World of Warcraft: Current Year

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
How do the seer chests work in the withered training shit? I've had the seer for a week and never seen one of the chests

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I believe once you spend the withered to unlock a box you get that upgrade for good so every day you basically get better and better withered until they are a ravening pack of derps to demolish that area for fun and profit.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yep, but the chests labeled on maps that say 'seer chests' don't show up for me at all and never have D:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
there are some invisible chests i haven't been able to loot even with the withered required, maybe those are the seer chests?

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749088032 - No balance changes yet but...

"In the meantime, we are looking at a couple of targeted changes to address some clear outliers: in the near future, we’re planning on deploying hotfixes that reduce tank damage output across the board (tanks should be very sturdy and effective at killing things, but too often their damage output rivals that of pure damage dealers), as well as reducing the AoE burst damage capabilities of Windwalker monks (mainly Strike of the Windlord’s area component) and Havoc Demon Hunters (mainly Fel Barrage). Those specializations will still excel in that area, but will not be so clearly dominant over their peers."

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Whats the preferred ancient mana farming method these days? I watched the "2k mana in 10 minutes!?!1" videos but Suramar on Hyjal does not appear to be overflowing with mana...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just farm the Vineyard in Suramar City. Leypetal Blossoms and Arcwine.

By far the best spot.

Khane

The icy veins Druid forums are a ghost town. Where do people go for class discussion these days?

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
reducing the AoE burst damage capabilities of Windwalker monks (mainly Strike of the Windlord’s area component)

Da fuck man. Playing monk for first time and I don't think we're that outrageous in AOE. I didn't even spec into the second AE. Most crane, windlord, and Fists. The latter has 20/45s cooldowns.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i think people are using the Discords by class, the warrior discord has some pretty discussion going on. its super hard to find anything though because of the way it updates if it isn't put in a sticky or googledoc.

there should be a link to your classes channel on mmo-champion (blocked at work or i would link the post)

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Class Discord Servers Death Knight: Discord
Demon Hunter (Mardum): Discord
Demon Hunter (The Fel Hammer): Discord
Druid: Discord
Hunter: Discord
Paladin: Discord
Priest: Discord
Rogue: Discord
Shaman: Discord
Mage: Discord
Monk: Discord
Warlock: Discord
Skyhold (Warrior Discord): Discord
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Other WoW-related Discord Servers
Official WoW Server: Discord
Wowhead: Discord
Warcraft Logs: Discord
Ask Mr. Robot: Discord
Icy Veins: Discord
WeakAuras Community: Discord
TankChat: Discord

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Here fellow guardian druid

Well going back and looking at all our talents I think Fyff can definitely pull 180k dps if he took Incarnation over GG and Pulverize over Rend and Tear.

And I'm starting to think I might do that for Mythic+ progression for a couple of reasons:

1) Pulverize should increase your damage while keeping the damage reduction the same. And we are using Thrash pretty much on CD regardless.
2) Incarnation lasts 30 seconds and because of the decreased cooldown on rage generating abilities should give you more than enough rage to spam your Active Mitigation abilities while also giving you a very potent DPS boost during key burn phases.

I'll probably end up switching between talent options depending on fights but I can see there being a big discrepancy in damage output (for now, until the GG changes go in, if they go in as stated in the PTR notes)

I'm also thinking about switching to Brambles because Bristling Fur is really, really underwhelming on anything other than large trash pulls and I'm using my Oh Shit buttons during those anyway so the extra AE damage from Brambles would be welcome.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Well going back and looking at all our talents I think Fyff can definitely pull 180k dps if he took Incarnation over GG and Pulverize over Rend and Tear.

And I'm starting to think I might do that for Mythic+ progression for a couple of reasons:

1) Pulverize should increase your damage while keeping the damage reduction the same. And we are using Thrash pretty much on CD regardless.
2) Incarnation lasts 30 seconds and because of the decreased cooldown on rage generating abilities should give you more than enough rage to spam your Active Mitigation abilities while also giving you a very potent DPS boost during key burn phases.

I'll probably end up switching between talent options depending on fights but I can see there being a big discrepancy in damage output (for now, until the GG changes go in, if they go in as stated in the PTR notes)

I'm also thinking about switching to Brambles because Bristling Fur is really, really underwhelming on anything other than large trash pulls and I'm using my Oh Shit buttons during those anyway so the extra AE damage from Brambles would be welcome.
I like my spec right now (GG, Bristling Fur), but will have to try out a new one and get a feel for one in mythic+. Don't know yet how much defensive/rage generation I can give up yet is all.

Khane

Well that's the question. I'm going to re-spec and see what my healer can handle.