
For those on the Classic beta, whats the Ui situation? Is it a clusterfuck between live and "classic"? Or is it relatively modern shit, with some quirks from the Classic changes?

Jaymosin

Trakanon Raider
For those on the Classic beta, whats the Ui situation? Is it a clusterfuck between live and "classic"? Or is it relatively modern shit, with some quirks from the Classic changes?

I used the default UI for about 2 days before addon's started to get worked out for classic and it seemed fine to me. I used the classic UI for most of my 1-60 leveling way back when and there aren't many differences that I have seen. No "modern shit" that I could see other than the new addons.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
All I really need is some type of quest helper and maybe a deeps addon, others are nice too like bag which combines your bags into one, shit like that. At least for leveling. maybe one that allows you to move around the UI a bit to your liking, but all that shit is not really necessary for leveling at least.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Sorry, modern shit = modern API, UI features ect that have been patched in after 15 years.

Not the shitshow complilation type UI mods from Vanilla, like the crap Thottbot was responsible for around release. I can't even remember the name of that mod.

Personally more concerned with hotbar, and possibly threat related shit. Utility is all I care about.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Sorry, modern shit = modern API, UI features ect that have been patched in after 15 years.

Not the shitshow complilation type UI mods from Vanilla, like the crap Thottbot was responsible for around release. I can't even remember the name of that mod.

Personally more concerned with hotbar, and possibly threat related shit. Utility is all I care about.

I mean nobody knows 100% what is going to make it into the game as of right now there is a website with people going balls deep into addons so pretty much anything you will need will be available. Honestly between ElvUI, Weakauras, and Details the UI already far more advanced than vanilla ever was.

Will It Classic - A Community driven source for up to date information on addons for Classic WoW

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would only want a quest helper, a bag mod, and some type of mod that allowed me to move the hotbar buttons so that I don't have to be staring at the bottom of screen waiting for cooldowns to clear.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Leveling is just something they feel like they need to put in but since they leaned so hard on, "game begins at max level" I guarantee if they didn't even bother adding in a 10 level leveling experience in the next expansion and just went right into ilvl leveling nobody would give a shit.
They use leveling as a way to soft reset your gear. If you're an alt in quest greens, you find immediately gear upgrades, if you did a few dungeons early last expansion, you get gear on 111, if you did some WQ during 7.2 you get gear on 112, and so on, until your final Mythic Argus gear gets replaced around 117-119.

Then, since you're now all on equal footing when you hit the level cap they can switch back to gearing again (probably not this exact curve, but you get the gist).

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
30% of the reason I'm interested in WoW Classic is just to see the absolute shitshow UI's some of you come up with.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Currently I am trying to make some addons work for the release. It has been quite a show, as the Lua version and API is from live, but has been drastically stripped down.

One example: Unlike BfA the API won't tell you the remaining time of debuffs on targets, only on buffs/debuffs on yourself. So you have to track the debuffs you cast on your target with an internal database of sorts, plus you need a talent scanner for talents that extend DoT duration. The UnitAura(unit, id) returns name, rank, icon, ..., in the API, but even on yourself the rank it returns seems to be the same.

Also: No Threat API, so addons have to calculate Threat themselves on the client.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I would only want a quest helper, a bag mod, and some type of mod that allowed me to move the hotbar buttons so that I don't have to be staring at the bottom of screen waiting for cooldowns to clear.
Quest Helper: Questie for Classic
Bag Mod: OneBag
Actionbars: Dominos Classic

Oh, and I currently recommend these:
Vendor Price - shows the vendor price in the tooltip, because money is tight
Leatrix Plus - Quality of Life addon: automatrically sell grey junk, repair, automate quests and block duels/guildinvites + unclamp the chat frames
Clique if you are a healer

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well I got the Northdale shit installed and it runs pretty smooth. I feel like I will screw around on this over the summer just to be ready to go once the game launches. I am going to play a bit over the weekend if a couple people want to roll up a couple of characters. It does seem like there are already a few people playing it and some already leveled up. Anyways hit me up with a PM or hop on discord if you are up for banging out a few dungeons.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Oops, already level 6 :p

That's about as far I got in 30-1hour of playing.

3 times more players than mobs in Elwynn and 9 out of 10 people trying to join Asmond's layer like cock-sucking sheep.
Honestly I find this fascinating. It's almost like a virus watching the mindless drones follow him jumping around on top of him. Price of fame.
I don't get it either. There are literally thousands of people throwing money at him.
He's not even entertaining once you realize that the smile, laughter and the entire thing is a cheap shitty act.

As weird as it seems it's because success breeds success, the way Twitch is designed is you congregate to the person with the highest view count, the higher your views the more you get noticed and it loops from there.

The people giving them money do so for attention, they want to get recognized from some shit tier celebrity and get their name called out on stream, or they actually feel like they are interacting with these people. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if some of the viewers/fans thought they were friends or had relationship chances with streamers/thots.

The oddest part to me is the subs, and money given to these people who are making far more than the average viewer makes. If I met Warren Buffet why would I got up and give the old faggot $5.00 shit I need it more than he does. It really is hard to wrap your mind around. It really is baffling to me how many people make a living off being "Content creators" whatever the fuck that stupid ass title is meant to mean. So many fuckers virtual panhandling via the internet begging for donations, patreons, skanks snapchats, you name it. The only difference is in 2019 you are better off begging for money from the comfort of your own home than out on the street corner with a sign. Not only can you get many more eyeballs than you would on the corner the amount of cash being given is retarded. It literally is clown world, the poor wonder why they are poor it's because they will gladly hand over fistfuls of dollars to any dancing monkey that can keep their ADHD riddled attention spans for longer than 8 seconds.

People are jumping on WoW classic because it's the new hotness, hopefully for Blizzards sake they can keep peoples attention for 3 months on a game they can't even play, or maybe they will just drive more people to private servers. As much as I love the Blizzard of old these cocksuckers drag their feet like no tomorrow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Well I got the Northdale shit installed and it runs pretty smooth. I feel like I will screw around on this over the summer just to be ready to go once the game launches. I am going to play a bit over the weekend if a couple people want to roll up a couple of characters. It does seem like there are already a few people playing it and some already leveled up. Anyways hit me up with a PM or hop on discord if you are up for banging out a few dungeons.

Horde or Alliance

If you're horde then leave your character name and I'll make sure to come camp you

• 1Worf

xzi

Mouthbreather
One of the things I've completely forgot about as druid is I can't talk to npcs in any forms, wtf

Don't tell me you don't speak bear!

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Horde or Alliance

If you're horde then leave your character name and I'll make sure to come camp you

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also I have to admit there were way more people in the starting zones than I expected.

Yeah dude, that server is aids. And it does not get better either. In fact it gets worse. Somehow I managed to get to lv 15 but most of the quest areas are camped to shit. I guess everyone is itching to play some classic now. If only blizzard capitalized on this shit while its the hotness.