World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure I saw a BC time walking event in the in game calendar scheduled for a few weeks after the expansion release, there are also legion dungeon events on the schedule already so it appears to be updated.
From what I understand, the weekly events will be put on hold (probably to update ilevel rewards/loot) for a while after launch and then be resumed. I haven't seen a hard date on when they will start again. Obviously the apexis and Draenor dungeon events will need to be replaced with Legion events too.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
From what I understand, the weekly events will be put on hold (probably to update ilevel rewards/loot) for a while after launch and then be resumed. I haven't seen a hard date on when they will start again. Obviously the apexis and Draenor dungeon events will need to be replaced with Legion events too.
I just asked a friend to check it for me, in game (in europe at least, not sure if its differs by zone) there are scheduled two more events before the expansion: an apexis shard event and a draenor dungeon event.
Then the events restart in october with world quest, timewalking (BC I think), bg event, legion dungeon then pet battle and so on.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't believe the calendar for anything post-launch. They completely changed it up and added the 3 TW events in a row a few weeks ago. I don't know what events they replaced, but I remember only seeing WotLK TW and trying to decide if I could get the marks to get the mount before Legion.

tl;dr: The calendar is not a reliable source for weekly events right now.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Sure, I get that, but they did go to the trouble of adding the new events so I think that, at least, it stands to help the original point that time walking events most likely aren't going anywhere.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Garrison instance was broke as fuck on a regular basis for days at release though.
This is going to be the real make or break for launch on legion too. Dalaran is a major initial hub where pretty much all the artifact stuff starts at so everybody and their dog is going to be there right off the bat. If the instance servers handle that and get people past it and out into the various zones they are probably okay. But it could easily be a real nightmare if the instance servers die on them like they were in beta.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Cool, I'll continue collecting old sets then. Gives me more to do while transmog farming!
If you're just collecting appearances then nothing has changed, but they disabled all pre-WoD set bonuses with the pre-patch. I did chuckle when I saw that some set bonuses snuck through the filter (Postman's set from Strath, Rogue Legendary daggers, etc).

Brikker

Trump's Staff
If you're just collecting appearances then nothing has changed, but they disabled all pre-WoD set bonuses with the pre-patch. I did chuckle when I saw that some set bonuses snuck through the filter (Postman's set from Strath, Rogue Legendary daggers, etc).

Transmogs but also actual gear. Started the legendary 2h for wotlk and collecting the highest ilvl gear I can find for my fury warr from each era.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I haven't dug into it too much, but before the prepatch I think the best armors were the ones with 2 or more gem slots and the best weapons were either legendary weapons or the proc weapons from Deathwing. I'm sure someone on reddit has min/max'd it to death and has a much more informed and updated opinion though.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
May want to check just how many people are logged in here to the site at the bottom of your page, then head over to the other one, so you can actually have the same community to speak with before MMORPG.COM shuts this down and turns it into a shill site.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Click the mind control thing from the ground below the platform. Run Razorgore up to the platform with the mind control thing and run him into the wall all the way in the back. Let him sit there for two full mind control casts and do nothing other than dismiss him before it expires.

Dismissing him as a pet will cause any agro'd mobs to focus on you and if you do nothing through two full rotations the mobs reach spawn limit and can't spawn anymore. At that point you can run Razorgore around freely and kill eggs :)

To be safe, let the mobs all go away and despawn before killing Razorgore. Sometimes if you kill him to quick it bugs out.

Thanks for the suggestion, going to give that try when I do my next raid round.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
They seem fine FWIW, not amazing but fine. Not sure why you're specifically hung up on mythic dungeons- but all the dot classes are going to be disadvantaged there. They're a builder spender class now with some cross dotting.

It isn't so much that I am hung up on mythic+ dungeons it is that I intend on playing them enough that I don't want to disadvantage my groups. It wouldn't take many changes, astral power generation or reducing astral power needed for starfall, to decrease the ramp up time of the spec. You are right though, dot classes will most likely always be on the lower side vs all of the classes that have instant area skills/spells in mythic+ dungeons.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If anyone is interested in raiding with the horde hyjal boys (cross realm is fine), I put a sign-up spread sheet in the stickied thread.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Thanks for the suggestion, going to give that try when I do my next raid round.

Hrm, I'm trying this but it isn't working. I run him into the back wall and do nothing but mobs still aggro on to him, and releasing him doesn't cause the mobs to stop attacking him.

*edit meh nm, guess leaving eggs on the platform screwed it up

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So since set bonus items prior to WoD are no longer active I wonder if that is going to make some of the WoD, Legion sets best for timewalking over the gem slots.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So since set bonus items prior to WoD are no longer active I wonder if that is going to make some of the WoD, Legion sets best for timewalking over the gem slots.
Maybe in a case by case basis, but I would think +10 main stat gems would beat the vast majority of set bonuses. Min/maxing the time walking dungeons is about like perfecting your bowling technique when you only play with gutter guards though...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure what happened with the old site, but I have FOMO.

On WoW shit, I was looking at profession items, are they really weak this expansion? They also look really expensive to upgrade.

I believe this is the break down

830+ Heroic Dungeon
835+ World Quests (Dungeon WQ 840+)
835+ LFR
840+ Mythic 0
845+ Mythic+ Keystone Chests(?)
850 Craftables
850+ Normal Raids
860 World Bosses
865+ Heroic Raids
880+ Mythic Raids
895 Legendaries

Looks like profession items become completely irrelevant by normal raids and first levels of mythic+, throw in some Titanforged if the RNG gods come on you. I guess on the lower end it may help casual players beat normal easier, all I remember is WoD craftables being used all the way into heroic, I know I didn't replace some craftables until mythic since you could pick your best stats.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Craftables in Wod started at 630 for blues (and maybe purps?) and allowed you to upgrade them.

I didn't use any past highmaul