World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I remember classic and BC raids with people looking absolutely clownish. I for one am thankful they finally got 100% behind it.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly with the new transmog wardrobe system stuff like this is a lot neater. It does not take up any bag space super easy to do and can be applied to any future alts.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Always good to have more options. A lot of the time you get tiers of armor or weapons you hate the look of. So it's much better to have the ability to go back and change into something you actually like.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Always good to have more options. A lot of the time you get tiers of armor or weapons you hate the look of. So it's much better to have the ability to go back and change into something you actually like.
Guess that's the difference. People talk about hating the look of something, or I watched a video recently where he wasn't going to play a certain class because he hated the combat animations. Wtf? I don't pay attention to any of that and actually enjoy the look of that Orc. But that's probably old school EQ talking where you could identify how bad ass someone was by how they looked.

DavivMcD

Peasant
If you don't quite understand collecting transmog sets, it's possible you never played a paladin:

Uxwz5Mn_zpspr36u9sy.jpg
3165110-1442599834_zpssbfnkwy4.jpg

paladin_tier_2_judgement_set_by_peetietang_zpsp2iucz9z.jpg

Imagine wearing that naturally in Vanilla, then getting 10 straight years and 16 tiers of sets ranging from 'meh' to outright disgusting.

Uxwz5Mn_zpspr36u9sy.jpg

3165110-1442599834_zpssbfnkwy4.jpg

paladin_tier_2_judgement_set_by_peetietang_zpsp2iucz9z.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

A lot of the darker themed, more serious stuff in Blizzard games "period" has been tuned out and done away. I dont know if it was because they think it doesnt fit the theme of WoW - but sometimes I hate seeing armor sets in other games that are just fantastic and WoW is still putting out gear that reminds me of that abortion of item design that was in AQ.
146171-conquerors-battlegear-aq40-warrior-set-on-a-tauren-male-with-matching-gloves-off.jpg

146171-conquerors-battlegear-aq40-warrior-set-on-a-tauren-male-with-matching-gloves-off.jpg

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I liked a lot of the Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath armor. Not so much anything past that outside some DK stuff in MoP. I've go no idea what the new stuff looks like, I'm sure the DH stuff will all be a hot mess and I'll be spending more time scrubbing through generic leather drops on WoWhead from past expansions again.

Daidraco

You dont have to look on WoWhead anymore. You can build an entire set within the Transmog window, whether you have it or not. You can view it on the character with other pieces you have selected and find the drop location by hovering over the item. Very simplified.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I remember when Warrior Tier 2 was first introduced and I thought it looked like a rhino fucked a trash can. It has grown on me over the last many fucking years but it is true wow armor ranges from pretty cool to absolute trashfire.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
You dont have to look on WoWhead anymore. You can build an entire set within the Transmog window, whether you have it or not. You can view it on the character with other pieces you have selected and find the drop location by hovering over the item. Very simplified.

Well, I had poked around in the collections tab last night but I had not figured that out, thanks!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guess that's the difference. People talk about hating the look of something, or I watched a video recently where he wasn't going to play a certain class because he hated the combat animations. Wtf? I don't pay attention to any of that and actually enjoy the look of that Orc. But that's probably old school EQ talking where you could identify how bad ass someone was by how they looked.

You enjoy that clown Orc? Are you in a circus or have some circus fetish? Maybe colorblind? Trying really hard to stick to "whatever floats your boat" but that picture was just awful.

Crone

You enjoy that clown Orc? Are you in a circus or have some circus fetish? Maybe colorblind? Trying really hard to stick to "whatever floats your boat" but that picture was just awful.
Lol.. Seriously, it doesn't both me in the least. I loved it, and not just trying to troll or nothing. No fetishes! I also like the Paladin Tier set of course, but that Orc just looks goofy and makes me laugh.

I think I've decided on a Shaman bros! Gotta level it up now!

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Is the invasion as 'good' as the naxx one? Or was that not on beta?

they tested the invasions on PTR for a bit. Basically 2-3 icons on the 2 main continents and you defeat waves of demons until a boss spawns. Then collect some currency and loots. The bosses were hilariously overtuned when i tried them out so it was lol zerg. Also didn't help that dinguses were attacking it from the top of buildings in tanaris and making it evade all the time.

Crone

Rejoice! Sort of...

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748204616?page=8#147

TL;DR: Blizzard is raising the zoom limit to halfway between what it used to be and what it is now.
Was there ever any blue post about the removal of the ActionCam?

The way that the above post keeps talking about physical discomfort, really is bullshit, when the real reason is, and they said as much, raiders zooming all the way out to trivialize boss fights. lol

Action Cam was pretty legit, and sad to see it go.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Was there ever any blue post about the removal of the ActionCam?

The way that the above post keeps talking about physical discomfort, really is bullshit, when the real reason is, and they said as much, raiders zooming all the way out to trivialize boss fights. lol

Action Cam was pretty legit, and sad to see it go.

They disabled Action Cam because of like you said, people complaining about being seasick or whatever. They said they have plans to fix it and bring it back.

Crone

They disabled Action Cam because of like you said, people complaining about being seasick or whatever. They said they have plans to fix it and bring it back.
Oh that's good. Not sure what needed fixing about it, but okies. It was a little weird at times I guess, so maybe that's what they are fixing. I attributed the weirdness to being so used to the regular camera, and so sometimes it would do weird things, or it just felt weird trying to raid or do dungeons so zoomed in. I'm one of those guys that typically plays zoomed out as far as I can, so to get in close and take advantage of the coolness of Action Cam was a little odd, but still fun, and absolutely fantastic for leveling.