World of Warcraft: Classic

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I've looked into the issue myself in September and I've come to the conclusion that it is impossible to have the heals show over the people you've healed the way damage is shown there.
I noticed that Questie(?) puts an icon next to the nameplate. So I'm wondering if it would be possible to parse combat info and place healing values there?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I noticed that Questie(?) puts an icon next to the nameplate. So I'm wondering if it would be possible to parse combat info and place healing values there?

Nameplates cannot be edited in instanced content, and if they are they will be broken extremely fast. Blizzard disabled that ability because of weakauras and addons during legion and it's still the case in classic.

In theory it could work in the open world, but it would never work in any raid or bg, etc.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Hey guys. Looking for some more thoughts on warrior strats. I leveled 31 Arms and dumped the rest in Fury up until 55. I used a 2H for questing and yet tanked with a 1H/shield, no problems at any point. At 55, switched a Protection hybrid as our guild (our server) is always looking for tanks and figured I'd just finish in instances while learning the Protection a little better. Also makes it justifiable to roll on tanking gear if I've committed.

Anyway, at 58, I surprisingly got called up to our JV team for MC last week. The catch was that team 2 needs melee dps so I had to switch to Fury. I guess we have a lot of tanks that just log in for raids. Didn't know that. My DPS was shit. Partially because I didn't know the spec, partially because my 2H was from Uldaman, partially due to being in tanking gear mostly.

TLDR, raiding warrior newb, have questions:

1) What is the best info out there now for warrior theorycraft on stats, builds, rotation? I used to use icy veins but some people say they're not necessarily reliable.

2) I've read in a couple of places that Whirlwind should be in your rotation on single target. This seems like a waste of rage for single target. Why not save it for the Bloodthirst CD? Is this just a case where the math shows that taking the yellow damage now is than waiting for more-efficient efficient yellow damage?

3) Can anyone recommend a good swing timer add-on for Slam? I find it impossible to consistently watch for white swings with all the movement, particle effects, clipping, etc.

4) What is the latest thought on 2H vs DW for Fury? Most are saying that when you get "good" weapons, the math on DW is better. Where is that inflection point?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
You will need to get proper gear for dps. Hit and crit items, lots of leather and mail items.

You should be dual wielding as fury for dps. You should never touch slam, take that completely off your bars. You will be keeping bloodthirst and whirlwind on cool down and queueing heroic strike/cleave up above 70 rage and using a

/cast heroic strike
/stop casting

macro to queue and a unqueue up a HS when your OH is about to hit to reduce its hit penalty down to the standard 9% miss rate against bosses.

Get a swing timer for this.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
/cast heroic strike
/stop casting

macro to queue and a unqueue up a HS when your OH is about to hit to reduce its hit penalty down to the standard 9% miss rate against bosses.

Get a swing timer for this.

What?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Wait you didn't know about the HS feature Origin? Blizz commented that it's not a bug. Its cancer but man does it increase DPS

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I asked a bunch of people to test it during the streamer beta but no one wanted to. I was made aware of it during TBC while doing BT progression.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
While HS is queued, your white damage hit % is modified to your 2 hand miss %, I.e. your offhand will now miss like a 2 handed 27% -> 9%. If you have a swing timer and queue up a HS before your OH hits, if you’re hit capped for specials, it will hit. Then the /stopcasting part of the macro means you hit it again before your mainhand hits to cancel the HS queuing so you don’t actually use HS. You have to watch a swing timer, but with a fast OH you can have two OH hits occasionally in the window of one MH swing before cancelling the HS.

I’m doing this leveling my warrior and our dps can be doing this, but like Szeth said, it becomes pretty aids once you have to do other things with your focus.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm just excited to get into BWL+ gear so I don't have to stopcast it as often. Because it increases rage generation significantly we will be able to spam HS sooner rather than later.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know if that's it, but it looks to me like if you queue a heroic strike, until that HS it done the offhand gets a higher chance to it, ie you're exploiting some kind of bug in the combat mechanics to get a higher hit rate with the offhand. You don't actually ever do a HS, right?

Blizz commented that it's not a bug.

Holy shit. How is that not a bug.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What's the go to swing timer addon? As I understand it, as a sword spec rogue, I want to time my sinister strikes / finishers right after a MH swing to reset the swing timer for more procs. Any other combat sword rogue secret sauce?

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I get what you're saying about the macro except a part: If you /cast and the next line is /stop I'd think the stop would occur before the off hand it. Or should I think of it as two threads? <t1 /cast HS>.. <t2 hit off hand> ... <t1 /stop casting> ?

Origin

Molten Core Raider
And i thought i knew everything about warriors... guess not. Will test that shit when i get on. Sounds more gay than having to pay attention to swing timer as a rogue tho. Damn.

Just got a Deathbringer too. That's a fat 2.9 timer for the HS queue.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I get what you're saying about the macro except a part: If you /cast and the next line is /stop I'd think the stop would occur before the off hand it. Or should I think of it as two threads? <t1 /cast HS>.. <t2 hit off hand> ... <t1 /stop casting> ?
It does whatever action it can and seems to work backwards. I don't have an explanation as I'm not a programmer, but I know it works and I have mousewheel up to HS and mousewheel down to Cleave and they both work perfect with the /stopcasting macros on each.

I don't know if that's it, but it looks to me like if you queue a heroic strike, until that HS it done the offhand gets a higher chance to it, ie you're exploiting some kind of bug in the combat mechanics to get a higher hit rate with the offhand. You don't actually ever do a HS, right?

Holy shit. How is that not a bug.

Because "on next hit" mechanics weren't fully baked when they released the game. The coding is too simple for the game to comprehend each hand separately.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
What's the go to swing timer addon? As I understand it, as a sword spec rogue, I want to time my sinister strikes / finishers right after a MH swing to reset the swing timer for more procs. Any other combat sword rogue secret sauce?
I just use https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/weaponswingtimer

And yes, this is 100% optimal and also pretty aids. But at least you only need to be pressing a button every 3-5 seconds.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Only thing that complicates it is flurry axe proc, HoJ, and wind fury. It’s pretty common to proc into a HS going off. Which is not an issue so long as you still have rage to BT on cooldown.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And i thought i knew everything about warriors... guess not.
I'm gonna guess this is some pretty obscure stuff hardly anyone who didn't play Classic since Vanilla knew about. I sure as hell don't remember any talk about this in my guild and it's weird enough that I would have.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
To test this out, thinking about buying a blue 1.3 speed dagger since I have a decent BoE main-hand. Will this work well? Does it mean I like trannies?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
To test this out, thinking about buying a blue 1.3 speed dagger since I have a decent BoE main-hand. Will this work well? Does it mean I like trannies?
Do you have Mirah's song? OH from Scholo quest chain?

I'm gonna guess this is some pretty obscure stuff hardly anyone who didn't play Classic since Vanilla knew about. I sure as hell don't remember any talk about this in my guild and it's weird enough that I would have.

The Pservers didn't have this, because they're fucking morons.