World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Depending on how successful things go with Legion I wouldn't be surprised if they did just that. That being said it does work well in games like Fallout and Skyrim. It is a little different in MMO's where other players of various levels are around.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So crafted rings and necks from Inscription and Alchemy are going to be ilvl 850? Going to be insane price on those as that's going to be the easiest way to get those slots....

Grats on anyone that has those professions, you'll probably make bank when Legion drops.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Wait, what's Jewelcrafting going to make if Inscription and Alchemy are making jewelery?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That excel sheet is just badly written. Thats JC. Those rings and neck also start at 815 and you upgrade them with Obliterum or something up to 850. At least thats what I gathered from delving more into the upgrade material crafters get access to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Since I have am running out of things to do before the expansion, I figure I will level my Warrior from 90 to 100. Should I level as prot even if I don't intend on queuing for 5 mans? I will most likely go from questing to invasions. My only concern with invasions as prot is I won't be able to kill something fast enough before somebody else tags my target. As prot though I could pull more mobs at once.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
The problem with invasions is they apply a raid experience penalty which takes most of it. In beta it isn't being applied, so the exp doesn't suck.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
After all the setup in the pre-patch and the Hearthstone expansion I had a feeling we were going to have some refreshed Karazhan content. Good to know they are committing to preventing any more content droughts, although honestly we have heard that song before.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'll be really sad if they nerf flame wreath :(

I'm so glad they're bringing karazhan back, that place was home 3+ times a week for the entirety of TBC.. i don't know how we did it so much but we did!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Oh, you have to be 100 to spend nethershards on anything other than the bat. And you can't use the appearance items until 98.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Solo a mob in Westfall with my mid 90s Shaman = 8900 exp. Have one other person hit said mob once and I get 283 exp... So the most advantageous way to play this pre-patch MMO content is to be completely isolated.

Noble intentions, terrible execution.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since I have am running out of things to do before the expansion, I figure I will level my Warrior from 90 to 100. Should I level as prot even if I don't intend on queuing for 5 mans? I will most likely go from questing to invasions. My only concern with invasions as prot is I won't be able to kill something fast enough before somebody else tags my target. As prot though I could pull more mobs at once.

Prot/fury/arms all work super for soloing these days. Prot in theory is a hair slower but as you say you can pull 2-3 more mobs at a time than arms/fury can get away with so probably works out pretty much the same. Prot is stupidly safe with their new ignore pain mechanics. Do what you enjoy all three specs are in pretty good shape currently.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Solo a mob in Westfall with my mid 90s Shaman = 8900 exp. Have one other person hit said mob once and I get 283 exp... So the most advantageous way to play this pre-patch MMO content is to be completely isolated.

Noble intentions, terrible execution.

Yup that sounds like something is really broken with their multi tagging XP method for the event.

xzi

Mouthbreather
After all the setup in the pre-patch and the Hearthstone expansion I had a feeling we were going to have some refreshed Karazhan content. Good to know they are committing to preventing any more content droughts, although honestly we have heard that song before.

Wait really??? This gives me a massive boner. I thought that was just fanmade but nope it's real.
Karazhan was my alltime favorite raid. Maybe it was the people I was playing with, I don't know, but as soon as I entered it for the recent quest that was just added.. it gave me hardcore nostalgia more than anything else in the game. I love everything surrounding the lore of Karazhan, I love the layout, I love the architecture, and in general the fights (at the time) were interesting as fuck and fresh. Legion is ramping up to look so fucking good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Karazhan. I can't express my joy enough. It's the place I enjoyed most in all of WoW, layout, story, background lore, rumors about the mirrored tower below, the boss fights, the chess event, holy crap, I ran that place a hundred times as high level just to experience it again, over and over.
I can't wait. Seriously.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Honestly one of my favorite things to do back in vanilla was grab 4 bros and just do every little bit of BRD while just shooting the shit. Would be nice if this Kara produced a similar feeling, though It won't be quite as long.