World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man my raid group slacked off hard, we still only have one healer ready for naxx 10. Gonna have to give up the elemental dream and go resto

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
3 bubbles from 80, finishing up Grizzly Hills.

I saw they are going to lower the honor cost for pvp gear.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I lasted 2 weeks, then got bored. There is only so much nostalgia i can handle.

A lot of people are going to face that grim realization soon :) BoozeCube BoozeCube was right in that people should go slow and enjoy it, not engage in a content rapefest.

Planning to take my time at 80 finishing up all the quests on Northrend and PVPing along the way.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The most obvious problem Ive seen for a lot of people is that they just dont make any friends. I made a friend with that tank I spoke about and we group together every day. Help each other out, outside of WT's and more. He legit told me a couple of days ago that had I not messaged him and started grouping with him that he was going to quit. No telling how many other people have experiences like that. LFD would have numbed that problem for a lot of people, but as soon as content gets stale they'll leave then.

Outside of that, Im glad Raids are finally here today. The only thing slowing us down in Heroics now is the fucking RP and rando retarded DPS.

• 1Truth!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The most obvious problem Ive seen for a lot of people is that they just dont make any friends. I made a friend with that tank I spoke about and we group together every day. Help each other out, outside of WT's and more. He legit told me a couple of days ago that had I not messaged him and started grouping with him that he was going to quit. No telling how many other people have experiences like that. LFD would have numbed that problem for a lot of people, but as soon as content gets stale they'll leave then.

Outside of that, Im glad Raids are finally here today. The only thing slowing us down in Heroics now is the fucking RP and rando retarded DPS.

MMORPG's are meant to be as social as possible. The biggest driver of growth and retention is other people, I would venture to guess that factor is even more important than the actual game. Thing is with shit like GDKPs, Boosting, and other anti-social aspects really detract from that. The people who take the time to hop on discord and chat with the people they group with are going to enjoy the game far more than shut in who doesn't talk to anyone.

To that same end the pure autistic levels of some people can be a turn off to the whole thing, I was getting into leveling up and checking out the game again, I was chatting with Daid then got dragged into a pure sweaty guild meeting of autistic retardation and never logged in again.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
A lot of people are going to face that grim realization soon :) BoozeCube BoozeCube was right in that people should go slow and enjoy it, not engage in a content rapefest.

Planning to take my time at 80 finishing up all the quests on Northrend and PVPing along the way.
I've been slow rolling it on a 24 mage and 20ish hunter. I started like the week before WoTLK opened, so I missed the boat big time. I'm just playing it super casually, and doing all the quests in certain areas, harvesting, fishing, etc. My brother has come back to WoW though, and is playing a new character on a live server, and he wants me to come join him. That's going to probably kill my WoTLK Classic game time completely. That and I am dabbling in Lord of the Rings Online right now as well.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
MMORPG's are meant to be as social as possible. The biggest driver of growth and retention is other people, I would venture to guess that factor is even more important than the actual game. Thing is with shit like GDKPs, Boosting, and other anti-social aspects really detract from that. The people who take the time to hop on discord and chat with the people they group with are going to enjoy the game far more than shut in who doesn't talk to anyone.

To that same end the pure autistic levels of some people can be a turn off to the whole thing, I was getting into leveling up and checking out the game again, I was chatting with Daid then got dragged into a pure sweaty guild meeting of autistic retardation and never logged in again.

Blizzard kind of shoots themselves in the foot with their community contract and the fact that there's a bunch of people who are willing to report you for the second you say something that makes them feel uncomfortable.

No banter allowed. In game chat channels are pretty dead unless you say something say something controversial. I usually ask "How does someone join the Republican party of Stormwind?" to get things started.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Blizzard kind of shoots themselves in the foot with their community contract and the fact that there's a bunch of people who are willing to report you for the second you say something that makes them feel uncomfortable.

No banter allowed. In game chat channels are pretty dead unless you say something say something controversial. I usually ask "How does someone join the Republican party of Stormwind?" to get things starte

I wouldn't interact with anyone outside of whatever guild or discord I was in for this very reason. Who knows when they might cancel your account for misgendering the Orc you are in a BG with. Everyone woke deserves a bullet.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

This is why I enjoyed leveling a ton of alts in classic. It was very social and interactive. Once you hit 60 no one gives a shit to be social and raid logs. And no one helps people do dungeon runs.

Im having that issue in EQ right now too. Granted smaller player base. But trying to EQ is pretty impossible. Couldnt even find a guild as a cleric on Vaniki.

• 1Truth!

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't interact with anyone outside of whatever guild or discord I was in for this very reason. Who knows when they might cancel your account for misgendering the Orc you are in a BG with. Everyone woke deserves a bullet.

Maybe it's a reddit culture thing where everyone is happy to downvote and ban.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe it's a reddit culture thing where everyone is happy to downvote and ban.
Its the modern internet. Its not enough that you ignore/block someone and never have to see them again, its that their very existence is an affront to your existence.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My guild was cool about a week. Now it’s like crickets. Jumped in discord. Same. I think people forgot how to shoot the shit. Or I’ve already alienated with my two tranny jokes.

They were light too. “Do you assume his gender?” and a “you can be a man too. Just fill out a form with HR and boom. Current year.”

probably a bunch of tranny lovers.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Yea I went balls deep the first weekend, but already feeling some burn out.

I came for the nostalgia, but it’s feeling more like deja vu on fast forward.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For some reason I’d forgotten most of wotlk questing despite having 3 max level back then. I’m still enjoying it.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Yea I went balls deep the first weekend, but already feeling some burn out.

I came for the nostalgia, but it’s feeling more like deja vu on fast forward.

People underestimate burning out. With how long the phases are, you don't really need to rush things unless you're deadset on gearing multiple characters in BiS.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yea our crew is half sweaty poop sockers racing to server firsts and BIS.

The other half are a bunch of old jaded has beens that talk a lot of shit and complain about everything being gay or retarded.

Guess which group I’m in? :trollface:

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
In my mind, all the sweaty tryhards are the ones that couldn't get anything done back in original and now is there time to shine 15 years later.