World of Warcraft: Classic

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Although was pretty impressive to see a full BWL clear with zero deaths

Yeah that's pretty damn impressive. Did they all have Ony cloaks or hide behind the throne for Nef?

It will be fun to see if they manage AQ40 and Naxx too.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It’s pretty hilarious to me that with all this phase 3 change shit coming out but still no official word on new SOM/Fresh/hardcore shit makes me think they have nothing at all for blizzcon and they’re saving it for that now, which the blizzard president has been teasing about coming in the next few weeks

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been semi tempted to try HC classic but I know damn good and well at some point I am dying and it won't be worth it. Although was pretty impressive to see a full BWL clear with zero deaths, they had to have BA people hearthstone out during Vael which is kind of cheap. Everyone is world buffed and flasked to the nuts for it, no shock there.

It would be cool if Bliz embraced this kind of shit and made a SOM season that was HC and simply transfered the character to another server when you die.

You don't need to actually delete the character if you don't want to, it just won't be flagged as HC anymore so it will be excluded from HC groups/raids.

Definitely give it a go if you're at all interested. Don't even worry about raids for now, raids are like the Olympics to a couch potato. It's something that might happen someday if you get good but for now, running an entire mile is a worthwhile goal. Game really starts at level 1 in HC, seeing how far you can get on nothing but your own skill is the fun. Leveling is not something you have to do to get to the "real game", in HC it is the game.

It does suck when you die but no heroism without fear and all that. It's like sports, you like when your team wins but if they never lose it wouldn't be any fun watching.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
This is the truth. HC makes you actually play the game with meaning from level 1, it makes you research mobs and their abilities, areas etc.

much as I was completely entranced my d2 hardcore, wow also has me completely hooked.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been semi tempted to try HC classic but I know damn good and well at some point I am dying and it won't be worth it. Although was pretty impressive to see a full BWL clear with zero deaths, they had to have BA people hearthstone out during Vael which is kind of cheap. Everyone is world buffed and flasked to the nuts for it, no shock there.

It would be cool if Bliz embraced this kind of shit and made a SOM season that was HC and simply transfered the character to another server when you die.
They should make you reappear as the mob who killed you, then you have one hours as this mob to kill anyone you want or get killed.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s pretty hilarious to me that with all this phase 3 change shit coming out but still no official word on new SOM/Fresh/hardcore shit makes me think they have nothing at all for blizzcon and they’re saving it for that now, which the blizzard president has been teasing about coming in the next few weeks

Need a new SOM or fresh start server. I really want to get in on the ground floor again and try something different.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown

Allegedly this or something similar to this will be announced on the 16th.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bored, never did Alliance before, I guess nows the time. Rolled a gay ass human warrior on a pve WOTLK server.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
SO I just learned that this PVE server is like 14K horde and 100 Ally LOOOOOL. There goes wasted 10 hours of my life. I was wondering why the fuck it felt so empty.

1683438308501.png

Checking the list, most of the servers are like this, 90% or more skewed to one side PvP and PvE. Why the fuck even roll on a PvP server if its like this?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PVP servers usually started out fairly balanced but end up swinging one way after a while. World PVP is just a distractor now that the metagame consists of levelling as fast as possible and trying for the best parse on warcraftlogs, so people optimize away from the losing faction.

If you want open world PVP you're ironically better off playing on a more balanced PVE server and picking a fight there.

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
SO I just learned that this PVE server is like 14K horde and 100 Ally LOOOOOL. There goes wasted 10 hours of my life. I was wondering why the fuck it felt so empty.

View attachment 472345

Checking the list, most of the servers are like this, 90% or more skewed to one side PvP and PvE. Why the fuck even roll on a PvP server if its like this?

How is that even possible, that large of a gap?

I haven't had time to game recently, but Hardcore made the game fun when I tried it. That said, I wouldn't recommend it. It's effectively an app built by the community, owned by a bunch of ego-driven children that built something they clearly have no idea how to operate. You will die due to a DC at some point and have days/weeks of progress lost as the appeals process is shit. If the game was more stable/reliable, and the system more integrated with enforcement/support, it could be good. Will be interesting to see what Blizzard announces from an official perspective coming up.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You have serious autism if you are playing hardcore lol.

Now, if you are enjoying streamer deaths in hardcore on youtube and shit. I can watch that all day.

• 3Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
real hardcore servers where you can group/buy shit on the ah etc would be fun
this current garbage is just bad

• 3Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They also need to do like POE, where all of your hard work just does not get deleted, but dumped off to some other server. Imagine spending a week play time or more and get deleted. Fuck that noise.

• 1Truth!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They also need to do like POE, where all of your hard work just does not get deleted, but dumped off to some other server. Imagine spending a week play time or more and get deleted. Fuck that noise.

This would be the best solution, although overtime everyone would end up on the dead server because nobody would want to throw away months of time due to one raid wipe. So really the best solution is the accept WoW was never made with HC in mind and enjoy the gimmick if that's what you're into.

Blizzard should spend zero dollars or effort on this, and should focus more on understanding why removing every offense, joke, dress, to appease SJW faggots makes for a stale and sterile world.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Game was already stale and sterile long before the woke bullshit started to seep in. WoW and other vertical-progression, themepark-style games rapidly go stale, it's unavoidable. HC is interesting because it's at odds with elements of the game's design that were thought to be set in stone, so it's just the right phenomenon to learn from and instruct any future attempts to rehydrate the dried-up husk that WoW has become.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Classic itself revitalized this game, along with the 2 expansions along the way for classic. Live was stale already for a long ass time. I tried playing it along the way a few times, but it never stuck for more than a week or two.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is why you dont play HC, loool. 40 levels and prob 4-5 days of his life GONE.

• 1Pathetic

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lot of misconceptions here. You don't need to actually delete the character, if you want you can keep playing non-hc or move it to another server, it'll just lose HC verification status so it's out for any HC events.

DC/griefing deaths can be appealed with video evidence and struck from the record. This is a manual review process which is why I expect Blizzard's implementation will be worse since they probably won't want to make that effort.

I wouldn't consider that time wasted in any case. I'm sure all of us have a bunch of characters with raid gear/achieves etc that we no longer play. Was that time wasted if you enjoyed playing?

• 2Like