World of Warcraft: Classic

ShakyJake

<Donor>
If you want automated groups go back to BFA with the other 100-200k people left playing it.

You've ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine.
So the entire point of Classic is manually forming dungeon groups. And that's it. Okay.

• 5Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So the entire point of Classic is manually forming dungeon groups. And that's it. Okay.

iu

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
The whole point is to build community once more not play a glorified loot gambling machine where everyone else is just a number and interaction is meaningless.

Make friends, join a guild, build a reputation. It’s what those of us who were playing these games 15+ years ago yearn for.

If you want anonymity, go back to BFA and close the door behind you.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

The entire point of classic is social interaction.

It's forming a group that builds your reputation and leads to those people remembering you and joining you again in the future, perhaps even becoming your friends.

It's about not ditching someone the moment they make a mistake because it would take longer to find a replacement than telling them what they are doing wrong and helping them get better.

WoW was never designed to be an instant gratification machine. You nut harder when you edge yourself for longer.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So the part i'm more concerned with (and why trying out an emulator won't really help) is how fast things will move along on these things. Is it going to just be a bunch of hardcore players who know all the optimal spots/tricks/etc. rushing to max level and thus trying to play it as a semi-casual and enjoy yourself isn't really going to be feasible since 10 days in you'll be too far behind the main playerbase to get groups and you'll have level 60s in every lvl 25 pvp zone just killing lowbies for fun?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So the part i'm more concerned with (and why trying out an emulator won't really help) is how fast things will move along on these things. Is it going to just be a bunch of hardcore players who know all the optimal spots/tricks/etc. rushing to max level and thus trying to play it as a semi-casual and enjoy yourself isn't really going to be feasible since 10 days in you'll be too far behind the main playerbase to get groups and you'll have level 60s in every lvl 25 pvp zone just killing lowbies for fun?
It shouldn't be too bad in phase 1. Mainly because there is no honor system yet. Phase 2 is going to be a shitstorm for those leveling up though. I think there will be some of it cuz there are assholes in the world. I think most will be gear grinding in anticipation for phase 2.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's of little consolation when you're the lowbie getting hunted but people will also hunt down the hunters for quite a while.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Have you tested this, on Countdown to Classic they said they tried and it didn't work.
Trying to create a character does not work.

Trying to restore deleted character does not work.

I am very tempted to delete and recreate a character over and over...

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Trying to create a character does not work.

Trying to restore deleted character does not work.

I am very tempted to delete and recreate a character over and over...

Doesn't work, just tried it, you can only stay on character select for 30-35 minutes tops.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

All of the metrics and data so far (from Reddit and other sources) show less than 1/3rd of people rushing to 60. Most people will get there within 2 months or so. Go at your own pace; there will be tons of people to play with.

• 1Like

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Sorry guys been outside all day rebuilding my back deck trying to get all the honey do's done before release. That was not my warrior just a post by someone in /r

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
A part of me is tempted to hop onto this and I've never played any emulators or tlp/classic/whatever versions of MMOs but I kinda feel like it just won't be anywhere near as fun as it was the first time around and i'll end up bored fast.

Here is the thing, if you want to play then play. If you get bored then quit it's really that simple.

If you are trying to make excuses for why you will dislike it before you even install for shit like leveling pace or possibly getting killed in PvP that's just dumb as fuck.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
Sucks that they are taking out skeletons from Classic. Not the mob, but the skeleton that players leave behind when they die and release.

Seriously, fuck that. I opened a ticket on that bullshit, happy to abuse the feedback system a bit.
WoWScrnShot_022316_132656.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
The FoH guild is going to have what like 120 people? Someone will be there to help if you are getting killed. More than likely you will already be questing with other guildies and get passed over since people on voice usually wreck gank groups. Classic will be worth the ride cost doing it all again and having world pvp. I think that is why I held on so long to Archeage was the pvp and boat combat. Nothing better than massive battles moving around the maps.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users