World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
"Don't blame the tank for not knowing how to position the mob. The raid leader never told him."

If you're taking issue with positioing on a single night and pull your point is taken.

However, if you're taking issue with your tanks on every pull over the course of months of raiding, then it's the raid leaders fault.

The question you really need to be asking yourself is, "Who would let one or two guys ruin a raid, every week, on every pull, for months on end?"

Leon

<Silver Donator>
After 15 years i'd expect tanks to fucking know how to tank / position shit. There's only a decade and a half worth of resources online on how to do molten core. Come on.

Your raid leader shouldn't have to baby sit your key role players into looking shit up themselves.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Have you ever played an MMO before? The number of people who actually do research outside of the game, show up to raids in optimal specs and with consumes, etc is pretty small. There’s nothing wrong with telling a tank to turn certain mobs away from the raid for the first time, but if they continually fail to do so, get new tanks.

• 1Solidarity

Leon

<Silver Donator>
WOW classic is your chance as a guild to weed out that kinda shit real real quick. You know the drill, you know the mobs, you know all the raids, don't fill your raid with first timers or fucking drooling retards.

Don't recruit the fucking idiots who think not doing any research is the way to be a main tank in a guild.

You have thousands of people to recruit from and 15 years of MMO experience NOT to make the same fucking mistakes, chose the players who will fucking put the MINIMUM effort into this shit instead of the lazy fucks. It's not hard.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's one ability. And if you use your eyes you can see what's going on. It's also kind of funny you think nobody has ever pointed this out in discord.

This is not Mythic BfA raiding, you don't need to research anything. You just need to look at your screen.

Khane

I was responding to Tmac. But yea, would be nice. Like I said wrong faction, wrong server. Such is the way of classic since they decided not to include the population API that allows websites like realmpop to work.

This really all goes back to their botched release and fucked initial migration policy.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My point was that if your tank sucks and the raid leader hasn't replaced them, corrected them, or done anything else, where do you put the blame?

I'm not suggesting the raid leader do the tanks job. Jesus...

Khane

That was part of the original point, which was talking about ignorant loot council members and raid leaders. The tanks suck, they default the gear to them anyway and make no real attempt to fix the issues.

So I guess we're all on the same page now?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That was part of the original point, which was talking about ignorant loot council members and raid leaders. The tanks suck, they default the gear to them anyway and make no real attempt to fix the issues.

So I guess we're all on the same page now?

Wait wait, have you thought about another guild?

Khane

Dammit, how did I miss such an obvious solution?!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don’t join forum or casual guilds if you to want raid and value your time. It’s much easier if you aren’t horrible to apply to the top guilds who have the better players and structure more importantly so you can just play and not worry about nonsense.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
eh I joined a top guild and it was fun for like 2 weeks until I realized nothing in classic will ever be challenging whatsoever. Speedruns are fine but I'm just not that interested if I'm honest.

more important to just play with bros

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
There has been zero wrong with our forum guild. We clear MC/Ony in one night and even have a 2nd alt MC raid now.

The Loot Council has been fair, could it use work? Sure, but they're also doing that work to make it better for BWL. No loot system is perfect and I've had plenty of experience with both dkp and loot council. No quality guild I've been in uses dkp anymore.

It's a thankless job keeping track of this much loot, constant recruiting due to turnover, making sure people do their fucking jobs when they'd rather come off spec and dick around during trash, assuaging monstrous egos like mine, etc...

I'm pretty thankful for how the forum guild has been operating.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I found the loot system to be utterly joyless. A box pops up, you are obligated on each relevant drop to select whether it is an upgrade or your best in slot, and it is handed out. Fair? You betcha. It also completely removes any agency on behalf of the player. If someone was so inclined to do so the entity pushing the button (me) could be entirely automated out through use of a fancier add-on and equipment database. At no point in time do I even have the illusion of choice or get to make faux/meaningless decisions. Choosing not to press a button is forbidden by the rules up to and including repeated passive-aggressive threats about not gaming the system and alluded to consequences for doing so. It is the only loot system I have ever been a part of where I couldn't even pretend to have a say in the direction of my progress. It's like being a unit it in an RPG someone else is playing.

I cannot deny its fairness or even its utility but it is devoid of the psychological manipulations that keep me going.

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
There has been zero wrong with our forum guild. We clear MC/Ony in one night and even have a 2nd alt MC raid now.

The Loot Council has been fair, could it use work? Sure, but they're also doing that work to make it better for BWL. No loot system is perfect and I've had plenty of experience with both dkp and loot council. No quality guild I've been in uses dkp anymore.

It's a thankless job keeping track of this much loot, constant recruiting due to turnover, making sure people do their fucking jobs when they'd rather come off spec and dick around during trash, assuaging monstrous egos like mine, etc...

I'm pretty thankful for how the forum guild has been operating.

Ditto.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I found the loot system to be utterly joyless. A box pops up, you are obligated on each relevant drop to select whether it is an upgrade or your best in slot, and it is handed out. Fair? You betcha. It also completely removes any agency on behalf of the player. If someone was so inclined to do so the entity pushing the button (me) could be entirely automated out through use of a fancier add-on and equipment database. At no point in time do I even have the illusion of choice or get to make faux/meaningless decisions. Choosing not to press a button is forbidden by the rules up to and including repeated passive-aggressive threats about not gaming the system and alluded to consequences for doing so. It is the only loot system I have ever been a part of where I couldn't even pretend to have a say in the direction of my progress. It's like being a unit it in an RPG someone else is playing.

I cannot deny its fairness or even its utility but it is devoid of the psychological manipulations that keep me going.

You've only seen the first layer, coppertop

sadris

Karen
<Donor>

You could play a tank instead of a DPS and then you get to make up what constitutes BIS on the fly!

• 1Worf

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Servers down for some hilarious bugfixes:

-Could trade cross server in AV
-Could summon flag carrier in WSG back to your base
-Priests with Spirit of Redemption stayed at 1 HP forever, turning them into an invincible heal turret

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

The devs probably didn't have a raid leader doing the research for them. Not their fault.