World of Warcraft: Classic

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Click the drop down near where it says Play. Theres one for WoW classic. Select it and install it.
The selector under Region / Account has a PTR, my two accounts, and a starter edition. There's nothing there for Classic and there's nothing else to click anywhere else.

I must not have access.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I had to update my battle.net launcher, then it showed up....9.7gb is for the BFA update coming in a few days.

Also, you are looking under the wrong section:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So open stress test is today capped at level 15. With RFC, WC, and Deadmines all open and available until Friday. It looks like they are doing different shit with each realm which I am assuming relates to how the layering will work. Probably testings the number of people per layer, and/or maybe other shit. Either way let everyone known the test realm you get on and we can try and roll together and do a couple of dungeons. I will be on discord and might stream it while fucking around.

Our next WoW Classic stress test is getting underway tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. PDT 796. Here’s some additional information to help you make the most of it.

Launcher Update

Earlier today, we updated the Blizzard Battlenet Launcher on the World of Warcraft game screen. It’s now easier to select the version of the game you want to play. Now, when you look in the Livesection of the Version dropdown, you should now see an additional option for World of Warcraft Classic . If you have multiple accounts for your selected version, you’ll see a second dropdown with your accounts listed to choose among.

In order to participate promptly in the stress test tomorrow, please make sure you install the game in advance by selecting World of Warcraft Classic from your Live accounts list.

Realm Differences

During tomorrow’s stress test, we plan to experiment with different settings that control the population of players. We plan for it to be a blind test, so we don’t intend to publicize which realms have which settings (or when).

We’d love to hear your feedback on your experience from level 1-15 on whichever realm you choose to test. Was it too crowded, even for a launch day experience? Did it feel too empty or too crowded after you moved to the second zone? We’ll have a dedicated feedback thread for you here in this forum tomorrow, once the stress test has begun. Please give us details about your experience when you submit feedback to that thread, especially which realm you tested.

Thank you very much!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah they just changed the launcher again, so now it shows an option for Classic under Live on the "Version" tab, then you have another tab for Accounts.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any of you old school mage pro's know of any aoe spots inside instances before Maraudon? Sounds like I'm landing on a pvp server and I would reallllly rather not have to deal with getting ganked every other pull as I dont' think i'm taking time off work which means I'll be behind the curve a bit.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it starts 11pm for me. I know if I do this, I'm not gonna sleep tonight. That alone is deterrent enough for me lol

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I don’t currently have a sub, but classic now shows up for me as an option and allows me to install it now. Was able to login up to the server list as well. Dunno if that’ll let me in to the stress test, but it’s more than I had previously.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tomorrow is Fronleichnam, you have a day off.

Actually what mkopec said, today was my last day at work. I just really like sleep lately. I could sleep forever if I gamed WoW until 5am and then told my wife I now need to sleep for 8 hours and she's on her own with both our children for the day.

It's also not broken, it's working exactly as intended

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users