World of Warcraft: Classic

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
"We're giving away a free month to everyone changing to a new realm until that new realm is medium." Keep opening servers until it works. Problem solved. haha

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
"We're giving away a free month to everyone changing to a new realm until that new realm is medium." Keep opening servers until it works. Problem solved. haha

Fuck that.

Flag accounts with BfA if they bail on their own accord. No one showing up just for Classic is going to buy that shit if they can possibly avoid it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Fuck that.

Flag accounts with BfA if they bail on their own accord. No one showing up just for Classic is going to buy that shit if they can possibly avoid it.
Or give people a free transfer/free bfa mount yeah all sorts of shit they could do.

• 1Like

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just giving people decent warning of more than a couple of hours would probably go a long way too.

• 1Like

Shiftyx

Molten Core Raider
Were talking like 30K+ per server, even if 2/3 of these people leave the first month it will still be full by old standards. And lets be honest here, those that subbed a month beforehand and took the time to install and make characters, those people already there are not quitting anytime soon.
Right. Enter the argument for choosing a Medium-Full realm: less likelihood of lost game time due to queues/crashes early on and a healthy but not over-saturated realm long-term

Imagine pushing any kind of decent rank, or attempting any of the world bosses on a realm of 10k, or higher... nothx

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So playing a lock with my alliance friends on Faerlina. It would make sense and be easier to also play a lock on Whitemane horde. How ever that might get boring and I could play a shammy instead. What do? To bad hunters are such bad dps they might be really fun for a change also.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If I could stay ahead of the curve I'd play a PvP server but I'm going to play this casually and be way behind the griefing shitstains who go hard out of the gate. PvE for me for the first time ever so I dont have to worry about level 60s camping me in rotation while I try to hit 40 and get my mount

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
If I could stay ahead of the curve I'd play a PvP server but I'm going to play this casually and be way behind the griefing shitstains who go hard out of the gate. PvE for me for the first time ever so I dont have to worry about level 60s camping me in rotation while I try to hit 40 and get my mount
That is a mistake. PVE servers suck. Don't do it.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im gonna roll on the lowest pop PvP server and then hope for transfers later. Its what im thinking, and probably 100K others too lol. If not Blizz can fuck off. Never pay for one of their shit again.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Someone should tell these assholes they DONT have 14 days!

Lost game time eventually won't matter while being on a server named "Blaumeux" is for life.

If you roll in a large enough guild like this one you can probably get people to help counter gank while you level if it really gets bad. Plus you can just instance grind anyways.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah it's funny because in their Q&A they were like "We want AQ gates to be the same herp derp" well then you better make the war effort cost 20x the materials you stupid faggots.. Or else that shit will be hoarded day 1.

Also I thought the whole point of this layering bullshit was to bypass their queue nonsense... If there are 73 versions of Herod why will be there queues you cunts?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's funny because in their Q&A they were like "We want AQ gates to be the same herp derp" well then you better make the war effort cost 20x the materials you stupid faggots.. Or else that shit will be hoarded day 1.

Also I thought the whole point of this layering bullshit was to bypass their queue nonsense... If there are 73 versions of Herod why will be there queues you cunts?
Still have 1 hamster running the login server is why.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
All this mess to have Blizzard save face year down the line when shit starts to empty. Its all it is. Oh and good luck merging all the layers in phase 2 when you have 50K people on a server.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm just shocked people actually volunteer to be on a pvp server. I can't imagine anyone enjoying that unless they were an undead rogue. Or maybe people have short memories.

• 1Like
  • 1Brony
  • 1EyeRoll

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm just shocked people actually volunteer to be on a pvp server. I can't imagine anyone enjoying that unless they were an undead rogue. Or maybe people have short memories.

I started on a PvE server (Whisperwind) back when vanilla launched and switched to PvP. From there I stayed on various PvP servers through WoTLK when I quit. I never found it too bad. I mostly played Horde, but I've played as Alliance as well. I always find PvP really heightens my enjoyment even at times when I don't meet anyone on the opposing faction. I was on Whisperwind back when world PvP was the only way to gain honor, and while we did have quite a bit of large Crossroads PvP battles, it never felt the same as the PvP server. I also remember people would sometimes use the flagging system to PvP and some wouldn't. Most seemed to not use it from what I remember, which really limited your options. Then there was the factor of being able to just unflag and never PvP at all, which most on a PvE server would consider to be something amazing, but to me it was just a temptation that I felt better off without.

Going into contested zones on a PvP server especially for the first time always comes with a sense that there's a threat just around the corner. It really kept me on my toes and more invested in what I was doing. In keeping track of who was in the zone and where. Staying off the beaten path instead of hitting autorun and running all the way through a zone. You have more reasons to remember people-those who have had your back and those who attack you on sight. You'll remember that guy who ganked your level 40 in STV when you see him on your geared out 60, and he can't just become carebear-mode to avoid you. I've been ganked and camped. I've kicked ass and had my ass kicked plenty more. I've had many of times where I'm farming right beside a member of the opposing faction and we just do our own thing. It's more common than most people would think. I really think a lot of people exaggerate things a fair amount.

I definitely understand where people who play PvE servers are coming from, but there are huge benefits for me and many others to roll on PvP servers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users