World of Warcraft: Classic

lost

<Bronze Donator>
But what exactly is it you do in a full set of Naxx BIS? You stop logging in, right? At least that character.
Thats why I quit the first week of naxx, lol. Same with a handful of my buddies. Like wat, raid two days a week for what? Ill wait for TBC

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
68 minute Naxx clear, currently World #3 behind Salad Bakers and a Chinese guild.

Will see where we are at the end of this DMF week

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Good job casting mark of the wild.
Hey, he just scored his 4th TD of the game, some day he'll be telling his grandchildren of these accomplishments. (and hopefully photoshopping Al Bundy into his WoW Classic Classic Classic guilds kills)

It takes us 68 minutes to clear a wing!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Let's see how this week looks:

Naxxramas Rules Beginning January 3, 2021

The following rules will take effect on January 3, 2021 at 12pm UTC regarding Naxxramas complete raids.

1. Using Traces of Silithyst will result in your parse being invalid and in your guild's complete raid rank being invalid. (This rule is already in effect, but we're including it here for completeness).

2. Using Soul Revival in conjunction with Darkmoon Faire buffs will result in your parse being invalid and in your guild's complete raid rank being invalid. Traces was already banned, and Soul Revival will become unobtainable after Dec 31. If we allowed Soul Revival in the next DMF week, then parses that will never be beaten would be put up, and damage parsing might as well stop next week. By disallowing it, we ensure that everyone can keep parsing for the final months of the tier.

Soul Revival only became trackable by WCL very recently after a fix made by Blizzard, so we can't retroactively ban all Soul Revival logs. We decided it would be too disruptive to wipe out all rankings just to remove it, since - so far - it hasn't been used in any rankings that can't be beaten. Only next week would unbeatable Soul Revival rankings really become a concern, so that's why we're taking action now.

3. Rebuffing World Buffs will put your dps/healing complete raid rank in a "rebuffed" section. If you look at the "Waiting for 3min+ CDs" rules for BWL, we're going to do the same thing for Naxxramas. If you leave the raid to rebuff, your personal ranks will end up with that "rebuffed" flag set to indicate you went out and got fresh world buffs.

4. Failing trash requirements or using more than 5 Flask of Petrification while in combat will result in the log being put in the "With Skips" category. Outside of combat, you may use any number of flasks, as this can't be reliably tracked by WCL. Flask usage has no effect on your boss DPS/HPS complete raid rankings, since both the "With Skips" and "Without Skips" categories share the same boss DPS/HPS leaderboard. Both categories will be shown on the front page and on server pages for Naxxramas, so if you want to skip trash or use unlimited petris, you can choose to compete in the "With Skips" category.

5. There will be a 5 minute penalty to your speed run time for each swap you make in a raid. This will have no effect on DPS/HPS ranks, but is put in place to make sure speed runs only use 40 characters and don't abuse the ability to swap up to whatever limit we have set.

6. With the above time penalty in place, we'll be raising the allowed number of raiders in a complete raid to 50 (up from 46).

7. With the rules around rebuffing in place, the timeout for complete raids will be raised to 2 hours (up from 1 hour).

Naxxramas Trash Requirements​

Abomination Wing: 10 Patchwork Golems, 20 Embalming Slimes, 11 Bile Retchers or Sludge Belchers, 5 Living Monstrosities
Spider Wing: 90 Infectious Skitterers, 2 Venom Stalkers, 1 Crypt Reaver, 4 Necro Stalkers, 2 Tomb Horrors
Military Wing: 14 Deathknights, 12 Deathknight Captains, 9 Deathknight Cavaliers, 4 Skeletal Smiths, 2 Shades of Naxxramas, 6 Necro Knights, 8 Weapons total (any combination of Unholy Axe/Unholy Staff/Unholy Sword)
Plague Wing: 8 Stoneskin Gargoyles, 4 Plague Slimes
Outer Ring: 4 Plagued Gargoyles, 16 Plagued Ghouls, 2 Spirits of Naxxramas, 12 Necropolis Acolytes

Shariva has made a helpful spreadsheet that will examine your log and validate it against these rules. You can check out the spreadsheet here! You can go to the Instructions tab of the spreadsheet to set it up.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They should start BC servers from lvl1 and have per-faction queues this time.

Otherwise, it's a fucking joke, again.

• 2Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I don’t love queues, but I fucking loves the initial leveling rush. Hope it’s super crowded and chaotic again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I welcome changes after the Classic experience. The world buff meta sucks an aids dick. It trivialized all the raids, made you feel like shit in parses if you died once, ppl griefing the mind control buff reset, and on my server which wasn't dominated by 1 faction.. you were lucky to make it in w/o dying or getting purged in Blackrock Mountain.

Fuck that shit.

• 2Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I welcome changes after the Classic experience. The world buff meta sucks an aids dick. It trivialized all the raids, made you feel like shit in parses if you died once, ppl griefing the mind control buff reset, and on my server which wasn't dominated by 1 faction.. you were lucky to make it in w/o dying or getting purged in Blackrock Mountain.

Fuck that shit.
now this is classic

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don’t love queues, but I fucking loves the initial leveling rush. Hope it’s super crowded and chaotic again.
yeah I started classic about 6 weeks after it opened so I'm sort of looking forward to this, although it'll be fucking hilarious in a single tbc zone on our pvp server haha

• 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
We wuz raidin' in da plane of da sky beforz Kunark. Genjiro prolly wuz there.

Mud laffs at your Naxx stuff.

Laffs wit his teef.

• 4Faggotry
  • 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
WoWScrnShot_010621_205338.jpg

aw yeah

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I feel like the game was mechanically at its best in late BC, out of every expansion. But if there isn't some kind of attempt at faction balance, I will not play it.

• 3Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Once horde get Paladins its like, why the fuck would you want to play an alliance race? Oh cool, Humans, Elves, Gnomes, and Dwarves. Those are very underrepresented in RPGs!

• 1Like