World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
BRD gave me aneurysms that I still feel to this day every time I enter the place.. constantly recruiting new players.. constantly getting people attuned to MC. In a guild full of lazy fucks there was only like 7 of us doing it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There's some unique loot in Karazhan, wonder if we need to get the horse before that patch. I'm glad I at least managed to get the Wolfslayer rifle. Despair is cool looking with an enchant (the hollow spot fills in with a glow), but that was always super common.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So are they going to turn Karazhan into some glorified 5 man shithole like they did with ZG and ZA and remove it from the game? Or will the original remain? I too have fond memories and Kara but I also had fond memories of the other 2 raids and look what they were turned into.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
So are they going to turn Karazhan into some glorified 5 man shithole like they did with ZG and ZA and remove it from the game? Or will the original remain? I too have fond memories and Kara but I also had fond memories of the other 2 raids and look what they were turned into.

Patch 7.1 - Return to Karazhan
  • Karazhan is coming back as a large five player dungeon with all nine bosses.
  • The old Karazhan will still exist, you can still go and farm it for things.
  • There will also be a small additional raid between The Emerald Nightmare and The Nighthold that wraps up the Stormheim story.
  • Patch 7.1 will also have outdoor content associated with Suramar that pushes forward the Nightfallen story.
  • Patch 7.1 is coming to the PTR right after Legion launches!
  • Encounters have been play tested internally, it is good to go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Considering they already announced 7.1 content and you compare that to 6.1 the first "major" patch of the expansion that was just a camera, I feel like they just might pull it off.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They have been saying that for a long time though. Here is the same bullshit from 2011.

"As our players have become more experienced playing World of Warcraft over many years, they have become much better and much faster at consuming content," said Blizzard president Michael Morhaime in a Gamasutra-attended conference call.

"And so I think with Cataclysm they were able to consume the content faster than with previous expansions, but that's why we're working on developing more content."

"We need to be faster at delivering content to players," he added. "And so that's one of the reasons that we're looking to decrease the amount of time in-between expansions."

Blizzard Speeds Up WoW Development To Address Subscriber Churn

World of Warcraft's Subscribers Decline and Blizzard Promises Quicker Expansions - Wowhead News

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't even think we are consuming content too fast. They need devs that can handle adding a couple patches before an expansion drops. There's absolutely 0 reason we should be sitting on raids for a year or more. They make so much goddamn money I can't even begin to understand why their model is like this.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Their WoW team more than doubled irrc and the biggest factor is they acknowledged that they fucked up with WoD, which they have never really acknowledged such a huge mess before. On top of that they already cancelled their faster expansion model they were aiming for. All 3 of those things combined are the only things that give me hope that they will actually do it this time.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I am sure they have a ton of staff from different teams they can pull from, but many of the original team is gone at this point. They also tend to cut a lot of shit from expansions time and time again which does leave it with an empty feel in spot. As an example Azjol Nerub was originally meant to be another raid tier back in Naxx, I guess there was an entire raid and city planned for WoD that just go up and cut.. they always promise shorter time between patches and better and more content. People complained about farming Lick King for a year+ then they complained about farming Dragon Soul for a year and SoO for a year and now this shit for a year.. my point take the faster release with a grain of salt.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They always have that caveat about they won't release something until it's ready. That's just the way they do things.

In other news, I got WoD flying, and 700 fishing. Goals now are fishing achievements for the water strider mount, and turtle mounts! Clock is ticking!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They said they're planning no content droughts, I hope they keep to their words

GjavAXy.jpg

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's some unique loot in Karazhan, wonder if we need to get the horse before that patch. I'm glad I at least managed to get the Wolfslayer rifle. Despair is cool looking with an enchant (the hollow spot fills in with a glow), but that was always super common.
Old version still will be available from what they were saying if you want to farm for older stuff.

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
Buddy of mine said he read the water strider mount was nerfed to where it won't work in the new expansion zones. I haven't seen that anywhere myself, though. Has anyone else heard such?

stereo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Buddy of mine said he read the water strider mount was nerfed to where it won't work in the new expansion zones. I haven't seen that anywhere myself, though. Has anyone else heard such?

I thought that was reversed due to forum complaints?