World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I feel we can make a cheeky One Ring rhyme out of this. Give me a bit and I'll try! At worst a shitty haiku.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I played around with the absorb neck on beta when they had the legendary vendor up and I can see it being useful from time to time (fights with unavoidable damage, questing on a squishy class with limited healing, etc.)

It is incredibly annoying to wear though. No matter what you're doing, be it fighting stuff or just standing around AFK in town, every 30 seconds the PW:S effect and sound goes off. After about an hour of this I unequipped it and hope I never get it on live. Reminded me of a leaky faucet dripping every 30 secs.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I honestly don't mind the shield neck. Even on Mythic+ I can get not attacked for 5 seconds between packs and get another 700k absorb. That's beneficial to some degree. I would still prefer ANY of the Brewmaster ones. Like fucking any of them. Maybe some day.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There's a "mod" on Curse that you can use for that shield neck. Mute Annoying WoW Sounds

Basically what it is, is a pack of sound files that cockblock the sounds in the game. You look up what sounds you want to get rid of, and delete all the other files except that one.

For the shield neck, you would keep "divineshield.ogg", and delete all the other files in the folder.

My hunter got that legendary neck some weeks back and I solved it with that. The sound goes off almost twice a minute, and anyone around that can hear it too. So screw it, I got rid of that particular sound altogether and I've never had an issue since.

On a side note, does anyone with the neck have any issues with logging out? It seems like sometimes my hunter doesn't get instant logouts in rested spots like inns. The garrison main hall being the biggest culprit.

Cybsled

I only used a few pieces of LW gear but shit with the right stats would be nice if you're willing to pay for it. I personally just farmed heroics and stuff. I'll finally be haste capped if I can get one of these two haste trinkets to drop for me.

Brewmaster is by far the most fun to play and they can really shine in Mythic+, they're only going to go up though! I will maintain that I get to be the The Last Brewmaster though. All y'all freeloading into my corner. :)

Pfft, I've been maining Brew since MoP came out. Although I didn't play WoD, because Archeage was more fun at the time ;p

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The ring isnt super horrible. I get 15% haste every 1.5 minutes as a DK. Mainly cause my only CC is from pet every 1.5 minutes. If I had a 40 second stun or something I could get 15% haste every 40 seconds. It still procs even if the boss is immune to CC.

The absorb neck is by far the worst one.
Guess which one *I* have -.-

That ring would be really nice for me, as ret.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Mythic Nythendra down to 30% first real night.

People are actually NOT standing in shit and that's causing problems we will have one or two breaths with 2-3 people mind controlled then 10+.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
well i ran Kara, fuck that place.

the trash in the beginning is aids, the pathing is a mess we had 2-3 times where we agro'd things through the floor or through walls due to thunderclap or the rogue who had the legendary leave that apparently cleaves through floors. the mobs also had this weird thing where they would all start casting the same spell at the same time instead of staggering it like normal packs of trash. most of the bosses were decently challenging, we had about 9 wipes on the last guy due to PUG healer being terrible and kept being blown off the side. The 2nd half of Kara i would definitely run again but the first half was just tedious and not really that fun. Curator is a major DPS check im not sure the average group would be able to hit the dps threshold required.

tldr; Blizzard is probably going to nerf Kara to be more accessible

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
we are looking for healers and ranged dps for mythic EN (also accepting any outstanding player as long as youre not a warlock or tank), we've had Heroic on farm since week 2 and have some very outstanding players. we just need people with a more consistent play time, raid times are tues/wed/thurs 830-1130 eastern (looking for people who can make at least 2 of the nights per week) we also have an optional raid on Sunday for alts / selling heroic clears.

originally we were "take my vol'jinity" you can look us up on warcraft logs to see the caliber of our dps (several players parsing in the 95+% range for their ilevel). We have recently reformed with a less stupid name "Ethereal", attached is a link to our site if youre interested in applying. please mention you saw this post on FoH in the "other factors" section if you apply.

thanks! Ethereal - Climbing The Ranks To Server Top 5

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
we are looking every 850+ fire mage pst, must be willing to spend 30$ to move to server for Mythic

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Curator is a huge fuck you. Both in terms of DPS and organization. The entire dungeon is a huge fuck you to melee and especially demon hunters. We had Myself, Kurn (Paladin heals), DK, DH and Mage who all pull 220k+ DPS. With this group comp it was a struggle. Especially for Curator since that fight is such a fuck you to melee. Moroes will be a PUGslayer though. No question.

Overall Curator took the most time by far. Last boss we wiped like 8 times just because it was 3AM and we made dumbass mistakes.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Any of Ya'll got or know good resto shamans?

What is the main spell you guys should be casting? I'm getting a LOT of conflicting information between Riptide/Healing Wave rotations and Chain Heal Spam.

This is in Mythic Raids btw.

I'd assume it's a combination of both and not just all one or another.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Curator is a huge fuck you. Both in terms of DPS and organization. The entire dungeon is a huge fuck you to melee and especially demon hunters. We had Myself, Kurn (Paladin heals), DK, DH and Mage who all pull 220k+ DPS. With this group comp it was a struggle. Especially for Curator since that fight is such a fuck you to melee. Moroes will be a PUGslayer though. No question.

Overall Curator took the most time by far. Last boss we wiped like 8 times just because it was 3AM and we made dumbass mistakes.

I thought Moroes was pretty easy if you just use the ghost traps and break them out 1 by 1. i think he was actually the only boss we one shot (i did die toward the end due to garrote stacks and had to be Battle rezzed).

Opera - too much HP, easy mechanics but tedious
Curator - we had to kick a pug dps druid pulling 130k because we were hitting second evocation with him still at 70%, no way you can kill him with that going on all dps need to be doing 200+ and you need lust/timewarp/drums if you brought all melee dps GG
Horsemen - as soon as we got the pugs to stack during the cleave we got him
Maiden - DBM says "stand in the gold stuff" which is not true you just run over to the gold stuff then run back, you cant heal through multiple stacks on the entire group
medievh - god damn is this melee unfriendly, our DH ended up just glaive throwing and running out every time medievh got max mana because of the instant death that occurs if he gets flamewreath
Mana worm - pretty easy, everyone only needs to soak 1-2 mana the rest generally wont cap him off but fuck the trash before him
eyeball guy - not that difficult, the giant balls of death is the only thing to really watch out for on the tiny platforms in the spaceship.... did we really just kill a beholder that is teleporting between spaceships?

What is the main spell you guys should be casting? I'm getting a LOT of conflicting information between Riptide/Healing Wave rotations and Chain Heal Spam.

a_skeleton_02 i know jack shit about healing but look at warcraftlogs.com check out the fights you're looking for and look at the shamans who are topping the meters it'll tell you what spell they cast and how many times. should give you some insight at the very least.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I thought Moroes was pretty easy if you just use the ghost traps and break them out 1 by 1. i think he was actually the only boss we one shot (i did die toward the end due to garrote stacks and had to be Battle rezzed).

Curator - we had to kick a pug dps druid pulling 130k because we were hitting second evocation with him still at 70%, no way you can kill him with that going on all dps need to be doing 200+ and you need lust/timewarp/drums if you brought all melee dps GG
Maiden - DBM says "stand in the gold stuff" which is not true you just run over to the gold stuff then run back, you cant heal through multiple stacks on the entire group
medievh - god damn is this melee unfriendly, our DH ended up just glaive throwing and running out every time medievh got max mana because of the instant death that occurs if he gets flamewreath
Mana worm - pretty easy, everyone only needs to soak 1-2 mana the rest generally wont cap him off but fuck the trash before him
eyeball guy - not that difficult, the giant balls of death is the only thing to really watch out for on the tiny platforms in the spaceship.... did we really just kill a beholder that is teleporting between spaceships?

a_skeleton_02 i know jack shit about healing but look at warcraftlogs.com check out the fights you're looking for and look at the shamans who are topping the meters it'll tell you what spell they cast and how many times. should give you some insight at the very least.

That's why i come here, every day I find a new resource.

God Bless you.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I'd agree with this. More info on Curator is that the adds he spawn can easily murder your party if not killed immediately. They can also spawn in spots that melee will not be able to get to due to the blue jizz you're managing the entire fight. You NEED to Lust on the second Evocation and you can't use too much real estate in the encounter area or you'll trap yourself at the end of the room and just die.

I say Moroes is a pug slayer just because people are fucking dumb and break the traps all the time. You just need to kill the mana drain bitch first. He does do a TON of dmg though. Overall the dungeon is really really cool after the first, gayer part. 10 year old dungeon/raid design is GAG. So much trash and clearing..

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Chain heal will drain your mana fast but if you're specced into High Tides it'll do a shit ton of healing. I'd say it should be a mix of both just as you said. Healing surge is trash in raids because the mana cost is too high. Of course if it's 70% crit chance because of Tidal Waves it could be argued it's worth it. But those Tidal Waves stacks are probably better used for fast cast Healing Waves.

So yeah, can ignore my mumbling and look at Warcraft logs at what the high end shaman are casting. I also personally haven't looked at the high end talents. I take EoE because having 2 charges of everything is amazing, but in some fights where you can plan out your Cloud burst totem it might be better.

I'll get my 2nd gold trait in my Resto arti today so that'll make 2 golds in Enh and Resto. Really love ranged dps and only went Enh because Ele was so bad in the beginning. Have 13 points in my Ele and will start boosting that up more.

• 1Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I've done everything useful for the week aside from Kara and a M+10. I may even look for a normal EN for giggles.

We started and finished Mythic Ursoc. Hooray for cheap(er) pots!