World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Nah i assumed this too, the only addons i ever use is a threat meter and dbm. They broke a bunch of shit somehow with their brewfest patch. I think? it's probably fixed by now?

The patch broke a bunch of stuff that has been working fine for decades, so that's likely. I think they have a serious issue of spaghetti code going on, and nobody experienced enough to unravel it well.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The patch broke a bunch of stuff that has been working fine for decades, so that's likely. I think they have a serious issue of spaghetti code going on, and nobody experienced enough to unravel it well.
WoW's code has to be a f'n mess by now. So many hands that have less and less experience over the years. Especially with how Class/TBC have been forced into existence.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Ye ask and ye shall receive. No world buffs in raids, higher raid boss exp, no debuff limit and faster leveling.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Good changes to be honest and you can see Holly's influence from EQ TLP's including the 1 year timeline. Not that I am going to play mind you but if you were interested this looks like a better ruleset the the first time around.

Honor System and BG's from the start
Summoning Stones
Increased Nodes
No Debuff Limit
Increased Raid Boss HP
Unnerfed Raid Bosses (mechanics)
No Raid world buffs
Faster Leveling
12 Month Timeline

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Good changes to be honest and you can see Holly's influence from EQ TLP's including the 1 year timeline. Not that I am going to play mind you but if you were interested this looks like a better ruleset the the first time around.

Summoning Stones
Increased Nodes
No Debuff Limit
Increased Raid Boss HP
Unnerfed Raid Bosses (mechanics)
No Raid world buffs
Faster Leveling
12 Month Timeline

Good concept, horrible execution.

What are the point of world buffs now? E.g. You pop Ony so all the people still leveling can use the buff?

Should have scaled up raid boss difficulty and made world buffs undispellable, and ability to pop Ony off cool down

• 3Pathetic
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Good concept, horrible execution.

What are the point of world buffs now? E.g. You pop Ony so all the people still leveling can use the buff?

Should have scaled up raid boss difficulty and made world buffs undispellable, and ability to pop Ony off cool down

Honestly with them becoming such a cancer within the community I wont miss them. I don't blame them from taking this direction at all, plus it will allow them to tune the raids harder without having to bake in the assumption of them being active.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I wonder when they announce the WoW Classic Season of Mastery Collectors Edition Battle Chest that for 49.95 that comes with a mount, toy, larger bag and exp potions.

• 2Worf

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Not a bad set of changes. Just for me it's a bit too close from having done it already, though would have loved to have it like this from the start. Maybe in a few years.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With them calling it "Season of Mastery", it would be cool if they added in some account wide title or something. Something DBG should have done a long time ago.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Not if they paid me to play it. Have some self respect you monkeys and quit giving this shit company money.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Would have been nice if they had these options and different rulesets to start out, after playing about 2 years of classic though I can't see playing again.

I assume the removal of world buffs and the debuff limit will create more class stacking though. Will be interesting to see how it turns out from the sidelines this time.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If they can do faction-based queues or some other kind of faction-balancing mechanism, I am totally in.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they can do faction-based queues or some other kind of faction-balancing mechanism, I am totally in.
Werent you bitching about the fury warrior meta and loot being funneled to them when wow classic first launched?

I cant wait to see your reaction with bosses having higher hp pools which is going to further push the fury warrior meta and less loot over time which will require guilds to ensure those fury wars get their bis items before anyone else

• 1Moron

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Werent you bitching about the fury warrior meta and loot being funneled to them when wow classic first launched?

I cant wait to see your reaction with bosses having higher hp pools which is going to further push the fury warrior meta and less loot over time which will require guilds to ensure those fury wars get their bis items before anyone else
Fury warriors are not nearly as good without world buffs.

Not quite sure how debuff limit will affect class balance.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fury warriors are not nearly as good without world buffs.
This is how world buffs work for every class. Did you never wipe on a raid and continue raiding with no world buffs? Spoiler: Fury warriors still topped the charts

• 1Moron
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Not quite sure how debuff limit will affect class balance.

Hard to say how being able to stick every single dot and debuff on a boss while effect rankings. Aren't there a ton of things that just never, ever see use in that era? Could be at least a little interesting.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users