World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Place your bets: Thrall dies next expansion now

Bullshit, he dies in a cut scene at the launch of 7.1. He gets crushed when the arcane vortex sucks a Alliance Pawn through his chest as it rips apart the chess event in Karazhan 2.0.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
that also irked me, i hit revered and get a quest to "hit exalted" ...really? thats all? i know there is another quest about midway through revered but i expected there to be something at revered other than buying a party mask.
Those quests are "breadcrumbs". You have them so you know there's "something" to be done. Otherwise, people who don't go to wowhead or any guide wouldn't guess that the various parts of the story unlock at various rep levels.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife managed to play until 8 EST despite down time starting at 6. Makes me think it will go until 12 EST and not 10.

I have enjoyed this expansion up to this point. The masquerade city has a nice and frustrating Everquest faction feel to it. There is one particular route that I now avoid that I swear was meant to set a player up to get mobbed. I am a little puzzled as to why my Legendary Weapon is Ilevel 802 despite it being....legendary? I actually have 2 out of 3 of the big buffs. Does it go up based on Ilevel average or the amount of points put into it?

There is plenty to do at 110. I have been trying to do whatever I can do for Nightfallen rep as this rep appears to be the must have rep. I have almost finished all the zones and continue to do all the little quests on my main. I miss flying. I loved initially selling my felhide for 4k each only to have them now sell for 700. Always makes me giggle at how players cannot wait one week. I imagine Felhide will settle at 500ish.

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone playing enhancement? I intentionally played a monk so I could fill multiple roles, but always liked shaman healing and thinking of going enhance for off-spec on an alt

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have enjoyed this expansion up to this point. The masquerade city has a nice and frustrating Everquest faction feel to it. There is one particular route that I now avoid that I swear was meant to set a player up to get mobbed. I am a little puzzled as to why my Legendary Weapon is Ilevel 802 despite it being....legendary? I actually have 2 out of 3 of the big buffs. Does it go up based on Ilevel average or the amount of points put into it?

There is plenty to do at 110. I have been trying to do whatever I can do for Nightfallen rep as this rep appears to be the must have rep. I have almost finished all the zones and continue to do all the little quests on my main. I miss flying. I loved initially selling my felhide for 4k each only to have them now sell for 700. Always makes me giggle at how players cannot wait one week. I imagine Felhide will settle at 500ish.

Your weapon ilvl is directly tied to the relics you put in, so that goes up according to the power of those and obviously gets a big ilvl boost when you unlock the 3rd relic slot.

I am enjoying it as well, though pally healing is so frustratingly immobile. I healed my first mythic the other day, Eye of Aszhara, and good Christ, the running around all over during the boss fights. Very hectic and challenging, that's the kind of content I was hoping it would be as I mostly play small group stuff with my bros.

I am pretty much kissing my alts goodbye however, I find it humorous that Blizz gave us those invasions to fast track as many chars as you could have wanted to max level, and then hits you in the face with the most alt-unfriendly experience you could have ever imagined. My DK is up to 109 though, I will probably get her kind of finished because I am interested in the DK order hall story. Keeping up on resources and faction though, I am not sure that is going to happen.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Holy priest healing is only slightly worse, but my legendary proc (Norgannon's Foresight) actually makes it less shitty. It's actually turned out to be really fucking awesome, although at first I was disappointed when I first got it. It's been equally useful in all my specs.

It procs so much I'm actually a little spoiled on it. Running while mindflaying is so busted in pvp.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm going to wait to level an alt into Legion until after catch up mechanics are implemented. Until then I'll level up some of my lowbies.

And yeah, some of these fights are awesome considering what you need to do to get through them. But immobility of certain healers is really BLEH.

I'm enjoying going for achievements and shit on the side though. Tried the battle pet world quests. I bought a bunch of lvl 25 battle pets of various types. But some of them are hard. Its hard to know which battle pet you get even of certain types has abilities that counter X. But it is kinda fun.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The changes and benefits to gathering in legion alone kinda motivated me to level my miner/jewelcrafter. It seems they nerfed the herb/alch cheese to obliterating potions for millions in obliterum profits or I'd have done that too.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Holy priest healing is only slightly worse, but my legendary proc (Norgannon's Foresight) actually makes it less shitty. It's actually turned out to be really fucking awesome, although at first I was disappointed when I first got it. It's been equally useful in all my specs.

It procs so much I'm actually a little spoiled on it. Running while mindflaying is so busted in pvp.

That is pretty damn awesome. Of course the pally one requires you to stand still for two seconds. Pretty powerful ability but you still gotta laugh at the cast time. (Tyr's Deliverance - Spell - World of Warcraft)

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am in something of a pickle. I am up to ilevel 832 now through a combination of lucky warforged rolls but I have yet to set foot in a Mythic. My primary reason for this is that I don't feel like I am pulling my weight in Heroic dungeons as my DPS output seems rather meh. I'm playing Arcane on the basis that I've always played Arcane, but I also tried to switch to fire to see if that would help things but even on training dummies I don't have a good feel for the process of fishing for crits and without doing that properly Fire is not good at all.

I feel particularly odd because Arcane seems to be the only DPS spec that actually uses mana and therefore I either finish fights drained and have to instantly sit and eat before the next pull, or I have to hold back a lot and turn my 'meh' dps into 'bleh'.

Should I just swallow my pride and try to join a Mythic group and guard my ego against a potential thrashing?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I am in something of a pickle. I am up to ilevel 832 now through a combination of lucky warforged rolls but I have yet to set foot in a Mythic. My primary reason for this is that I don't feel like I am pulling my weight in Heroic dungeons as my DPS output seems rather meh. I'm playing Arcane on the basis that I've always played Arcane, but I also tried to switch to fire to see if that would help things but even on training dummies I don't have a good feel for the process of fishing for crits and without doing that properly Fire is not good at all.

I feel particularly odd because Arcane seems to be the only DPS spec that actually uses mana and therefore I either finish fights drained and have to instantly sit and eat before the next pull, or I have to hold back a lot and turn my 'meh' dps into 'bleh'.

Should I just swallow my pride and try to join a Mythic group and guard my ego against a potential thrashing?

you may already know most of this but... check out icy veins, it has a pretty good Arcane guide. Arcane isn't in the best place at the moment due to its burn/gain rotation, it does mediocre dps compared to Fire. Arcane has always been Mana intensive which doesn't mesh very well with the "pull everything" method of doing mythics and heroics. Are you pulling decent numbers on boss fights in heroics?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

What is your DPS? Granted I may be reading things in gchat completely out of context but people saying you need 200k+ dps for mythics seem way off as I rarely see people pull over 200k dps outside of large trash pulls. I wouldn't be too concerned. As long as you mechanic and don't die most fights aren't bad if you are pulling 150kdps.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
People in the guild on Hyjal are saying you need 200k dps for Mythics? Some of those nerds were barely pulling 100k when I was tanking them for a guild group last week and we still made it through. I think highest DPS in our VH run was 160k.

Mythics are all about dodging damage and using cooldowns appropriately. I haven't seen any real dps races yet and can't recall a fight where my healer was even close to running out of mana.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tanking my way through heroics/mythics as a Brewmaster. I'm getting really used to it but a lot of healers don't seem to understand that due to the stagger mechanic I'll sit at 70-85% HP for a long time during longer fights. Other than points where I clear out all the stagger. It's nice not to fear spike damage at all though.

I healed from Vanilla up through WOTLK. I always thought tanking would be more stressful but nope. Healing is way more stressful than tanking. But an order of magnitude.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
People in the guild on Hyjal are saying you need 200k dps for Mythics? Some of those nerds were barely pulling 100k when I was tanking them for a guild group last week and we still made it through. I think highest DPS in our VH run was 160k.

Mythics are all about dodging damage and using cooldowns appropriately. I haven't seen any real dps races yet and can't recall a fight where my healer was even close to running out of mana.
Why I prefaced I may have taken some gchat discussion out of context, but I recall people throwing that 200kdps number around. Could be in reference to the AIDS that is group finder for mythics. But yes, very few fights are dps races, and many just make you mechanic more as time progresses so if you can not stand in fire, you are good.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Thanks, yeah I had consulted Icy-Veins when it became clear I was not doing as well as I thought I should and discovered then that Mastery was no longer great for Arcane the way it had been in the past.

Right now I can feel okay about life if I spam Arcane Explosion in groups to clear trash along with the second golden artifact point (enhances Arcane Barrage against more than 2 targets). My single target against bosses, however, is abysmal even when I start the fight with full Arcane Charge and throw everything I have at it. I just feel like I'm doing twice as much work for half the net effect, which seems very odd since I thought that the specs were all tuned to be net-neutral for the most part.

I don't have a heck of a lot of discretion in terms of what I can choose for secondary stats, I suppose I might have to suck it up and try and get into the Fire rhythms.

For reference I'm getting ~150-160k dps on single target, lots more for AE situations but hunters easily outpace me and when grouped with a fire mage I feel like I'm throwing wads of tissue paper at the boss.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Tanking my way through heroics/mythics as a Brewmaster. I'm getting really used to it but a lot of healers don't seem to understand that due to the stagger mechanic I'll sit at 70-85% HP for a long time during longer fights. Other than points where I clear out all the stagger. It's nice not to fear spike damage at all though.

I healed from Vanilla up through WOTLK. I always thought tanking would be more stressful but nope. Healing is way more stressful than tanking. But an order of magnitude.
Great thing about tanking, you don't need to bother with over half the mechanics of a lot of fights, even in raids!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Great thing about tanking, you don't need to bother with over half the mechanics of a lot of fights, even in raids!

Yeah that really is quite nice. Tanking is lazy mode. Dodge shit when you can, otherwise just keep attacking the boss and grabbing adds when necessary!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yeah that really is quite nice. Tanking is lazy mode. Dodge shit when you FEEL LIKE IT, otherwise just keep attacking the boss and grabbing adds when necessary!
FTFY. Seriously mythic stuff doesn't hit hard. Pretty sure the hardest hitting ability I've seen was for 1.1mil. Not that bad considering I'm sitting just under 3.6milhp