World of Warcraft: Classic

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Just got this off a pterrodax, seems good for mages, since they are all frost for a while:
a3UMxDd.jpg
Sit on that for a couple weeks, then make bank

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now the stressful part of making sure to sell it for what its worth, without getting ripped. There is one on AH currently for 1k, but that's probably way too high. I got offered 200 right away after linking in chat after it dropped. So probably somewhere in the middle of that, I am guessing 500-700 range.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Now the stressful part of making sure to sell it for what its worth, without getting ripped. There is one on AH currently for 1k, but that's probably way too high. I got offered 200 right away after linking in chat after it dropped. So probably somewhere in the middle of that, I am guessing 500-700 range.
And at current gold prices of what? $10-12 per gold? You just paid your mortgage bruh! Lol

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
And at current gold prices of what? $10-12 per gold? You just paid your mortgage bruh! Lol

Forum poll:

At this point would you rather pay your mortgage or buy a mount?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lots of talk over what Leveling Guide is best, and after spending 5 hours in level 24, I got fed up. It was one of those levels where most of it was spent finishing quests, and not turning them in, so basically grinding, and a lot of traveling to get flight paths in Ashenvale, and I wasn't so lucky with staying alive in Stonetalon Mountains which have a brutal run back from the GY, so it was my fault partly, but shit. 5 hours?

So I switched over to this one on the recommendation of my friend, and I can already tell a difference. I'm not hopping from far Southern Barrens, to Stone Talon, back to Barrens, to Ashenvale, to Southern Barrens, to Ratchet, etc etc. Shit with Zygor's is outta control, and am really looking forward to their update.

I think it's Joanna's guide from original Vanilla just made into a simple Addon?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Was behind a couple days, but finally well ahead of the zerg now. Gonna be nice doing 45+ stuff without a bunch of twerps running around.

I need to find a real guild soon, I get the feeling I'm 20 years older than everyone in the leveling one I'm in, creeping me out.

WTF does pog/poggers mean? I only know those stupid POG disc things from when I was a teenager. Goddamn I feel old.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
5 seconds after I made a tauren druid on Whitemane, I got invited into a guild named <Ram Ranch> what could possibly go wrong? >;D

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was behind a couple days, but finally well ahead of the zerg now. Gonna be nice doing 45+ stuff without a bunch of twerps running around.

I need to find a real guild soon, I get the feeling I'm 20 years older than everyone in the leveling one I'm in, creeping me out.

WTF does pog/poggers mean? I only know those stupid POG disc things from when I was a teenager. Goddamn I feel old.

God this is so me. Someone told me poggers once and I replied "Slammers", they just responded with a ???? and I had to explain pogs and slammers, since that's all I think about when I see those words.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't remember rested xp accumulating so slowly. 6 days offline and I barely had more than a level of rested.

Anyone sitting on trade goods for the next few weeks/month+ like me? Swiftthistle, deviat fish, oily blackmouth, etc. My thinking is that some trade goods will be desired but the mobs will be beyond the level range to get those easily.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yeah this twitch speak is finally gotten ahead of me. The only twitch emotes I understand are trihard and snickers.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I kinda wonder what the meetings are like in Blizz HQ given the reaction to Classic and the apparent evacuation of BFA. Is a charting process to see when the nostalgia runs its course and they need to have real content ready or?

Cybsled

I imagine something like that, but scope does matter. It's been like a week since classic launched. Before they start taking a sledgehammer to a multi-million dollar game, they're going to want to get as much data as possible. Pretty much every MMO usually follows the same pattern

1) Unless the flaws are massive, usually minor / medium level flaws are overlooked initially because the game is new and novel
2) Majority of core content is expended. Large percentage of the playerbase is now at maximum level. Available content is limited and very frequently time gated (ie, raid lockouts)
3) Playerbase begins to get bored, the minor / medium level flaws now loom much larger. QoL changes are demanded, additional content is demanded.

WoW classic is sort of like MMO time travel. In theory we know the content and QoL changes to come, but human memory is imperfect. We tend to forget a lot of the shitty stuff and remember mostly the good stuff when we look back at the past (especially our childhood). Granted, we don't forget the really shitty stuff/trauma, but we tend to forget the smaller things. Like if you time traveled back to the 80s, you'd suddenly remember that there is no readily available GPS for easy directions, or no widely available internet with the knowledge of the world at your fingertips, or less places accepted credit cards for payment and realize what a fucking pain in the ass that actually is.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
I checked last night and in my guild of ~400 unique players there are like 125 people that are level 30+ currently. And every single one of them had been logged in within the last day. The highest burnout in the guild is level 28. Compared to all the private servers I’ve played, it’s looking like Classic is retaining players at a much much higher rate which is awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it would be pretty cool if they developed an expansion to build off of Classic. Maybe start simple, re-release TBC but add a couple new zones or something.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think it would be pretty cool if they developed an expansion to build off of Classic. Maybe start simple, re-release TBC but add a couple new zones or something.

Thats the problem though, its the current dev team that brought us BFA, would you want them to create more classic content? You think you do, but you dont.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 9 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I hear this all the time in everquest. It wouldn't work there and would be even worse here. You would not get more classic, you would get level 70 bfa with all the wrong conveniences nixed to make it "feel" classic.

I would rather see minor projects, like working on a new battleground or putting together an extra dungeon, that can potentially put in some of the cool script level improvements without risking the overall feel of the world. Even then I'd rather not have the current douches even try to go there, we'd end up being given mythic sm to farm for titanforged ravagers...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users