World of Warcraft: Classic

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Also pet dps was laughable when raiding. If one is out it should be a wolf for the buff on passive standing right next to you as you sit on the wall at the back of the cave (fear wouldn't send you anywhere if dps is here, just takes some good jumping skills)

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Onyxia is all about positioning, not DPS. Unsummon the fucking pet.

Well as I said, I had already stopped using it because I was uncertain. I figured this board would know as you guys have a lot of hunters.

People keep saying Ony is not about DPS yet I also keep hearing healers say 'I'm OOM dps faster'. Seen enough wipes at a sliver of hp to motivate me into trying to maximize my potential damage. (and yes I bring my wolf)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Well as I said, I had already stopped using it because I was uncertain. I figured this board would know as you guys have a lot of hunters.

People keep saying Ony is not about DPS yet I also keep hearing healers say 'I'm OOM dps faster'. Seen enough wipes at a sliver of hp to motivate me into trying to maximize my potential damage. (and yes I bring my wolf)

Only reason for healers to go oom on ony are:
They're shit or undergeared
There's too few healers
People arent spreading enough

The fight takes less than half the time it did at og release, and mana wasnt a primary issue then either

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I soloed Onyx, cant remember when, either Wrath or TBC on my shaman. Yeah, I know 10+ levels more and a heap more stats not really an accomplishment. Still it took me like 20-30 min, lol.

xzi

Mouthbreather
If your healers are going oom, your raid needs to spread out when she goes in the air

otherwise you really only need 2 healers on the tank, maybe 3 if they're dual wielding (or just one paladin but less room for error)

xzi

Mouthbreather
sounds more like a dps problem than a heal problem but I could be wrong, unless they're all extremely undergeared

fire prot potions (even just the low level cheap ones) help significantly if your gear is not great, sometimes with bad RNG she'll fireball the same cluster of people like 3 times in a row and they just die

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its an aggro fight. And the problem is from what I can tell, you build up aggro all throughout phase 1 and 2, and if you dotn get fire balled in pahase 2, shes bound to unload on you in pahse 3. Huntards can wipe aggro, not sure about healers though. But whenever we failed was always in pahse 3, her getting turned and wiping 1/2 or 3/4 of the raid. Or the tank not geting aggro right away when she lands and she proceeds to pick off 1/2 the raid before the tank can snap that aggro. That or just getitng hit by the breath in PH2 and wiping a 1/4 of the raid lol, that one is always fun.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
fire prot potions (even just the low level cheap ones) help significantly if your gear is not great

I'm a shitter and chugging pots did a lot to mitigate that. I haven't even seen a wipe in MC but after a couple bad Onyxia attempts I started in on the consumables and haven't looked back.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fire pots def saved me a few times. The times when she fireballs 2 times in a row, it lets you survive, then bandgae/pot heal.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Phase 3 is a dps race though because of the tank knockback. At some point, your healers will be well above the tanks and start getting eaten before the tank can match their threat again.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Getting your resist to "fair", which is easily done with 3 pieces, will save your butt. I normally do that and 1 normal fire pot and have never had to worry and still do solid deeps.

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
Phase 3 is a dps race though because of the tank knockback. At some point, your healers will be well above the tanks and start getting eaten before the tank can match their threat again.
Phase 1 has wing buffets too. It really isn't a race unless you tards wipe half the raid with an aggro pull, that's when you start running into healer threat issues.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I can't tell if Asmongold is serious when he gets spazzy and butthurt or if it's an act for twitch.

edit for context

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 1 users