World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
So if I want to play some kind of ranged dps, but I didn't care for Mage, and I want to try something other than my hunter, what would be some good recommendations? One of my key issues with Mage is the squish factor, but some of it is also how they flow I guess, hard for me to put it in words. I'm gonna be rolling Horde and RAF'ing my wife, who has never played before, so something that can possibly support, or out and out carry her would be nice.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So if I want to play some kind of ranged dps, but I didn't care for Mage, and I want to try something other than my hunter, what would be some good recommendations? One of my key issues with Mage is the squish factor, but some of it is also how they flow I guess, hard for me to put it in words. I'm gonna be rolling Horde and RAF'ing my wife, who has never played before, so something that can possibly support, or out and out carry her would be nice.
If not Hunter or Mage, and you want to support/carry then basic process of elimination leaves you with Warlock left.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya only choice is warlock. Not squishy at all, pet can tank and easy spell rotations.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Does anyone do mythic arc or court at a time compatible with GMT? say 5-6 EST? Tried joining via custom groups for an hour this morning, constant declines. ilvl837 fury warrior Kalaar#1710
I'm fairly sure I'm not a complete window licker and if this continues I'm basically fucked as my class hall requires mythic Eye of Azshara and Surumar obviously requires mythic court and arcway.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
My guess: they flipped the "boost people's chance for their first legendary" so that it triggered if you had one instead of if you had none.

Hopefully, since legion launched ive only missed 2 days (first two days) of emissary quests, and fully locked on all mythics every week. I'm super nervous when i switch my loot spec to arms for Ymiron in Maw that he'll end up dropping an offspec legendary for me (his trinket only drops for dps and is really good for warrior tanks).

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If not Hunter or Mage, and you want to support/carry then basic process of elimination leaves you with Warlock left.

Uh, there's also Elemental Shaman.

They are pretty damn good supports as well. Can spec to Resto if you want. Good damage and the best healing in the game.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Rolling restarts happened but WQ's did not reset. In case anyone cares.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So how are you all getting Nightfallen rep up at a reasonable pace? I'm nearly to Revered but it seems pretty slow. Just doing WQs and shit.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
So how are you all getting Nightfallen rep up at a reasonable pace? I'm nearly to Revered but it seems pretty slow. Just doing WQs and shit.

I'd Like to know too, i'm stuck at 4k into honored and seem to have run out of quests in suramar.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya only choice is warlock. Not squishy at all, pet can tank and easy spell rotations.
Boomkin are pretty burly too. Their armor levels plus taking the trees as the first talent I can face tank just about anything outside a dungeon while blasting away at it. Once you get the hang of it the druid rotation is pretty reasonable now while not being so trimmed as to be boring.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd Like to know too, i'm stuck at 4k into honored and seem to have run out of quests in suramar.

The withered scenario daily should keep moving your rep bars from what I understand it is one of the better options for daily rep progress for that rep.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
its all from WQ/withered army training/feeding mana

a few tips that im sure everyone already knows;

1. always do withered army training with 20 dudes, get 425 points, unlock as many chests as you can so that you still have >0 withered at the end then talk to the telemancer at the end.
2. all world quests even the shitty profession ones and the warden quests give rep in suramar, i got ~600-700 just doing the WQ yesterday (had a few of the warden elites i didn't finish)
3. CoS/Arcway when they are first unlocked give decent rep for the initial quest
4. talk to nighteyes in the menagerie if you haven't already unlocked the Devilsaur quest (it becomes a recurring WQ) that gives 150 rep and appears pretty often
5. whenever Kirin Tor have dailies use the +1500 rep on Nightfallen
6. never miss 24 hours without feeding the withered in the cave (its a quick 150 mana for 150 rep)

I'm about mid way through revered at the moment and ive just been doing this, in 7.1 they are "continuing the nightfallen story" which i am taking as meaning adding more mid-level rep quests.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Guessing too many people hitting 830+ without stepping into a dungeon. Hotfix will be less gear quests overall and what you do get will be at your current ilvl instead of 5-10 higher with maybe once a week a quest for something 5 higher. Something about they didn't foresee the number of people who would do quests with decent upgrades and how wq's are supposed to be a supplement/side grade not a means to an end. Hope I'm wrong.

Given I have been singling out ones with gear rewards and now have almost a full set of 840-850 gear I think it probably is a change that may need to happen. I went from barely 800 to ilevel 842 in a couple days by focusing on WQ with item rewards.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Since i have been busting my ass looking for clues about the warrior hidden appearance some testing was done recently before the Beta was taken down a few days ago.

looks like the hidden appearance is gated behind artifact knowledge, there is a line of code you can type in to see if it comes up "true" or "false" to see if you are eligible for the WQ that gives the appearance. it was tested with 4 characters with Artifact knowledge 4, 11, 17, and 19 it showed up False for the 4 and the 17 but showed up true for the 11 and 18. it would appear its gated behind some random requirement + being between AK 5-11.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
I still need to unlock that godzilla WQ... i'm pretty certain by not having it unlocked i'm only getting 3 of 4 suramar WQ's frequently. (usually 2 Warden quests and only 3 nightfallen rep)

Haven't really played much the past 2 days though, hoping to get some mythics in this weekend.

Needless

Toe Sucker
do heroics that give the healer/tank bonus bag... free 800g + 1-3ish 375 stat items you can sell for like 150g each lol

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Daily bag sucks now. What happened to the 700g? Fuckin 815 items, c'mon man.

there has to be a fuck up in there somewhere with the rewards not scaling properly. i'll take gold or order resources over shitty 815's im going to disenchant or vendor.