World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
My combat followers still get xp from world quests, don't see the problem.
I'll update in the morning, but mine weren't when I was asking about it earlier tonight. Hopefully it was a weird, isolated bug.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Had this for me. Read through some wowhead comments till i found one where this same thing happens and mentions if you swim through the pool of water in the main center room, he should spawn. Sure enough I ran down there and half way through the pool I get the "hero watch out" warning and he spawns.

He spawns randomly off any mob you engage in the spider area. Tonight was my first run with a fully upgraded army and I killed every single mob I could find and thought he was bugged or something. Found 3 tiny spiders I missed in a corner and he spawned off them. Thanks for the tip on the pool, will def try that next time.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Had this for me. Read through some wowhead comments till i found one where this same thing happens and mentions if you swim through the pool of water in the main center room, he should spawn. Sure enough I ran down there and half way through the pool I get the "hero watch out" warning and he spawns.
I had swum there, but he didn't pop for a while. The "watch out" seems to be when he aggroes; I get a "watch out" message every time as my Mind Control drops.

They might have realized he's way too hard for a number of classes, and let people get max score before they try to get his key to go further by moving him out of the corridor.

Will see on friday, when the training repops (I think)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dunno. I had killed every single mob before his door and ran around hoping to aggro after a guildmate mentions he stealths around. Still no luck, so I googled and read through the wowhead comments. Found the tip about the pool of water and worked perfect for me.

First time I have had that happen, he usually spawns well before I get to the door that his key goes to.

Was a bad withered training for me anyway. Not sure if its because I was swimming in chest 3 days ago(3 glimmering, 5 regular) but only had 1 regular chest today(5 withered one) and that was it.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Naw he can pop anywhere in the spider area. A lot of beta maps say he patrols the corridor etc, but I've AFK'd there for 20 minutes and he doesn't show up.

He will spawn on top of you, every time, randomly when you engage one of the spider mobs or cocoons. I've had him spawn on me in the corridor and also in the big central room with the webs while fighting stuff.

Also to note the entire scenario is hilariously easy for any spec once you've looted all the upgrade chests. I'm "DPS" but didn't actually do any dps while clearing it tonight, only used my spells to pull mobs and toggled withered between berserk states, they just plow through everything for you.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Dunno. I had killed every single mob before his door and ran around hoping to aggro after a guildmate mentions he stealths around. Still no luck, so I googled and read through the wowhead comments. Found the tip about the pool of water and worked perfect for me.

First time I have had that happen, he usually spawns well before I get to the door that his key goes to.

Was a bad withered training for me anyway. Not sure if its because I was swimming in chest 3 days ago(3 glimmering, 5 regular) but only had 1 regular chest today(5 withered one) and that was it.

The 5 and 10 withered chests are single time only spawns, after you've got them all the only point of the scenario is to get max faction, which is at 400 (?) points scored. The only chests you see are the small ones that are free to open and the scenario completion one. Unless they add in anything else in a patch, get in, get faction max and get out.

Argarth

On the verandah
Holy shit @ the Hunter talent change on the PTR.

## Trailblazer (passive) : Your movement speed is increased by 30% any time you have not attacked for 3 seconds.

Just tested it on all 3 specs.

Have literally just started playing my hunter again in the last couple of days because I STILL can't commit to a main, and I can't believe how excited this change makes me. Absolutely HATED the removal of the old Cheetah.

So hoping it goes live as is - and yes it seems to depend on me doing the attacking, not just being in combat.

FUCK YES!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Holy shit @ the Hunter talent change on the PTR.

## Trailblazer (passive) : Your movement speed is increased by 30% any time you have not attacked for 3 seconds.

Just tested it on all 3 specs.

Have literally just started playing my hunter again in the last couple of days because I STILL can't commit to a main, and I can't believe how excited this change makes me. Absolutely HATED the removal of the old Cheetah.

So hoping it goes live as is - and yes it seems to depend on me doing the attacking, not just being in combat.

FUCK YES!
Oh that pleases me immensely.

• 1Solidarity

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
ran EN last night with the guild, we wiped a few times on the first boss on heroic (getting her to about 10% 3 times before hitting enrage) so we definitely have a dps issue. we said screw it and killed her 1 shot on normal, and then did 1 learning pull and cleared the spider on the 2nd, we didn't realize the distance tank mechanic at first.

Is heroic currently over tuned or did we just suck in the dps department?

withered training is different, there are quite a bit more of the fal'dorei spider packs after the first shard maiden room and elfbreaker/spiderboss seemed to have a lot less hp. i got the "watch out" for Dro while just standing still in the first spider room waiting for my trinket to come back up, he seemed easier. finished with 42 withered before i went back to grab chests.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can't imagine anyone would be geared enough to beat heroic dps checks if what you said about your guild previously is true

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea a lot of our dps was undergeared, i know some guilds are downing the first dragon. I was mainly curious how the mid to later fights are going with a guild that is adequately geared in 840+

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every boss except Xavius has been downed on Heroic now. I didn't go last night but my guild went. They couldn't down the first boss on heroic. DPS kept dying and the healers were not putting out the numbers they should be. The guilds who are beating it have DPS geared in the 848+ range.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
yea a lot of our dps was undergeared, i know some guilds are downing the first dragon. I was mainly curious how the mid to later fights are going with a guild that is adequately geared in 840+
Just from experience in wow on fights like butcher on heroic, a couple under geared dps would ensure we couldn't kill the boss.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Naw he can pop anywhere in the spider area. A lot of beta maps say he patrols the corridor etc, but I've AFK'd there for 20 minutes and he doesn't show up.

He will spawn on top of you, every time, randomly when you engage one of the spider mobs or cocoons. I've had him spawn on me in the corridor and also in the big central room with the webs while fighting stuff.

Also to note the entire scenario is hilariously easy for any spec once you've looted all the upgrade chests. I'm "DPS" but didn't actually do any dps while clearing it tonight, only used my spells to pull mobs and toggled withered between berserk states, they just plow through everything for you.

I ended up giving up, I killed literally every mob between the entrance and his door, including bosses and he never spawned. I through the edge of the pool to get chests, not sure if i swam through it. AFK'd in various areas also and he never showed up. Said fuck it and sent as many chests home as i could, so at least next run will be even easier.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The addition of the Mythic+ puts me in an odd quandary. We had people come back for the expansion, but very few (<15) and thus in the evening it is rare to have more than 3 people online at a time.

We will never again be a guild that can raid, but do we try and recruit just to hit a critical number of hardcore casuals to do Mythic+?

I find myself wanting to do more, but unsure of the logistics and commitment necessary to do so. Would just be content with group-finder, but the level of asshatery that goes on there makes it a bit poisonous.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You guys are making me want to play again. Is this expansion at TBC/WoLTK levels of quality if you assume the player won't be raiding seriously(ain't got time for that shit)? Even worth risking pissing off my wife?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
For those that aren't raiding it seems the standard daily rotation is

1. Do the Daily Emissary quest
2. Do nightfallen quests
3. Do whatever quest for any faction you need to raise rep with (or do whatever gives you items/AP you want) - i mostly skip this except for high AP items
4. Mythics
5. PvP - (its terrible at the moment)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'll update in the morning, but mine weren't when I was asking about it earlier tonight. Hopefully it was a weird, isolated bug.
Still not getting follower experience from World Quests. Follower is 35,468 XP to next upgrade and that didn't move at all unless I turned in a non-repeatable (non WQ) quest.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Did my first mythic, CoS last night. Wiped 3 times due to one bad trash pull and once per first two bosses as we all learned the boss. It felt more like old heroics as was the design. I am looking forward to doing more.