World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Is Blizzard bad at banning bots or something?

They always have been. Don't see how it will make any difference other than chinamen lowering material costs which makes everyone win

Well except for those retarded enough to have gathering professions.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Blizzard bans bots and cheaters in "waves", so people will go a while thinking they're safe, then whammo!

Usually a bot ban wave happens, then suddenly the Chinese flip their shit and start DDoSing Blizzard's servers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm levelling herb/alch and then dropping herb for tailoring once alch is maxed. Going for the doubly whammy of lazy passive cooldown gold making.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm levelling herb/alch and then dropping herb for tailoring once alch is maxed. Going for the doubly whammy of lazy passive cooldown gold making.

Just convinced me to change my professions haha, was going to do skinning/tailoring then switch to eng/tailor but this just seems so much more lazy/chill and I'm the kind of person that would always be saving my eng toys for some random situation that'll never happen anyway lol

• 1Like

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
They do ban in waves. Really slow waves. By the time the ban comes the damage is done.

Do you even need to buy the game to play classic or just $15 sub?

I can not wait for the "Those 30 boomkins aren't botting! They are just multiboxing in the best gold making spot in the game, it's fiiiiiiine." posts.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm not going to play. But is the classic just like it was when released way back when. Or just quest, settings and such and the rest of the game updatd? I haven't played in over a decade and then some. Just curious.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm not going to play. But is the classic just like it was when released way back when. Or just quest, settings and such and the rest of the game updatd? I haven't played in over a decade and then some. Just curious.

World of Warcraft Classic FAQ: What You Need to Know

Originally posted by Blizzard (Official Post | Blue Tracker)Collapse
Blizzard
World of Warcraft Classic launches August 26. To make sure you’re prepared, we’ve pulled together some information to help you get started on your journey through Azeroth.F.A.Q.

Q. What is WoW® Classic?
A.
World of Warcraft Classic is a faithful recreation of the original WoW experience, as it was in 2006. Everything about the game—from combat mechanics and talent trees, to character models and zone layouts—has been restored to realize a truly authentic experience. You can learn more in our WoW Classic Primer for New Players.

Q. When does WoW Classic launch?
A. The game will launch worldwide on Monday, August 26 at 3:00 p.m. PDT.

See below for details on the exact time you can log in and experience the origins of World of Warcraft.

Americas (PDT)​

Europe (CEST)​

Taiwan (CST)​

Korea (KST)​

ANZ (AEST)​

UTC​

3:00 p.m.​

12:00 a.m.​

6:00 a.m.​

7:00 a.m.​

8:00 a.m.​

10:00 p.m.​

August 26*​

August 27​

August 27​

August 27​

August 27​

August 26​

Q: Will I need to pay for access to WoW Classic?
A:
Everyone with active game time or a subscription to World of Warcraft will have access to WoW Classic.

Q. Can I use WoW Tokens in WoW Classic?
A.
You won’t be able to buy and sell WoW Tokens in WoW Classic, but you can buy and sell them in World of Warcraft and use them toward your game time.

Q. Will my computer be able to run WoW Classic?
A.
You can find a complete list of minimum system specifications for both Windows and Mac in our WoW Classic Primer post here. The recommended requirements are the same for WoW Classic as they are for World of Warcraft.

Q: How do I access WoW Classic?
A:
You’ll need to access the game through the Battle.net desktop app.
  1. 1. Open the Battle.net desktop app and select World of Warcraft from the side menu.
  2. 2. Under the Version menu, select World of Warcraft Classic. If you have more than one World of Warcraft account, you’ll see a second dropdown for Account. Select the active account you wish to play on from that column.
  3. 3. Click the Install button. The progress bar will show you when the game is available to play.
  4. 4. Once the installation is complete, click the Play button.
Q. Can I use my current Beta or Test characters from WoW Classic or a character I’ve played World of Warcraft with before?
A.
You’ll need to create a brand-new character to play WoW Classic.

Q: How many characters can I create in WoW Classic?
A:
You’ll be able to create a maximum of 10 characters per WoW Classic realm, with a total maximum of 50 characters across all realms in your region. You’ll also be restricted to one faction (Horde or Alliance) on PvP realms. WoW Classic name reservations are available now and allow you to create up to three characters per WoW Account before WoW Classic releases.

Q. What realms are available?
A.
You can view the list of realms in our Name Reservation article here.

Q. Will I be able to play all the content that was available in 1.12 when WoW Classic launches?
A.
The content for WoW Classic will be rolled out across six patches, to allow for increasing power progression and to better deliver an experience closer to what it felt like to play in original WoW. We haven’t yet determined exactly when phases 2-6 will occur, but we’ll keep you updated as they draw closer.

Content Phase Schedule

Q: Will there be Cross Realm Battlegrounds when those go live?
A:
Cross-realm battlegrounds were a feature of 1.12 and are important for matchmaking, so you’ll be seeing cross-realm battlegrounds in WoW Classic when Battlegrounds are introduced in Phase 3 of the content roll-out plan.

Q: What version of Alterac Valley will be in Classic?
A:
The 1.12 version of Alterac Valley will be added to the game in Phase 3 of the content roll-out plan.

Q. Will there be an Armory for WoW Classic?
A.
There was no Armory for World of Warcraft until the Burning Crusade. If you wanted to know more about a player’s gear before you invited them to your party, you had to meet them in the world and physically inspect them (and you couldn’t inspect players of the opposite faction until 2.4). You couldn’t see their spec or talent builds when you inspected them, either. To maintain that same dynamic, we won’t have an Armory or profile pages for WoW Classic at launch.

Q: I’ve collected a ton of mounts, pets, titles, toys and transmog gear over the years in World of Warcraft. Can I use them in WoW Classic?
A:
No, you won’t be able to access any of the items in your World of Warcraft Collections tab when you’re playing WoW Classic.

Q: Will my original WoW CE pets be available?
A:
Yes—as long you’re playing on the same account that you created when you purchased the original WoW Collector’s Edition code.

Q: Can I use my World of Warcraft Trading Card Game codes in WoW Classic?
A:
Codes from the TCG won’t be usable in WoW Classic.

Q. I played WoW back in 1.12 and there are a few things that don’t seem quite right. Should I submit a bug report.
A.
Memory can play tricks on you, so make sure you read through the WoW Classic “Not a Bug” list before you submit any new bug reports. If you do want to submit a bug report, you can do so in-game or in our WoW Classic Support and Bug Report forum.

Q. How is itemization going to work in WoW Classic?
A.
Learn about our itemization philosophy for WoW Classic in this forum post.Have a question we haven’t answered? Trying posting it in the WoW Classic Forum and seeing if other players can help you out.

*To align with other regions, the Americas will launch slightly ahead of August 27 in local time.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

It's the exact version data but with updated client/server techs

• 1Like

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
1566257365062.png

Comon ye bitch. On with it!

1566257435428.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So my buddy and his brother were going to level on Whitemane, and join the guild as F&F rank, as a Warrior/Shaman combo. When their playtimes lined up, just run the duo. His brother decided he didn't want to pay the Sub to play so I'm filling in on the Warrior. We'll see how it works out, and play times. Both are PST dudes, so that's nice.

misery

So my buddy and his brother were going to level on Whitemane, and join the guild as F&F rank, as a Warrior/Shaman combo. When their playtimes lined up, just run the duo. His brother decided he didn't want to pay the Sub to play so I'm filling in on the Warrior. We'll see how it works out, and play times. Both are PST dudes, so that's nice.

I've been saying I wish they had a "Classic only" sub option that was half price or something. I know Blizzard would never do that, and I know it probably wouldn't earn them money in the long run, but damn it would be nice. It just seems like the right thing for them to do, to me. Nothing like being charged a full sub price for a game that launched so long ago and probably won't be updated much if at all in the long run.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Do you even need to buy the game to play classic or just $15 sub?

The base game up through Legion/110 and Classic come with the subscription. BFA/120 is the only thing you have to buy separately.

From the subscription page: World of Warcraft®: Subscription

• World of Warcraft® Classic launches Aug 26 at 3:00 PM PDT.
  • Subscription includes levels 1-110.
  • Subscription includes levels 1-60 in World of Warcraft® Classic.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I think a lot of people are going to swap out professions over time. I will do Herb/Tailor to start, but I think eventually drop one of them for engineering. Not sure which, however. Herbs will be useful forever for raid mats for the guild and Tailoring will be useful for making money.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should have named the servers after cool talent abilities to differentiate them from the other servers. Names like: Scattershot, Swiftmend, Repentance, Martyrdom, Stormstrike, Bloodthirst, Devastation, etc.
Divine Shield as a server name?

misery

So if everyone is going to rely on the Chinese farmers to put every mat on the AH for cheap and be able to grab them up don't ask me for mats when you all switch to engineering/whatever.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, I think a lot of people are going to swap out professions over time. I will do Herb/Tailor to start, but I think eventually drop one of them for engineering. Not sure which, however. Herbs will be useful forever for raid mats for the guild and Tailoring will be useful for making money.

Problem with the herb thing is that the servers are going to have a lot more people on them than release but the same spawn timers. It's better to let the bots/cartels farm that shit and just make enough gold elsewhere to pay for the increased cost.

• 1Like