World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The biggest down fall to this expansion is how skewed everything is to the perfect secondary stats your spec needs. Throwing on whatever ilvl increase item on is the quickest way to make your character garbage.
Well, I can accept that for rings/necks. With no primary stat on them, a ring that hasn't got your best secondaries is basically a ring that didn't had your main.

But I was slightly aghast at finding a 830 robe that was better for my offspec than my primary's 850, even though both specs share the best second secondary stat...

In WoD, my off-spec set had 5 items. In Legion, I've got 12 off-spec items right now, and I lose 11 ilvl when switching to holy.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Healed and killed Heroic Cenarius last night with some guild I joined.

First time they killed it and my first raid since 2009.

My Ilvl was 844 but I did not feel useless.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Healed and killed Heroic Cenarius last night with some guild I joined.

First time they killed it and my first raid since 2009.

My Ilvl was 844 but I did not feel useless.
Nice job on the kill. 840 is where you want to be for heroics I believe. Having said that keep in mind that Ilvl isn't everything. The way secondary stats are you could be 844 but geared better then some 860s. My sp is 853 but I just vendored 3 pieces of 855+ bc the secondary stats sucked. Gearing is extremely frustrating at the moment.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My monk is slowly catching up to my Demon Hunter in iLevels, 843 vs 850.

I enjoy healing as a Mistweaver. I don't top the charts though in LFR, not sure if it's because Mistweaver is bad, or I am bad, or my gear sucks...but I'm generally middle of the pack only.

I think the DH is pretty much as good as he'll ever be without starting Mythic and Mythic+ or joining a guild and raid. I think there is still room for improvement on the Monk, his iLevel is lower, but also the gear isn't optimized as much as it is on my DH.

I also still have half of Stormheim and Suramar to do on my Monk. I should be able to work on that this weekend. The AP from Suramar should be nice, Monk is Artifact Knowledge...8 or 9 I think.

Also still debating on what my 3rd should be, I'm down to either Mage or Warlock at this point.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Guild was congratulating me on achieving a legendary. Unfortunately, as it turns out, it didn't mean what they tought it was.

Still waiting for the first one, then I can wait for the second...
Hahaha yeah I got the same thing yesterday.
"Grats! Grats! Grats!"
"Yeah, that's just my reseach. Still 0/2 on legendaries equipped vs what I am capable of equipping".

The fact that the last OH research would allow you to equip two seems to indicate that Blizzard had thought you'd have at least one legendary by the time it was completed.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I cant wait to use 2 completely useless legendaries for my spec. Currently have a belt that gives me 30% more dmg on mobs above 90% health. So amazing as a tank....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I cant wait to use 2 completely useless legendaries for my spec. Currently have a belt that gives me 30% more dmg on mobs above 90% health. So amazing as a tank....
Sell both, do some shit, repurchase from vendor before you log off to keep the silent legendary drop buff for those who don't have any.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Sell both, do some shit, repurchase from vendor before you log off to keep the silent legendary drop buff for those who don't have any.
I still don't believe that exists. They had it fucked up and it was increased for people who had obtained a legendary already... and they've said they've fixed it but I seriously don't think it has.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
speaking of bringing in lower ilevel healers into heroics... the guild that i'm a part of on Thrall (7/7H) is recruiting healers and dps if you're good we will gear you up, finding decent dps for mythic EN is a pain in the ass.

seems like every guild thats spamming trade chat is looking for the same thing "dps that can pull 250k+", i may have stayed playing my rogue if i knew this was going to be the case.

also found an interesting bug last night for hidden artifact appearances if you have an unlocked hidden skin. for instance i have the Prot warrior shields purple "1k honorable kills skin" if you go to the forge in prot spec with the shield equiped and you select the unlocked skin then you open the talent tree on another weapon itll allow you to select the hidden skin for that weapon as well. basically i had the skin for the Fury (currently unobtainable) and Arms (currently unknown whereabouts) on my weapon. it disappears if you log out though but i got a shit load of messages with the fury skin on.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
7.1 hits in a week and they said there will be another PTR update with more class changes. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, I can accept that for rings/necks. With no primary stat on them, a ring that hasn't got your best secondaries is basically a ring that didn't had your main.

But I was slightly aghast at finding a 830 robe that was better for my offspec than my primary's 850, even though both specs share the best second secondary stat...

In WoD, my off-spec set had 5 items. In Legion, I've got 12 off-spec items right now, and I lose 11 ilvl when switching to holy.

The best way imo to handle this new item system is kind of annoying. Download Pawn or any other weighting / upgrade addon. Then install simcraft, go to the options and turn on all weighting. Then look at the type of player you think you are, and adjust those options. (You'll get slightly different weights depending on your play style and movement amount.) Run the simulation on your character and find the weights in the results. Switch back over to wow and put those weights into your weighting addon. That way you can simply scroll over whatever item to find its true upgrade value. My Mage for example, Gloves that give him 700 crit and 200 mastery at 850ilvl are better than gloves that are 470 Haste, 470 Versatility at 870ilvl.

Your class is going to be the deciding factor if your main stat is going to be the highest weight or not. Relics are the only thing that you're going to have to have to look at WoW logs over. If 80% of your damage comes from Shadow Word: Pain during a fight, then obviously a 15% increase to shadow word Pain is going to be a huge buff relic wise. In comparison to an increase in shadow damage by 1%.

At 869ilvl, I am very cautious about what is not a clear upgrade on my spriest. I hate Arcway and Im forcing myself to run it so I can get that dumb ass Haste trinket for example.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I despise that system being the absolute best way to do it, but I'm gonna have to go do all that now :(

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
The best way imo to handle this new item system is kind of annoying. Download Pawn or any other weighting / upgrade addon. Then install simcraft, go to the options and turn on all weighting. Then look at the type of player you think you are, and adjust those options. (You'll get slightly different weights depending on your play style and movement amount.) Run the simulation on your character and find the weights in the results. Switch back over to wow and put those weights into your weighting addon. That way you can simply scroll over whatever item to find its true upgrade value. My Mage for example, Gloves that give him 700 crit and 200 mastery at 850ilvl are better than gloves that are 470 Haste, 470 Versatility at 870ilvl.

Your class is going to be the deciding factor if your main stat is going to be the highest weight or not. Relics are the only thing that you're going to have to have to look at WoW logs over. If 80% of your damage comes from Shadow Word: Pain during a fight, then obviously a 15% increase to shadow word Pain is going to be a huge buff relic wise. In comparison to an increase in shadow damage by 1%.

At 869ilvl, I am very cautious about what is not a clear upgrade on my spriest. I hate Arcway and Im forcing myself to run it so I can get that dumb ass Haste trinket for example.

I was on h2p and they swear up and down that, that trinket isn't good for s2m.I have the chrono shard the trinket off of heroic nyandra amd oak hearts and it seems like if I use the chrono shard I lose dps. I'm fucking lost when it comes to gearing. Where did you get most of yours? Heroic/mythic raids or where you running a specific mythic plus?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Even the "useless" ones tend to be pretty solid items for their slot due to the ilevel of them and what you can get otherwise and they all have some sort of effect on them which should make them better than a normal item. But yes I am about to get the booby prize achievement from my order hall for unlocking 2 legendaries at once before I get any legendaries. Still I figure once I am done with that at least I can start using my orderhall resources more aggressively on missions via the app now as I don't have anything in particular to save up for any more. Also may start looking at maxing out some of the order hall gear to see how viable that is.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Even the "useless" ones tend to be pretty solid items for their slot due to the ilevel of them and what you can get otherwise and they all have some sort of effect on them which should make them better than a normal item. But yes I am about to get the booby prize achievement from my order hall for unlocking 2 legendaries at once before I get any legendaries. Still I figure once I am done with that at least I can start using my orderhall resources more aggressively on missions via the app now as I don't have anything in particular to save up for any more. Also may start looking at maxing out some of the order hall gear to see how viable that is.
Secondary stats on it are meh for my spec despite ilvl though...

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
At this point I would take even a "bad" legendary just to at least have one. Oh well I am not doing any content that requires it and I am usually in the top few DPS'ers in the raids I am in and in dungeons I am holding my own even though weak trash packs is not a strength of boomkin its not like the lack hurts me.

I would be pretty cheesed if I was a raider though the difference between the have a good legendary and the have nots can be pretty big.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The OH stuff only scales to 840 (850 for shoulders?)... which isn't that great. Couple of warforged drops on Mythic runs, regular drops from WQ go to 835. Even the LFR stuff is 835. I wouldn't blow OH resources on getting the OH set to 840.