World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dis

Confirmed Male
A fully equipped toon in PvP gear usually screams, I dont know raid mechanics. As the raid lead for our herioc raid team, I direct folks that ask to join us to start with normal, get some set gear, learn mechanics, because we dont explain fights (very briefly if at all). I have grouped with people in full PvP gear in mythic dungeons, and while it is not the greatest experience in the world, it is definitely doable. Normally they just play badly, has nothing to do with gear. I have also played with folks in PvP gear that play very well (usually DPS, putting out good DPS number in SKADA). But that is more rare than common. Either way, as a tank, I could care less if you are in PvP gear in mythic dungeons, now I will drop if i see a newly boosted toon in full boosted gear, because fuck that noise.

Edit: If I see a DH in full PvP gear in a mythic dungeon, I will just assume he knows what he is doing. I full expect Mythic groups going forward to be Tank/Healer/DH/DH/DH.

meStevo - No idea, I wouldnt think so though. But with Blizz you never know.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ao- , I'm grinding my fishing up and would love to exploit the fishing raid! Help me out!! :)

Dis

Confirmed Male
Everyone seems to be shitting on DH tanks. If they are truly that bad, Mythics are going to be painful with a DH tank. I will level my DH to 100 today, then park him until I am done with my Druid main (bear). By then I figure they will be done messing with the class, and I can decide whether or not to level him up for an alt DPS or just level up another one of my level 100 DPS classes.

khorum

Murder Apologist
That bar can get real fucking low. The good DH tanks I've seen were crazy good though, coming close to half my total heals as holy. I dunno what the rest are doing wrong.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That bar can get real fucking low tho. The good DH tanks I've seen were crazy good though, coming close to half my total heals as holy. I dunno what the rest are doing wrong.
Yeah and I feel like I am a pretty solid tank, been doing it since vanilla. I feel like I need to give it a solid shot. I feel like it's a high skill ceiling class

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It's WoW. DH tanks will be fine. It will be 99% of the individuals playing them that will be bad, just like any other class/spec.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
That bar can get real fucking low. The good DH tanks I've seen were crazy good though, coming close to half my total heals as holy. I dunno what the rest are doing wrong.

They may be really coming together in the self healing category once they have all the fire dmg leeching talents on their artifact.

Aside from that, Demon Spike is really not that complicated to use, and you just have to generate as much souls as possible to use them with soul cleave.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
DH tanks will also be pretty gimp with only a limited number of talents available to them since they get most of them at 100+, so until Legion launches i wouldn't judge their tanking ability in hfc.

edit: for clarity

khorum

Murder Apologist
DH tanks will also be pretty gimp with only a limited number of talents available to them since they get most of them at 100+, so until Legion launches i wouldn't judge their tanking ability in hfc.

edit: for clarity

I meant in beta. There's this one Russian DH tank I've run a few mythic4s with and he's pretty fucking boss. LOTS of self heals so if that's like one artifact track, I'm guessing they would all be going that way shortly.

There are a few fights where their mobility is critical on mythic+ too, like the stupid light mini game in VoW.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is pretty much going to be the tough hurdle for DH until release is lack of all their talents. They will be fine for tanking normal dungeons/timewalking stuff and lfr but I am not sure I would really want to try tanking heroic+ raids with only two of my talents and lacking the artifact they are kinda built around.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Any future druid players out there, what's the way will you guys plan on level up? I'm either thinking guardian or going feral with guardian affinty for faster killing along with some survivability. I don't want to dungeon spam cause I can miss out alot of artifacts points from what i read.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Are we going to be top heavy on tanks? I'd like to tank a bit this time around. I tanked on alts in WOTLK. But have mained heals in every MMO I have every played.

All I've read that seems accurate is that tanks are more dependent on the heals and can't manage situations all on their own like they have in the past. Should make pugs a littler shittier than normal I guess.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any future druid players out there, what's the way will you guys plan on level up? I'm either thinking guardian or going feral with guardian affinty for faster killing along with some survivability. I don't want to dungeon spam cause I can miss out alot of artifacts points from what i read.
For guardian I would either do feral if you want some faster killing times soloing or more likely resto affinity for juggernaut mode. The heal is a percent max HP heal that goes off every few seconds given that bear tanks are some of the highest end HP tanks this makes your solo hunting totally lulz. You may not kill as fast on one target but you can mow down 3-4 mobs in the about the same time you would do one and do it totally safely.

Pretty much personal preference but both options work well for bears.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shit's back up online already? I'm logged in making my DH? Didn't realize they were race restricted to just Blood Elves, but that's cool. Sexy AF!

Incoming 4 billion variations of Illidan? lol...

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Everyone seems to be shitting on DH tanks. If they are truly that bad, Mythics are going to be painful with a DH tank. I will level my DH to 100 today, then park him until I am done with my Druid main (bear). By then I figure they will be done messing with the class, and I can decide whether or not to level him up for an alt DPS or just level up another one of my level 100 DPS classes.

DH tanks are very bad for mythic raiding, that's why they're being shit on. The problem with DH is that their tanking ability is cooldown and RNG based, so when the big cooldowns are exhausted they're really squishy. Their main form of active mitigation gives 20% parry, which means that eventually they'll get a string of bad luck hits and get smeared.

In Mythic+ 5-mans, however, this isn't a problem. First of all, when you're tanking 10 mobs instead of 1, avoidance becomes a very reliable method of avoiding damage. Second, you get time to recharge your cooldowns between pulls. Third, they have really high DPS, which is much bigger deal in a 5-man than it is in a 20-man.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
This going away w/ the expansion or anything?

I don't think it will be removed, I just think that people will do something else since it's a major fucking timesink. I'll be back at it once I figure out the new fishing in Legion.

Ao- , I'm grinding my fishing up and would love to exploit the fishing raid! Help me out!! :)

My gold results weren't nearly that good, but I'll let you in once I get one setup. I'm sure I'll fuck around with a DH soon.

Shit's back up online already? I'm logged in making my DH? Didn't realize they were race restricted to just Blood Elves, but that's cool. Sexy AF!

Incoming 4 billion variations of Illidan? lol...
Damn it! I wanted to be home before it was done. Gotta leave work now.

BE = Superior race.

xzi

Mouthbreather
So many customization options for DH. DELICIOUS.

I was gonna go just heal and sell instaqueues but I can't resist the DH.