World of Warcraft: Current Year

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
So my DH is like 839 ilvl now. I just shit all over the DPS meters every group I run. Is this class way overtuned or does everyone just suck dick?

I'm pulling like 250-300K single target an AOE is just disgusting.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Preview: Mythic Keystones - WoW

"While creatures do not drop loot normally during a Mythic Keystone run, upon completion of the run, players will find a chest containing two high-quality items for the party. The base item level of these rewards starts at item level 845 for Mythic Level 2, and goes all the way up to item level 865 for a Mythic Level 10."

Here is the logic I am not understanding from the point of view of somebody that pugs a fair amount:

5 man normals, heroics and mythics - Personal Loot
Raiding LFR - Personal Loot
Raiding Normals and heroics where less than 70% is one guild - Personal Loot
5 Man mythic+ - 2 items shared for the party, under what loot system? Master looter? FFA?

I am assuming the pug world is not going to be pushing mythic + 10, but +2 or +3 instead.

It just strikes me as an odd change. There must not be a way for personal loot to be awarded to only two people for a chest. For example all 5 members roll an internal dice, top two win and now they get 100% chance at a personal loot item.

Then again, maybe they have just poorly explained how it is going to work since they changed it from beta. Beta was giving too much loot for the .001% of the players that are going to game the system.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So my DH is like 839 ilvl now. I just shit all over the DPS meters every group I run. Is this class way overtuned or does everyone just suck dick?

I'd imagine there is a little over tuning but mainly everyone just sucks dick. Lol

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

Demon Hunters are indeed overtuned at least at the current ilevel. It's not uncommon for a DH tank to top the DPS meters, which is really quite ludicrous given the whole "class fantasy" business.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Demon Hunters are indeed overtuned at least at the current ilevel. It's not uncommon for a DH tank to top the DPS meters, which is really quite ludicrous given the whole "class fantasy" business.

Are you talking boss fights or trash pulls? DH tanks can do some nasty dps on trash but you're playing with gutter level dps if a DH tank can top the meters on a normal pull or against a boss.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Normally I wouldn't care about random pre-tier, pre-trinkets balance, but the fact that we won't even sniff tier until January makes the baseline balance level matter a bit more.

I'd expect the patch next week that sets raid live will have a lot of changes one way or the other.

However, there are a lot of people in queue just doing an absolute shit job for their ilvl, falling back on blaming other classes for being too strong. If you're pulling WoD-level DPS, it's your fault.

Demonhunters are super strong on trash fights, and only get stronger the *more* trash there is, with Artifact nodes increasing their damage based on # of affected foes. WW Monks, Demonhunters, and Fire Mages should generally be beating out your other DPS on big trash packs, since they're very good at DPS with low ramp-up time (with Fire Mage still being great at single-target, Mage Uber Alles). If you're losing to a Demonhunter on Single-target as a good single-target spec, it's likely a discrepency in ilvl or play alacrity more than class imbalance. Which, it's pretty easy for their to be a difference in skill at specs, since DH is a very simple spec to play at decently high competency. When fights last a very short time, Momentum can basically be up the entire pull, and it doesn't take particularly overwhelming playskill to notice your momentum buff fell off and hit dash again.

Tanks can pull ahead of shitty DPS at low ilvls if there's a discrepency in Artifact Power expenditure, since tanks get a flat % DPS increase every time they advance their artifact, where DPS are often forced into spending AP on nodes that don't directly aid damage.

Last edited:

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
If you have unlocked your third relic slot and are sitting at ~830+ ilevel you really should be able to sustain 200k on single target fights unless you happen to be a frost DK. AoE is kind of a crap shoot because of all the ramp up time most ranged need, but any melee doing under 250k dps on trash pulls is either lazy or incompetent. Realistically any melee should be between 300-500k on your average trash pull. Sadly whenever I have to pug in a dps for mythics I'm lucky if I get someone who can break 150k single target.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I can't see feral Druids pulling that much on trash. Their AoE damage is abysmal. A combo of 2 to 3 swipe/thrash and your sitting there waiting for your energy to regen while losing precious dps. I stopped playing my Druid for my warrior so I'm not 100% if any artifacts traits helps their AoE in any form. I always remembered myself being energy starved on trash packs.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
As far as Mythic+ goes, whether you get loot or not is one thing but aren't you guaranteed a box with loot weekly anyways?

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I can't see feral Druids pulling that much on trash. Their AoE damage is abysmal. A combo of 2 to 3 swipe/thrash and your sitting there waiting for your energy to regen while losing precious dps. I stopped playing my Druid for my warrior so I'm not 100% if any artifacts traits helps their AoE in any form. I always remembered myself being energy starved on trash packs.

Depends on the trash. I run with a feral and if we have a full guild group that does good numbers they can do pretty nice on trash because it dies during their burst. But yes, if things die at a medium rate they are fairly meh at dps. As far as feral single target, they sim the highest currently with simcrafts 840 stuff that is out. Feral -- arms --- outlaw are top three. The feral rotation is supposed to be fairly complex though, so might be hard to pull the sim numbers.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'm only 815 but my aoe numbers vary wildly as ret. It really all depends on how long 3+ mobs are up because if a couple die right away I just average down to single target numbers. Not that I'm doing mythic so it doesn't matter. Boss fights that aren't huge in movement I can usually pull about 160-130k average which seems decent in comparison to most that I've run with. DH so far seem to pull the sickest numbers in my randoms.

Needless

Toe Sucker
yeah, which starts next week.

Is there a rating on mythic difficulty yet? i just did my first one which was darkheart and the archdruid was about 10x harder than the other bosses due to having 4 melee + me in the group haha

having to pull 250k HPS is rough

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

DH, Arms, Outlaw, Unholy, and WW monk all can do considerably more when at the ilevels I'm talking about on four plus mobs. Talking 1 mil+ without blowing any CD of consequence. Enhance which I play is on the low end but I can do 300-500k reliably just popping doomwinds. So not sure what your lolwut is about.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Looks like arms sims about 50% higher dps than fury, thats crazy, how can balance be that far off. I average about 180k over a full heroic clear but have started dumping power into the arms arti.