World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1-20 or so will be really easy and quick its after that which is the real test, although they decreased required XP gains too so maybe it won't be so bad at all...

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, exp requirements that is what I meant. They were cut to be in line with TBC cuts when they introduced the pre-patch ahead of TBC Classic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They cut exp requirements? Nice.

With the release of TBC the amount of exp needed to level is a little smaller and the amount of exp awarded from quests is a little higher. It makes a pretty big difference. You don't really run out of quests or otherwise need to follow a leveling guide to avoid droughts. You can go where you want and leave when you want and it will work out.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
With the release of TBC the amount of exp needed to level is a little smaller and the amount of exp awarded from quests is a little higher. It makes a pretty big difference. You don't really run out of quests or otherwise need to follow a leveling guide to avoid droughts. You can go where you want and leave when you want and it will work out.

Hell in retail all the levels are made up and the xp points don't matter.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Went to do my bear quest in the Barrens and was like "ill just run to Org to get the FP". Fuck I forgot how long that shit takes.

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just cant seem to get into FF14.
You mean don't like the quest npc ---> cutscene ---> travel ----> cutscene ----> kill 4 mobs ----> cutscene ----> travel across the world ----> cutscene ?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
You mean don't like the quest npc ---> cutscene ---> travel ----> cutscene ----> kill 4 mobs ----> cutscene ----> travel across the world ----> cutscene ?
You gotta mix in other activities and levelling other classes! Originally this is how it worked but nerfing exp to level up each expansion reduced the early game down to just the MSQ fetch quest if you are being semi-optimal.

It's a fair critisism but it does pay off if you pay attention with awesome moments in the expansions.

Once you've unlocked stuff like the raids, the Shadowbringers raids are the best raids ever released in an MMO.

At least it's functional and everyone knows the story. WoW early game is unplayable for newbies now, they get kicked out of zones at lv40/50 and can't follow the story.

• 1Picard

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought FF when it was on sale… then I had to go back to the office so I haven’t even activated it yet.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

I was annoyed at this too. But what really pissed me off was the cocktease quest NPC when they hand you a 'communication device' to stay in contact. Great, now I don't need to take 12 airships over the course of one story line.

NOPE, you still had to travel back to that POS.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The fast travel system works really well and you typically only have to collect a couple bear asses (two to four usually) rather than ten.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was annoyed at this too. But what really pissed me off was the cocktease quest NPC when they hand you a 'communication device' to stay in contact. Great, now I don't need to take 12 airships over the course of one story line.

NOPE, you still had to travel back to that POS.
It pays off when multiple bad things happen to the character that makes you see her in person.

Later in an alternate reality her underage teenage reincarnation starts a lesbian romance with underage teenage Kristen Ritter, based around a series of raids where they just want to eat cake in the cafe at decadent apocalypse town instead of fufilling the weight of their respective opposite destinies. There is a happy ending after reincarnation girl is possessed by the sexy elemental incarnation of ice and Kristen Ritter merges with her ghost boyfriend and tries to kompress time, but you fight them both to their senses.

Spoilers.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ganked my first Alliance toon tonight. It was a really bad NElf hunter waiting for the boat in Ratchet. Even had its pet on passive for good measure. Then i got greedy when they respawned and got curb stomped by the Ratchet Bruisers when I tried again. Good times. 1/2 a level to cat form.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users