World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So....can they get away with charging a sub to a game that you cant play? I'm sure the answer is yes. I'm just salty.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As their lawyer, I'd argue you can play BfA without a queue, but with an uneasy feeling. What if the judge is looking at a classic queue right now? Who would want to be the first lawyer to be disciplined with the death penalty for contempt of court?

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Good way to avoid AFK is to have an auto clicker search the AH once a minute.

Lv13 now, I'm kinda in the pack so lots of competition but I'm getting all the mobs I want mostly.

Experience is very classic lol

xzi

Mouthbreather
As their lawyer, I'd argue you can play BfA without a queue, but with an easy feeling. What if the judge is looking at a classic queue right now? Who would want to be the first lawyer to be disciplined with the death penalty for contempt of court?

Judge logs in before jury duty starts, and 8 hours later gets home and gets in queue

he has no idea the evil that he is working to uphold in this world

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Petition to rename this thread Queue Simulator 2019. You log in to wait in a queue for 4+ hours just to get to queue up in line to shank a quest NPC. :D

• 3Worf

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They should have just used a masked form of real phasing. Wanna log on to Whitemane? you log into Whitemane on your character select screen, but on the backend Whitemane is actually Whitemanes 1-10 with a shared character list, chat channels, and auction house, like a battlegroup on live. a guy in WM 5 gets invited into a group in whitemane 7? phases him over to 7. As hype population shrinks, IF it even shrinks, they could shift everyone to 5 whitemanes or 1 whitemane, shrug, it'd be transparent. They could even optimize it with shifting members of a guild onto the same server-phase by default. Zero-queues and high population. >;p
You've just described the layering tech they are using RIGHT NOW.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I've not seen that anywhere but I've seen multiple posts that it is not being implemented to its full capacity.
It's just that it is not an automatic system. They decide how many layers there are. And they decided they wouldn't allow more layers than X (for whatever X they picked) because if they do, thet will not be able to drop to a single layer ever since the population of the server will remain "too large". So they're betting about the player drop rate to cap their servers.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Layering definitely works. I played levels 3-12 in Durotar and Barrens last night after a 3k 30 min queue. Saw like 5 players all evening.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Is Faerlina the streamer server or something?

Layering definitely works. I played levels 3-12 in Durotar and Barrens last night after a 3k 30 min queue. Saw like 5 players all evening.

Yeah it may work too well? I don't know but Teldrassil felt kind of abandoned. I couldn't find any tailors to make linen bags over the course of 2 hours of "High" population and there was just almost no chat going on in general. It did not feel like an exciting launch period or anything. I dunno what I want or what the solution is, but it's detracting from the classic feel for me, big time. Maybe it gets better once I get off of this island..?.. I hope.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Is Faerlina the streamer server or something?

Yeah it may work too well? I don't know but Teldrassil felt kind of abandoned. I couldn't find any tailors to make linen bags over the course of 2 hours of "High" population and there was just almost no chat going on in general. It did not feel like an exciting launch period or anything. I dunno what I want or what the solution is, but it's detracting from the classic feel for me, big time. Maybe it gets better once I get off of this island..?.. I hope.
I think there are some popular global chat channels. Not sure if you were in them or not. Not sure if this is the case, but it could be what the "kids" are doing these days.

xzi

Mouthbreather
tanked deadmines as bear tonight and some fuckin mage kept pulling with fireball, giving me heartburn trying to pick up agro

I asked him to stop pulling for me several times but he just kept on doing it lol

we lfr now boys

• 3Worf

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not sure how I feel about Classic.

I got to level 11 and the game just came to a screeching halt. This was fun 14 years ago because the alternative mmos were EQ GoD or EQ2 (to me) so WoW was a breath of fresh air.

Also I'm having a hard time convincing myself to put time in to Classic when I know it will never get any new content past Naxx and I really dont have the patience to do 40 man raiding.

The nostalgia is nice tho. Seeing some pre-Cata zones is cool.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

I got to level 11 and the game just came to a screeching halt. This was fun 14 years ago because the alternative mmos were EQ GoD or EQ2 (to me) so WoW was a breath of fresh air.

Also I'm having a hard time convincing myself to put time in to Classic when I know it will never get any new content past Naxx and I really dont have the patience to do 40 man raiding.

This will be the resounding thought within a week for 90% of the folks playing this. I’d be surprised if over half of the people in this thread make it past level 30.

ShakyJake

<Donor>

I wonder if Classic would've done as well if Blizzard had never touched the original zones? I feel that Blizzard fucked-up massively with Cata.

• 3Like