World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
doesn't higher m+ offer more shards?

either way fuck that stupid quest and the rewards for it. They should be 880 at minimum for 8 weeks of gated grinding.

khorum

Murder Apologist
m8 gave 3 shards. You can only get 10 shards per week max anyway. Unless you're super casual or hate m+ dungeons you'll easily get it in 8 weeks.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Rewards just do not make sense - also wasnt there a new quest to upgrade your legendary ilvl if you were lucky enough to get one by now?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Huh, I guess we're a little weird that my guildies pretty much loved Kara.

The nostalgia bit was fun but they could've switched things around with Moroes since it's more or less the same fight. The second half was great though. Make sure you hit alt-z before jumping down after curator for best results.

Really the only trouble we had was the spiders on the alternate route to Attunmen for the last crystal there. Fucking web spray just tore my alt pally tank and we missed the nightbane timer with a couple wipes. Other than that the whole instance was pretty fun.

I got the feeling this was the ideal content for the "casual core" audience that wanted challenging 5-man content, though it may be too long for some groups. Took us almost two hours the first time.
Yep. The new 5 man raids!

xzi

Mouthbreather
I absolutely loved Kara, but I spent 7 hours in it and it was not a good time. First time I felt really really good in a long time about killing bosses though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Is there any reason in picking up blacksmithing at this point in the expansion?
No. It potentially makes you 855 spec-optimal armor, at an enormous cost. By the time you make your first 855 piece, you're probably going to be 830+ average from WQ. By the time you make your second 855 piece, you're probably 850 average from mythics+WB... and that's assuming you're absolutely not raiding with that char.

It IS somewhat useful, but the investment is far too big.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
If you have the gold it's far better just to gear up with WQs and buy crafted shit off AH to fill any holes. It's roughly 20-30k to buy a crafted piece with your optimal stats and the 8 obliterium needed to upgrade it to 855. Which is probably less than it will take to craft the piece yourself and craft enough shit to melt for the 8 oblits, not to mention the time involved.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So I am looking to move off my Warrior for the time being into another main (have always had the warrior as a main dating back to '04). How are people enjoying the mage (fire), monk (windwalker), & demon hunter (havoc)? Anyone played all three this expansion? I enjoyed the demon hunter intro, but I guess my only worry is how squishy they were for a melee, and all the movement within the rotation.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
In regards to the mage, I mained mage from the end of BC through the first Tier of Cata. Always kept my reputations up on the character because I have nearly all of them maxed. My raid guild needed ranged dps so I thought I'd use my mage since I've maintained the character all this time and I could kill two birds with one stone.

The damage is there in all scenarios, you have great AoE dmg, great burst. Pretty much how it works is you do awesome burst and so so damage in between cool downs. So on the meters you have super high peaks and small bumps inbetween. Sounds good right? The catch for me was your overall damage is tied to how well you know the fight and if you can execute maximum burst windows. So if the boss decides you need a debuff and your in a rune of power your damage takes a huge dive to the shitter. If you are smart enough to find moments when you can stand still for 10-15 seconds and execute a rotation you're golden.

What kills it for me is everything is tied to rune of power usage and hardcasting fireballs feels painfully slow. I prefer a more active rotation style of play these days rather than the proc fishing burst rotation style the mage now has. I didn't really realize how much I hate my mage until I started playing an enhancement shaman. That class has a more fast paced style that requires a more constant spamming of buttons. Windwalker monk operates in the same way as enhancement shaman. If you want further information we can talk more specific in game.

TLDR I hate rune of power and I want to spam 2 really hard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It is pretty terrible that you don't get at least one of those shards for finishing a non-Mythic dungeon. The rewards themselves are aimed squarely at the people who are doing daily heroic plus WQs, yet in doing such I have yet to get a single shard.

At this point I don't fully understand why they don't just add Mythic0 to the LFG tool.

• 2Solidarity

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
It is pretty terrible that you don't get at least one of those shards for finishing a non-Mythic dungeon. The rewards themselves are aimed squarely at the people who are doing daily heroic plus WQs, yet in doing such I have yet to get a single shard.

At this point I don't fully understand why they don't just add Mythic0 to the LFG tool.

Yeah they could have added m0 to he queue system to go along with the Kara attunement process which might have gave people the nudge they needed to step into higher level content. It certainly made me think about getting into m+ farming, just finding a group that wants to put in he time to grind some out is the trick.

Btw if anyone want to farm m+ on saturday nights alliance side hit me up :)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
As much as I do enjoy raids. I am all about challenging five man stuff. While I dislike some of the old design shit in Karzahn, I love it overall and I also love Mythic+ like I said.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am a raider at heart. Always will be. It's the one thing in this game I really look forward to every week.

Last night I even yelled at Alkorin jokingly when he died on nyth

I tried to be a bad ass but it didn't come through

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
As much as I do enjoy raids. I am all about challenging five man stuff. While I dislike some of the old design shit in Karzahn, I love it overall and I also love Mythic+ like I said.
The only thing I don't love about that is you are usually stuck with 4 people and they don't want to play with other people.

During Cata is when FoH quit raiding and I joined a 10 man guild doing heroic raids at the time. That was the perfect amount of people to have a good time but it led to no flexibility.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks Gonz, not a huge fan of the rune either. Really debating on monk or DH now. Never played the monk and did the trial thing last night. Honestly seems kinda fun, and hearing it described always sounded awful.

So we are into Mythic Dragons in EN... Fuck, if I had a dollar for how many times I call for someone to stand in the dread horror "tree" spawns! We have one Holy priest that dies every single pull, and all of range is permanently asleep at their desks.

Is Reneferal any easier? I shouldn't complain, we have only had 21 pulls on Dragons and we should kill it next week. Heard Il'Gynoth was a bitch on mythic.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
BKHqy7M.jpg

733.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Thanks Gonz, not a huge fan of the rune either. Really debating on monk or DH now. Never played the monk and did the trial thing last night. Honestly seems kinda fun, and hearing it described always sounded awful.

So we are into Mythic Dragons in EN... Fuck, if I had a dollar for how many times I call for someone to stand in the dread horror "tree" spawns! We have one Holy priest that dies every single pull, and all of range is permanently asleep at their desks.

Is Reneferal any easier? I shouldn't complain, we have only had 21 pulls on Dragons and we should kill it next week. Heard Il'Gynoth was a bitch on mythic.

Reneferal is easier imo. We killed/kill him second on mythic runs, then Ursoc, and then dragons......then the annoying tree

Dalien

Registered Hodor
So if the boss decides you need a debuff and your in a rune of power your damage takes a huge dive to the shitter. If you are smart enough to find moments when you can stand still for 10-15 seconds and execute a rotation you're golden.

TLDR I hate rune of power and I want to spam 2 really hard.

I kinda wish they would nerf rune of power at this point so we wouldn't feel forced to take it. +50% damage to our burst phase is just too good to pass up. But like you said the damn thing feels like a mechanics magnet, seems like every time you cast rune you get targeted by boss AIDS immediately. It's especially obnoxious in 5mans if you're the only ranged DPS because a lot of bosses have mechanics that only target ranged.