World of Warcraft: Classic

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
And at no point does releasing more servers cross thier minds. This was the problem when they started classic, not enough servers. Fuck em.
Who will start on a dead server though? Or transfer to a potentially dead server? Only way a new server works is if there's forced migration and they keep a strict eye on population balance. I would think forced migration would have people throwing a shitfit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Everyone knows playing on a dead server sucks, so asking people to transfer off or start on new servers is just not going to happen. Maybe when wow was new people fell for that garbage, but any of us that played EQ knew already to stay away from dying servers. The one exception is if you have a very tight knit guild and can completely monopolize spawns.... but in todays MMO world that's highly unlikely with turnover.

I don't see a major issue with layering. I'd add some sort of restriction to layer hopping if possible, but if you can accomplish that than the amount of resources available per player should be the same as a low pop server without layering. Demand and supply should both go up on a server that needs layering. And quite frankly, does anyone really care if cost of resources go down as a result?

I think layering is the best solution between "cross realm" crap that destroyed retail's community and current classic with huge queues.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is a temporary and exceptional situtaiton, it requires a temporary fix, such as layering. ppl saying "oh no the economy" are the same ppl who buys mask for 2$ and sells them for 50$ : smart, but they can burn in hell.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, the game is fucking bullshit at these population levels anyway.

Everywhere you go, there's a bot or a boxed account standing on every thorium vein and lotus spawn in the game. AB and WSG are full of nothing but insufferable rank grinders and the queue for AV doesn't justify the reward.

Dungeons are dead...I can't find DPS to fill out any group I start with a tank and a healer, because... well, why the fuck would you do 20% of the work for blues when you can do 2.5% of the work for purples? And because the server pop is so huge, there's always pug raids, so you don't even need any skills to get into one. Just slum your way to gear.

So, outside of a raid night, there's literally nothing to do. Can't farm your own shit. Can't grind honor efficiently, can't run dungeons. Game just isn't fun.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Surprising to hear someone say that about dungeons. Outside of ridiculously off peak times like when I play at 4-7am server time as a tank I can almost instantly find a group for anything I want. If I’m super picky on who I invite it might take me 15-20 minutes to form.

There are too many good dungeon items that last into or even through BWL for people to ignore them.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't get that comment on groups, they are plentiful and constant on populated servers.

I'm on Atiesh, rolled with 2 RL friends as War/Mage/Priest, and we've honestly had to 3 man most of our way to 60 and beyond because "LF 2 DPS for XXXX" is absolutely blank the majority of the time. For hours. We did all of Sunken Temple aside from the Dreamer as 3 man, checking in LFG every 3rd pull, nada.

That's the most frustrating part. I don't need to work tradeskills, I don't need to PvP, but if I can't run dungeons what the fuck am I paying for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Sorry - I missed that originally. If this is for dungeons prior to BRD I could understand at this point. But that’s likely because people are all capped, and when running their alts to 60 they other get carries or just farm/quest to 60.
Once you’re at 60 you shouldn’t have trouble finding dps for any dungeon.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
We did all of Sunken Temple aside from the Dreamer as 3 man, checking in LFG every 3rd pull, nada.
Mages are making a killing powerleveling people through Shadowfang Keep (15+) , Scarlet Monastery (21+), Maraudon (level 35+), Zul Farrak (35+) and maybe BRD (52 to 60). If you can AFK your way to max level with up to 160k XP/hour why would you play the game normally?

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Mages are making a killing powerleveling people through Shadowfang Keep (15+) , Scarlet Monastery (21+), Maraudon (level 35+), Zul Farrak (35+) and maybe BRD (52 to 60). If you can AFK your way to max level with up to 160k XP/hour why would you play the game normally?

Yep, that's basically all there is in LFG now...it's a channel where mages are paying to be powerleveled. Presumably so they themselves can be paid to powerlevel other people.

Game is a shell of what it used to be. It was fun for a winter, but it's yard work season.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I guess I can see the issue getting into lowbie dungeons now since so many wanna bypass that with power leveling but I can't say I agree with the higher dungeons at least on Whitemane, we have nonstop pug raids of all content but finding a five man group for anything BRD and higher is always full at any time of the day. I mean the downside is the queues and herbs being botted and shit but on the other side at 4:30am on a Thursday you can find a group for any dungeon within seconds.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
but I can't say I agree with the higher dungeons at least on Whitemane
But that is what the classic experience was always like: it differs greatly from server to server. That was what people wanted with "server community."

If you lucked out on being on a popular server you can always find like-minded people (if you can get in), but if you are stuck on a server whose population is mostly made out of bots, farmers and multiboxers you are fucked.

The whole "no changes" mantra really sucks for people stuck on both ends of the spectrum, because you either have long queues or no one to play with. At the very least Blizzard should admit they failed to manage the influx of players and merge some of the smaller servers to make them more viable.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Yep, that's basically all there is in LFG now...it's a channel where mages are paying to be powerleveled. Presumably so they themselves can be paid to powerlevel other people.

Game is a shell of what it used to be. It was fun for a winter, but it's yard work season.

This is why the #nochanges idiots are the ones who are in actuality the biggest proponents of change.

Can't fix pathing exploit abuse that never happened 15 years ago because, #nochanges!!!!! Meanwhile game devolves into exploit riddled unplayable garbage. You can't handcuff yourself with a hashtag; if some exploit exists that OBVIOUSLY would have been quickly fixed 15 years ago because it was ruining the game, then it's fair game to fix now. Looks like WoW devs never learned from the emu community

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sure would be great if I could fucking get on to play. Wait time went from 5 minutes back to an hour, this after 2+ hours in queue already because people are not logging out. Fuck this shit, not logging on tonight.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity