World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I want to say they are changing that for 7.1? Or at least, they talked about getting gold on a bonus roll felt bad.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't play WoD nor know it was an issue then. That does sound stupid. Still, at least 1k and 2k order resources per week for a couple seals is pretty easy to do. Was it as easy to acquire in WoD?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
they were even cheaper in WoD. i usually just spend the gold on them, gold doesn't really matter at this point in the game other than to enchant new gear or buy pots.

what world boss is up this week, and does anyone have a copy of the class changes? I cant access any game forums other than this one while at work =/

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Order Hall resources should be used to buy seals after finishing upgrades.

Just sent out a mission for 1k resources that looks like it has a bonus loot drop off a mob in nightmare + a bonus reroll as the extra and I had a 197% chance of success on it so good bang for the buck reroll wise.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Of course there are exceptions. I didn't mean to imply that seals should be your only usage of OH resources. Just compared to gold, especially after finishing questing, it seems easier to accumulate 7k OH resources than it does 7k gold.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
The best way imo to handle this new item system is kind of annoying. Download Pawn or any other weighting / upgrade addon. Then install simcraft, go to the options and turn on all weighting. Then look at the type of player you think you are, and adjust those options. (You'll get slightly different weights depending on your play style and movement amount.) Run the simulation on your character and find the weights in the results. Switch back over to wow and put those weights into your weighting addon. That way you can simply scroll over whatever item to find its true upgrade value. My Mage for example, Gloves that give him 700 crit and 200 mastery at 850ilvl are better than gloves that are 470 Haste, 470 Versatility at 870ilvl.

Your class is going to be the deciding factor if your main stat is going to be the highest weight or not. Relics are the only thing that you're going to have to have to look at WoW logs over. If 80% of your damage comes from Shadow Word: Pain during a fight, then obviously a 15% increase to shadow word Pain is going to be a huge buff relic wise. In comparison to an increase in shadow damage by 1%.

So I did this.

Pawn comes with its own weights, which are strikingly different from what SimCraft suggests. I'm assuming I should go with what SimCraft recommends? See below?

( Pawn: v1: "Quesjîn_Active": Agility=0.32, Stamina=0.01, Ap=0.01, CritRating=0.53, HasteRating=0.42, MasteryRating=0.52, Versatility=0.79, Armor=6.54, BonusArmor=3.26, Dps=-0.02 )

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was on h2p and they swear up and down that, that trinket isn't good for s2m.I have the chrono shard the trinket off of heroic nyandra amd oak hearts and it seems like if I use the chrono shard I lose dps. I'm fucking lost when it comes to gearing. Where did you get most of yours? Heroic/mythic raids or where you running a specific mythic plus?

Once your weights are in, look through your journal and see what gear is out there for you. Pawn gives you the weights on the bottom of each gear piece. Then open your journal log, find the 850 version of what you're using - remember its weight, and then sift through other pieces of gears weight and compare. There are obviously BIS, which you can find pretty easily - but Relics, Trinkets, Rings and Necks that have procs are something you'll have to research.

That route just gives you a good idea of what mythics you should want to run over the others. My gear is a collection of everything. But with the legendaries I have, its pants on head retarded for me to run Maw of Souls for example, for any reason outside of trying to increase my max dungeon difficulty for the weekly chest. Being a good sport and friend is one thing, but grinding it is stupid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I did this.

Pawn comes with its own weights, which are strikingly different from what SimCraft suggests. I'm assuming I should go with what SimCraft recommends? See below?

( Pawn: v1: "Quesjîn_Active": Agility=0.32, Stamina=0.01, Ap=0.01, CritRating=0.53, HasteRating=0.42, MasteryRating=0.52, Versatility=0.79, Armor=6.54, BonusArmor=3.26, Dps=-0.02 )

I just use pawn for a platform. I have a little more faith in Simcraft than I do for the Pawn team. Plus, with simcraft - you can tailor it to your playstyle, and the amount of movement.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
It is insane that somebody needs to run simulationcraft in order to figure out what is an upgrade.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You should definitely spend 5 minutes looking over the action list simcraft uses for your spec. Ask yourself "do/can I even play this way?". For instance, if you're an arms warrior, the action list is heavily skewed by the assumption of focused rage, the possession of a few legendaries, and some artifact traits. So much so to the detriment of non focused rage builds will get incorrect dps scores and potentially bad weights.

You might find it worth your time to simplify the action lists like I have for fury and arms. It's a few hours. Or, at least, it was for me because I'm easily distracted and playing around with numbers like this is probably more fun the playing the game itself. But it pays off in the end to have confidence in the tool that's telling you which piece of gear to pick. Make simcraft is playing the way you play.

Vulg

Blizz should be embarrassed for shipping Mythic Xavius in its current state.

They really fucked up power creep in the initial tier, underestimating (as usual) the shit players and guilds do to gear up. Their laughable legendary system only exacerbated the issue - if you got the right one (or two!), you're looking at a 20-30% advantage over the poor luckless asshole who looted Sephuz's.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
For a decent amount of specs and also based on your current gear, your stat weights are going to swing a decent amount. Pawn has a very general set of stat weights but you definitely want to be simmimg yourself regularly as you get chunks of new gear to keep those weights accurate.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is insane that somebody needs to run simulationcraft in order to figure out what is an upgrade.

Yes, I agree. However, my secondary stats are so spread out. According to Icy Veins, two of my items are Best in Slot pre-raiding, which is a miracle, but my some of my other items have secondary stats that don't really apply to tanking. What sucks is I had a trinket that was BIS, but got rid of it because it didn't have any Stamina or Agility, just Haste and a proc, which I see now, would have been the shit.

Drat

Yes, I agree. However, my secondary stats are so spread out. According to Icy Veins, two of my items are Best in Slot pre-raiding, which is a miracle, but my some of my other items have secondary stats that don't really apply to tanking. What sucks is I had a trinket that was BIS, but got rid of it because it didn't have any Stamina or Agility, just Haste and a proc, which I see now, would have been the shit.

I too simcraft for upgrades because things just are not clear in some/many cases. It is just that they jacked up the stats so badly this expansion that I need an external tool. Somebody doing 50+% more damage than another person could simply be because they are running an external tool like simcraft. Its crazy. 8-10 years ago I would have eaten this level of computation needed up. I guess I am just old.

• 1Solidarity

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
It becomes too much like work, and less like a game. like PoE theorycrafting for the best build.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That sim seems off. I have never found myself not having Agility as the top stat for either class I play never mind second to last.