World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Man, seeing how EQ can actually hire dedicated GM's for their progression servers really makes me hate Blizzard even more. I would gladly pay $19.99 a month and have the extra cash go to a dedicated team of GM's who do nothing but ban bots, exploiters, and faggots off the server.

yeah i mean you're not wrong, but you're not right either.

EQ GMs do none of the above either. EQ prog servers are some wild shit.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

That is a shame, but yeah it's pretty sad when these companies made less money they were able to have dedicated staff to handle issues, but I am not exaggerating at all when I said I would willingly pay more money to play the game without bots, without exploiters, without people named Twoincherect, and Futtbucker, without all of the retarded bullshit an actual fucking GM is meant to do.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They would have GMs if Activision wasn't draining every cent for their investors.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

The previous tlp's this is for sure true. Not sure if you know but the newest ones are said to have actual dedicated GM's. We'll see if they actually do anything. Here's hoping they do.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The game would be a lot better off with GM intervention, the griefing, exploiting, botting, and shit has gotten so far out of hand to the point it ruins what is an otherwise good MMO. The sad and pathetic part about it is the Emu servers actually do a better job of preventing this shit for free and Blizzard won't even do it with money. Due to their inaction I am pretty close to just throwing in the towel and ending my sub.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, the botting was getting out of hand when I was just herbing I can't imagine what it's like now that people have had half a year to hit 60.

That's the primary reason I'm not playing any characters at 60 and just barely logging in, that and I refuse to compete with bots to farm consumes and refuse to pay 200g+ for a flask most likely funded by bots or multiboxers who can also get fucked.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I enjoyed classic in the beginning but the nostalgia only lasted so long. I've been playing with a solid raiding group which includes a group of real life friends. Minimal to no raid/loot drama, generally enjoy most of the people we play with and we're on track to have BWL cleared this week.

However I just can't be bothered to log on anymore. Most likely I'm just getting too old for this shit.

nisser

Trakanon Raider
The game would be a lot better off with GM intervention, the griefing, exploiting, botting, and shit has gotten so far out of hand to the point it ruins what is an otherwise good MMO. The sad and pathetic part about it is the Emu servers actually do a better job of preventing this shit for free and Blizzard won't even do it with money. Due to their inaction I am pretty close to just throwing in the towel and ending my sub.
It really is quite bad. I wish they'd accelerate the schedule so I can dip into naxx/Aq40 and be done with it. They have zero desire to clean up the servers and make it an enjoyable experience.

THey recently removed layers and opened up the servers. Full of bots. Everywhere. And now 2hr+ ques nightly.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should just add a layer just for bots. The only problem with that solution is that it completely lacks integrity, which fits Blizzard well as it is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Black Lotus market just crashed, and the tears are fucking delicious. Went from 160g to 90g in 3 minutes. Still falling.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah.

Blizzard
Via hotfixes, we're working on several quality-of-life improvements that should go live in the next few days.

Black Lotus scarcity has been consistently among the top issues we've seen player feedback about, so we've decided to update how we handle Black Lotus spawns. Since the launch of WoW Classic, the game has used the spawn times and locations from original World of Warcraft, but population and social factors have led to Black Lotus being much more scarce than it was in original WoW. While these issues affect all mining and herb nodes to some degree, Black Lotus is especially affected because it has the special property of only having one spawn up at a time in each of the zones it spawns in.

In original WoW, designers planned Black Lotus around a technical limitation – only 10 spawn locations per node type could be active at the same time in the same zone. We no longer have that limitation, but it gives us a design intention that we can work with: Black Lotus was supposed to spawn in the widest variety of locations, while there could only be one up at a time in each zone. As always, our goal is to minimize differences from original World of Warcraft, and we feel this is a case where we can follow that design intention in a way that is warranted by modern conditions as well as beneficial to players.

We're going to increase the spawn rate of Black Lotus, and we're going to add many additional possible spawn locations in each of the Black Lotus zones. With a different hotfix, we're working on making it so that a player cannot see a Black Lotus on-screen or on their minimap if they're dead, unless they have 300 Herbalism.

For Warsong Gulch, we've identified a number of locations in the battleground where clever players have found ways to get to a place they were never intended to go. These exploits are decidedly unfair, so we're putting a stop to them. In most cases, the way we prevent such things is to place an invisible gate that blocks the unintended path. However, that's sometimes impossible, so we make the out-of-bounds location fatal.

We're also working on a hotfix that should put a stop to one small annoyance – now, if a player is actively engaged with the mailbox or bank, they will be considered “busy” if someone else tries to initiate a trade with them.

We'll have all of these changes noted for you in the next Hotfixes Update that follows them going live.

Thank you!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
One of our guildmates had their post removed from the Blizzard forums for "trolling" for respectfully asking why there had been no communication on layers. This fucking company is a joke. Furor is a piece of fucking shit too since this faggot worthless cocksucker is at the helm and does nothing. I hope this whole fucking company gets the Target/Auto Zone treatment.

what.JPG

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Normal people don't become moderators for games' official forums. That's even less of a career than McDonald's manager.