World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you mean the shattered isle intro scenario then yes. Here is what they look like if you are curious.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
the bow is probably the worst fucking model ever created.. how do these people keep their fucking jobs?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
the bow is probably the worst fucking model ever created.. how do these people keep their fucking jobs?

Yeah. There some good models there, except the bow. It boggles the mind that this model was greenlit for the event. As a random quest reward? Meh ok. But as an event reward, uh?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah. There some good models there, except the bow. It boggles the mind that this model was greenlit for the event. As a random quest reward? Meh ok. But as an event reward, uh?

Oh god I am so with you there. It is probably the most hideous bow model in the game I have no idea at all how that got approved. All the other event models are nice vaguely fel'ish looking weapons but the bow is like herp derp lets use a bent rusty lead pipe cause that shit is LEET.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
In beta I was there when they first turned on the invasions and a hunter got that bow pretty early. Promptly linked it in trade going What the shit is this!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody was laughing it is just god awful terrible. All the rest of the weapons seem fine some are a bit plain but most are pretty nice weapon models but that bow /facepalm.

• 1Like
I'm kinda sad this forum is dead, yet again. But the new forum software is a lot better and most of the big threads and a lot of people have already migrated over.
frown.png
frown.png
frown.png

Brikker

Trump's Staff
There's a pre-patch questline that takes you there. You should also camp out there for legion launch, since that's where you start the Legion content, with moving from old dalaran to new.

Camping in the zone that EVERYONE will be trying to get to the night before launch of an expac will probably mean an unavailable character for a day+ :p

If you're just playing the DK experience now, that shit has been fleshed out for a long time.

If you rolled a DK at release you laughed at how incredibly stupid OP they were for levelling and for dungeons. I remember queueing for TBC dungeons and doing like 300% the DPS of the rest of the group combined

Shit, it's still like that, even now with the Legion changes. Leveling and still at 100, Blood DK tends to out-damage most other people. Blood Boil was made OP as fuck.

I looked and I've got the 31st of August off of work (and 1-2 more days after that). 31st for me is night of 30th for the U.S...fuck, I'm going to actually have to be frustrated with everyone else that I can't get on cause shit keeps crashing/lagging out. Probably be DDoS attacks too.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Only took 5 years of having Archaelogy on every character.. but I finally got it. It's over.

nQN5lRE.png

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Only took 5 years of having Archaelogy on every character.. but I finally got it. It's over.
I remember planning expansion-launch pre-raid gearing with that Sword in mind... boy was that a mistake.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
That is what I thought as I was not seeing it last night where I was getting it in beta.
Yeah, it should launch when legion officially launches on 8/30. Right now it's the invasion "arc", with the build up and etc.

Given we saw the Illidan Harbinger movie during the intro. I'm guessing we'll see the Khadger on during the point of getting Dalaran from Northrend (without the central structure) to Karazhan (where it will have the structure) to the Broken Isles (where the class hall portals are established). I wonder if we see the Gul'dan one sometime?

Also, I didn't realize the Alliance-side Broken Isles Assault quest has ALL of the old Legion bosses in it. It's fucking hilarious to see them jawjack.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
In beta I was there when they first turned on the invasions and a hunter got that bow pretty early. Promptly linked it in trade going What the shit is this!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody was laughing it is just god awful terrible. All the rest of the weapons seem fine some are a bit plain but most are pretty nice weapon models but that bow /facepalm.

What is amazing to me is there was some artist who spent time designing that.. presented it to a team of other assholes and they were like yeah that's solid work bro.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Weapons and gear are totally meaningless, meaning that by yhe time you are 2 hours into the expansions zones, you will be past 700 in all slots and the weapon is the first thing you get.
The artifact quest scales with your item level, if you do it at 680ish is a lot easier than at 720+.

DH are fun alts, unless you are a big fan of the class itself, I wouldn't aim at playing Havoc as a main. Vengeance is better, has interesting skills and talents and offers decent mobility with very good self healing, which makes it an extremely appealing choice for me (I solo a lot).
Their tankiness is arguably mediocre now, but I'm not sure if it's because they are undertuned or some are overtuned as fuck.
If they had a healing tree I may have picked the class as a main, because I really dig Vengeance, but I love healing way too much.

I may end up playing it as "main alt", if that makes sense when said by an incurable altoholic

Admittely WW monk is quite fun now and the new Mistweaver is not as fun as before, but playing with Rising Thunder allows me to juggle a lot of special effects, which is a sort of minigame by itself. Sadly Brewmaster is beyond redemption, they may end up patching something back in.

Oh well, a starting lineup of 5 classes is acceptable, no?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Weapons and gear are totally meaningless, meaning that by yhe time you are 2 hours into the expansions zones, you will be past 700 in all slots and the weapon is the first thing you get.
The artifact quest scales with your item level, if you do it at 680ish is a lot easier than at 720+.

DH are fun alts, unless you are a big fan of the class itself, I wouldn't aim at playing Havoc as a main. Vengeance is better, has interesting skills and talents and offers decent mobility with very good self healing, which makes it an extremely appealing choice for me (I solo a lot).
Their tankiness is arguably mediocre now, but I'm not sure if it's because they are undertuned or some are overtuned as fuck.
If they had a healing tree I may have picked the class as a main, because I really dig Vengeance, but I love healing way too much.

I may end up playing it as "main alt", if that makes sense when said by an incurable altoholic

Admittely WW monk is quite fun now and the new Mistweaver is not as fun as before, but playing with Rising Thunder allows me to juggle a lot of special effects, which is a sort of minigame by itself. Sadly Brewmaster is beyond redemption, they may end up patching something back in.

Oh well, a starting lineup of 5 classes is acceptable, no?
Lol... you sound like me...

Warlock, Mage, Hunter, Shaman (because healing is fun, and having that healing off-spec is so appealing), DK, Rogue? How can anyone cut down on them?

As much as I gripe about not being able to choose a main, which I'm not sure I have done even yet, I'm still having a lot of fun just choosing what class I'm going to play at any given moment. Level my Mage a bit, or switch to Warlock and work on Draenor flying achievement for a bit, then switch to Shaman, and level them up a bit, or DK, etc. Making gains, just spread out all over the place. Not ideal, but it works for me.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Monk and Druid are all I'm playing for as long as I play this expansion.

I keep it easy as I like to hunt for achievements and shit.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Havoc looks fun (and the animations while doing the rotation are flashy as all shit son), but I have 20 days to mess around on this DH and decide whether or not to just bring my DK over or go pistol (lol?) outlaw rogue or shadow priest.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Also, I didn't realize the Alliance-side Broken Isles Assault quest has ALL of the old Legion bosses in it. It's fucking hilarious to see them jawjack.

They're hanging out in the Broken Shore in Legion as well. You can glide down there from Dalaran on Beta but it's packed with 10-40mil HP elite mobs, lots of terrain bugs and holes in the world, and it also has an unfinished quest hub and a flight path. I'm guessing it will end up being the Tanaan of Legion in a future patch.

Brikker

Trump's Staff

nQN5lRE.png

Think I got every Archaeology thing within a week during whatever expac I actually cared to raise it and do it (maybe MoP?). I guess I was lucky??? Although I seem to have lost all the BoA shit from it; are those gainable again if I did Archy on another character?

Lol... you sound like me...

Warlock, Mage, Hunter, Shaman (because healing is fun, and having that healing off-spec is so appealing), DK, Rogue? How can anyone cut down on them?

As much as I gripe about not being able to choose a main, which I'm not sure I have done even yet, I'm still having a lot of fun just choosing what class I'm going to play at any given moment. Level my Mage a bit, or switch to Warlock and work on Draenor flying achievement for a bit, then switch to Shaman, and level them up a bit, or DK, etc. Making gains, just spread out all over the place. Not ideal, but it works for me.

I'm like this to an extent. I've got Horde/Alliance chars spread out between ~4 different servers now; I get an urge to play certain classes or playstyles and play those but I've managed to lock down a "Main" that I will do more on, ex. achievements or heavy transmog farming. For me that's my dwarf Fury Warr who I find to be a ton of fun. But, I've also got a druid, warlock, and will have a mage (boosted). Plus, the orc shaman I'm going to level for the FoH Hyjal guild. That doesn't even count the ~16 characters and 4 or 5 level 100's on the other servers...

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm like this to an extent. I've got Horde/Alliance chars spread out between ~4 different servers now; I get an urge to play certain classes or playstyles and play those but I've managed to lock down a "Main" that I will do more on, ex. achievements or heavy transmog farming. For me that's my dwarf Fury Warr who I find to be a ton of fun. But, I've also got a druid, warlock, and will have a mage (boosted). Plus, the orc shaman I'm going to level for the FoH Hyjal guild. That doesn't even count the ~16 characters and 4 or 5 level 100's on the other servers...
I think we have very similar play times due to our schedules. We should like totally go out or something! <3 Call me maybe?

• 1Like