World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Sigh. Guess I won't be taking a couple days off for launch after all. There's no way whoever is doing this now won't do it again on Aug 30.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would be nice if you roll a TitanForge on crafting. This could include everything from food/flask/pots giving a little bit higher stats, gems giving more +insert stat, and then the obvious armor/weapons rolling titanforge crafted.

Would definitely bring some new economy back to crafting.

I would say you would have to make it an even lower percentage. Else, if its even the least bit common you would run into never getting regular items sold.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
After playing frost on the mage all those years, I cant get comfortable playing fire. The rotation seems clunky. I just need more practice. I didn't play much in WoD so I don't have any trinkets or set gear. How much crit should I have for it to outparse frost? It's definitely a learn to play thing on my part.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Fire is a bit clunky on live because of no artifact ability yet (3 charge, 45s recharge, guaranteed crit, does nice damage and a splash aoe). Weaving that in with fire blast and combustion and you get crits for days and tons of pyro procs. Almost seems like it would be better to have low crit because of all the guaranteed crit abilities you get and stack those stats into haste or mastery instead, but it's not something to worry about I'm sure it will get mathed out soon enough.

I'm a stubborn bastard and wanted to hold out for frost because I've played it forever but fire is just more mobile, more damage, and way more fun right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't mind a majority of the changes but I sort of feel like they jumped the gun on releasing the new specs without artifacts being out yet. It's kinda goofy. Still completely playable of course but eh

khorum

Murder Apologist
I haven't logged into beta since I've been on the road. Have they mentioned when they're shutting it down?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fire is a bit clunky on live because of no artifact ability yet (3 charge, 45s recharge, guaranteed crit, does nice damage and a splash aoe). Weaving that in with fire blast and combustion and you get crits for days and tons of pyro procs. Almost seems like it would be better to have low crit because of all the guaranteed crit abilities you get and stack those stats into haste or mastery instead, but it's not something to worry about I'm sure it will get mathed out soon enough.

I'm a stubborn bastard and wanted to hold out for frost because I've played it forever but fire is just more mobile, more damage, and way more fun right now.

In my playing around on beta I am kinda curious about this as well. With all the guaranteed crit stuff I am not sure how high of a priority crit even is any more for fire. You get two charges of that ability that if you get one crit you can force the second instantly to pyroblast and then the artifact adds more. Even with my shitty beta gear I was not having any trouble rocking many pryroblasts.

Malkav

French Madman
In my playing around on beta I am kinda curious about this as well. With all the guaranteed crit stuff I am not sure how high of a priority crit even is any more for fire. You get two charges of that ability that if you get one crit you can force the second instantly to pyroblast and then the artifact adds more. Even with my shitty beta gear I was not having any trouble rocking many pryroblasts.

Yeah they tried as much as possible to correct the whole issue with fury warr and fire mages being sucky at the begining of the expansion cycle because of low crit.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Someone negged me over on the old forum for saying Ret Pallys aren't in a great place right now DPS wise and while I normally hate complaining about negs I just want to tell this person that they're dumb.

All is forgiven in our new ReRe world though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have not played ret paladins yet in the beta but from everything I have heard they are not in a great place at the moment. Prot and holy though seem really fun so may be a case of swapping to alt spec until they fix ret.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I kind of hope the dev who added motorcycle sounds to the game gets super aids. This is how every mailbox, AH, and anything not your garrison feels like in WoW.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really wish games would go a little bit more out of their way toward adding things like "Ignore sound" "ignore pings" etc. etc. I feel you about the motorcycles, the shit is ridiculous.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You want to know annoying as far as sound issues go? Play BM hunter. Fucking silly.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I hate the motorcycles and their sounds too. On the flip side, I just logged in to my shaman for the first time since before the pre-patch and played around with elemental - the new sound for lightning bolt (a stormy thunderclap basically) is so fucking badass and makes me want to play it more just for the sound effect alone.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Have they put a method in game to earn gear for another spec than what you are currently using? For example, queuing as a healer but because you have all of the healing gear already you want to opt into dps gear.

Malkav

French Madman
Have they put a method in game to earn gear for another spec than what you are currently using? For example, queuing as a healer but because you have all of the healing gear already you want to opt into dps gear.
You can chose your loot spec now.

• 1Like