World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
So this nice tab targeting feature that was introduced into Legion made it over to classic as well.

So they'll keep in the scan targeting since classic is using a legion client as the base, but won't allow leeway on allowing us to increase nameplate view distance?

Wish I could still see my nameplates from 41 yards away, first world hunter problems.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Isnt there an addon that shows enemy nameplates with heath bars and shit and it also allows you to change the view distance of those health bars? I know I have it loaded, I just dont know which one it is as I installed so many. It might of been a package deal with one of the others.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So does the pickpocket/cheapshot macro not work anymore? Anyone got a fix for it?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Isnt there an addon that shows enemy nameplates with heath bars and shit and it also allows you to change the view distance of those health bars? I know I have it loaded, I just dont know which one it is as I installed so many. It might of been a package deal with one of the others.

Nope, max view distance via cVar is 20 yards. Nothing can push it further out than that.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah like Harshaw said they patched out being able to set the nameplate max distance cvar with values like: "6e1", etc, that would allow you see beyond the 20 yard cap.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What does that even hurt? I mean, really? What the hell does the extra coding really protect a player from, offensively or defensively? The same with view distance - if an encounter is broke by the player being able to pan out over a mile away, then your encounter f'n sucks. Dumb shit like this just makes me salty af.

Khane

What does that even hurt? I mean, really? What the hell does the extra coding really protect a player from, offensively or defensively? The same with view distance - if an encounter is broke by the player being able to pan out over a mile away, then your encounter f'n sucks. Dumb shit like this just makes me salty af.

The funny thing is max view distance is greater than it is in retail. And playing at max view distance is actually detrimental. Your viewport gets blocked by hills, trees, water. It's hilarious.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This was done mainly because of PvP and a bit for PvE. It was allowing players to see nameplates through walls and such.

xzi

Mouthbreather
You need to chill the fuck out bud. I'm in the LFG channel. It takes forever to find groups this way.

Speaking of retards though. If you think making it harder to find groups somehow brings the community together, you might be retarded.

I've literally never spent more than 10 mins getting a group together but I don't play dps. Usually it's instant cause druid can do anything. LFG isn't being used by like anybody and I don't know why but that's just the private server nonsense.

Khane

I've literally never spent more than 10 mins getting a group together but I don't play dps. Usually it's instant cause druid can do anything. LFG isn't being used by like anybody and I don't know why but that's just the private server nonsense.

So what's your argument against a LFG tool?

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
The nameplate change is garbage and makes playing a hunter (and I assume pretty much every other class) miserable sometimes. So many Aimed Shots deleted because I have to stand next to mobs to see their nameplate.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I have no argument against a LFG tool, but I don't want it. I didn't want it since WOTLK. I've made more friends forming groups in classic than I have in the last 5 years in retail and I directly correlate the two.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

You know that a LFG tool is not the dungeon finder right? It's just the chat channels put into an easier to use interface. You know... to connect people for grouping.

Khane

Maybe you have a point. I think we should shut FOH down and go back to IRC.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
So does the pickpocket/cheapshot macro not work anymore? Anyone got a fix for it?
I stopped using a macro for that after I tried it for a day. It sucks getting your pick pocket resisted and taking you out of stealth.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
570g... i have had no luck with drops/nodes at all. Gotten 1 black lotus, all nodes are almost always camped. Resorted to grinding the blue dragon elites in azshara... maybe 15g an hour. ugh.

Khane

You can basically perma camp black lotus with what? 8 people? How many actual spawns of it are there?