World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I think they said it will get weaker as you level so at 110 it won't be 44%

That's what I thought too but I can't find it now, just a translated interview quoted from MMOChamp that I can't find on MMOChamp.

edit: Finally able to login to beta and yeah you're right it does scale down. At level 105 it's 22%.

How long does the typical DDoS tantrum last?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Iirc, the DDOS under a diligent team shouldnt take more than 24 hours. They are able to decipher what traffic is from the DDOS and not and block said addresses. I guess it would just depend on how good the team is versus how good the DDOS is. The host for Project 1999 did a reports to their main website as that DDOS happened. Then Rogean moved hosts because the service was too expensive which is why he still experiences them from time to time. Thats all from memory anyways.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone know if they plan to keep time walking dungeons a thing? I'm wondering if it's worth saving tbc/wrath/cata gear still for that...

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't see why they would take them away. I mean it reuses all content without having to make new shit. I doubt Bliz wants to do away with that. They probably add more timewalking shit.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anybody in beta have thoughts about Balance druids? I have read various other forums and some claim its fine/ok and others claim it will never have a spot in mythic+ 5 mans because of the ramp up time. I am not sure who to believe.

Maybe I should just stick with Guardian/Resto for now and see how the DPS specs shake out.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Balance druids got rid of that horrendous Light/Dark sliding scale - so they have that going for them...

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Anybody in beta have thoughts about Balance druids? I have read various other forums and some claim its fine/ok and others claim it will never have a spot in mythic+ 5 mans because of the ramp up time. I am not sure who to believe.

Maybe I should just stick with Guardian/Resto for now and see how the DPS specs shake out.

They seem fine FWIW, not amazing but fine. Not sure why you're specifically hung up on mythic dungeons- but all the dot classes are going to be disadvantaged there. They're a builder spender class now with some cross dotting.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I just want to take a moment and say fuck Razorgore. Been wasting time getting battle pets and stuff and didn't manage to beat that encounter. Probably will with some more tries but jeez it is frustrating.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Click the mind control thing from the ground below the platform. Run Razorgore up to the platform with the mind control thing and run him into the wall all the way in the back. Let him sit there for two full mind control casts and do nothing other than dismiss him before it expires.

Dismissing him as a pet will cause any agro'd mobs to focus on you and if you do nothing through two full rotations the mobs reach spawn limit and can't spawn anymore. At that point you can run Razorgore around freely and kill eggs :)

To be safe, let the mobs all go away and despawn before killing Razorgore. Sometimes if you kill him to quick it bugs out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Not sure if it still works, haven't done it in a while, but while mind controlling if you had an instant-cast heal on a shift or ctrl keybind, you could target razorgore while you have him mind-controlled and heal him to get heal aggro and then MC again.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
They changed something in the Legion prepatch that makes it harder now, it used to be pretty easy if you just bandaged yourself for 1 tick to draw aggro between mind controls.

Click the mind control thing from the ground below the platform. Run Razorgore up to the platform with the mind control thing and run him into the wall all the way in the back. Let him sit there for two full mind control casts and do nothing other than dismiss him before it expires.

Dismissing him as a pet will cause any agro'd mobs to focus on you and if you do nothing through two full rotations the mobs reach spawn limit and can't spawn anymore. At that point you can run Razorgore around freely and kill eggs :)

To be safe, let the mobs all go away and despawn before killing Razorgore. Sometimes if you kill him to quick it bugs out.]

Just tried this out and it's legit as fuck. Keep him up in that nook and anytime somethings attacking him just dismiss him and click orb again. Finished with him at 80% hp and all the time in the world to break eggs.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol did a dungeon @ 65 with a prot warrior. All I could do is maybe shadowburn trash as a warlock. Otherwise the prot warrior did thunderclap + maybe one other thing and everything died. He was soloing bosses as everyone else loooted quest items and was locked out. Most hilarious thing I have seen, guy could of probably solod the dungeon.

Rime

<Donor>
I hope these DDoS peddlers do not do this on the 29th/30th. That would suck. Expansion launches are rough enough as it is.

EDIT: Hope you guys interested in collecting transmog gear got in on the whole refund trick that used to work. If you try it now, reselling the items awards 1 copper if you try the trick.

Last edited:

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Pretty much guaranteed someone is going to DDoS the launch. They did the same during WoD launch. I may just sit out launch day and start the next day. Sitting at login screen mad I can't play, quests not completing because of lag, etc, getting too old for that shit.

xzi

Mouthbreather
They handled WoD launch pretty well in terms of their servers getting hammered imo. I mean, of course there was long queue times but I don't remember much lag other than a couple of minutes here and there, and I was playing on a full pop realm at the time.

Hoping it goes decently smooth again :<

Malkav

French Madman
They handled WoD launch pretty well in terms of their servers getting hammered imo. I mean, of course there was long queue times but I don't remember much lag other than a couple of minutes here and there, and I was playing on a full pop realm at the time.

Hoping it goes decently smooth again :<

Garrison instance was broke as fuck on a regular basis for days at release though.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Yeah garrison was broke as fuck on Lightbringer on launch night. There was a bottleneck with clicking some flag that only one person at a time could do, once you got past that it phased like 200 of us all into the same garrison and no one could do anything, laggy as fuck, and they were getting DDoS at the time also

BrysB

Trakanon Raider
So I was thinking about MM/BM Hunter vs Fire Mage

This is exactly what I'm thinking as well. I played a rogue mostly for all of WoW and I want to do range. I barely played for MoP and WoD, and my main was Blood DK... still grinding out the tanaan reps on him.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is exactly what I'm thinking as well. I played a rogue mostly for all of WoW and I want to do range. I barely played for MoP and WoD, and my main was Blood DK... still grinding out the tanaan reps on him.
So I watched a few raid videos that were posted after pre-patch, so with all the new abilities and stuff, and the way I see it is Hunter is just less spammy than Fire mage. I kept seeing times when the Hunter wasn't doing anything at all, but it was a Mythic raider. So at first I was like who is this fucking derp, but then I read icy-veins rotation info, and Hunters want to stay above 90 focus, but not maxed out, so they don't waste focus ticks. Has to do with always being able to use your Beastial Wrath, and other cool downs when they pop and never have to wait for focus to regen. So inevitable there are times that you just sit and do nothing as you are waiting for focus to regen back...

Compare that to Fire mages. Non-stop casting the entire fights. Weaving in Scorch or popping Ice Flow if you have to move, setting up Rune of Powers, with Combustion. I didn't notice that many Pyro pops, but it's not like the player let them chill up on screen very long before popping them. Was putting out 120k DPS on multiple different raid boss mobs that I watched.

So it comes down to what do you like to do... have a less frantic rotation, that still flows well but there really isn't downtime, or a rotation that has downtime, but requires you to be a little more precise about when you use abilities. :)

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Anyone know if they plan to keep time walking dungeons a thing? I'm wondering if it's worth saving tbc/wrath/cata gear still for that...
I'm pretty sure I saw a BC time walking event in the in game calendar scheduled for a few weeks after the expansion release, there are also legion dungeon events on the schedule already so it appears to be updated.