World of Warcraft: Classic

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think this is classic+ being released incrementally from what they said, progressively raising the level cap with new content at each cap. We should find out more in a little bit at the classic panel, but I've seen a lot of people asking not just for more 60 content but stuff throughout the level range, and this seems like a decent way to go about that.

The problem with low level raids and mid game raids is the incentive to do them after the level cap is raised - why spend any amount of time doing those raids even once when the alternative is rushing to level cap to do end game raids. What's the incentive to get any loot from a lvl 25 raid when it's obsolete after a few levels?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
The problem with low level raids and mid game raids is the incentive to do them after the level cap is raised - why spend any amount of time doing those raids even once when the alternative is rushing to level cap to do end game raids. What's the incentive to get any loot from a lvl 25 raid when it's obsolete after a few levels?
that shit makes me think of EQ2's tier blocks, each with raids and epics...that you outlevel fast.

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
I think this is classic+ being released incrementally from what they said, progressively raising the level cap with new content at each cap. We should find out more in a little bit at the classic panel, but I've seen a lot of people asking not just for more 60 content but stuff throughout the level range, and this seems like a decent way to go about that.

With Mages tanking like warriors it really ceases to exist as the same product or a similar product though. It could be great, definitely. Not really a similar thing though.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The multi class thing is just a bandaid to help with groups struggling to find a healer or tank. It got bad in classic to find them without paying for it. Slow content release helps the gimmick be more smooth and be able to balance it as you level and keep players from rushing to the end and burning out.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>

Once the level cap raises, you wouldn't, and they wouldn't be designed to be.

Goonsquad Officer
you would want something like EQ2's aa points, which rewarded killing individual named monsters/dungeons/quests (one time each) rather than sheer grind, if you want people to do 'old tier' content. That's the only mmo i've ever seen where people sought out old tier content for any reason so hungrily. (aside from maybe select glam in FF14)

• 1Like

Animosity

What’s the incentive to run the normal dungeon after X level or loot. There isn’t any.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
After the cap raises, just give a ton of xp for running the lower level raids, that plus good gear to level easier is still a decent incentive.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
What’s the incentive to run the normal dungeon after X level or loot. There isn’t any.

levelling dungeons give good xp via clearing them and via multiple quests completed inside. They also give good loot. This warrants finding a group to clear them several times.

Let's see if the a low level raid sufficiently incentivises doing the raid over levelling normally

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Maybe to fuck around and have fun. There is zero reason to go full tism all the time.

Kanye West Shrug GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll definitely give it a shot, only 25 level cap means not too much time to get into the new stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I dunno about y'all but I'm down for some Catacylsm classic, getting to see Ragnaros's legs was a life changing experience

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dunno about y'all but I'm down for some Catacylsm classic, getting to see Ragnaros's legs was a life changing experience

I don't think I'll play Cata classic, but Firelands is an awesome raid.

• 1Like

Animosity

Confirmed new content in WoW Classic for unfinished areas and such. A reason to play now.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are they going to let the Voidwalker actually be the main tank now in Classic+?

Edit: Apparently not. Lame.

Last edited: