World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I mean... legion pathfinder doesn't even work on travel form. OP my ass.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Yeah Warriors are so fucking the best tank by miles, that Sco from Method hasn't even been able to tank a fucking Mythic15.. but Guardian druids have, in fact Guardian Druids are the only tanks who have to my knowledge.. If you wanna contribute at least do some fucking research.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Scogun/achievement#168:15254

If this guy isn't geared enough for them then were is a fucking problem. I already said that DK, DH, and Brew needed some balance as well but don't try and play the Warriors are op shit when you are talking out of your asshole.

Also again if you can read past a kindergarten level, I started off with the fact that we are currently viable but scale the worst, if you are unfamiliar with the meaning of the word scaling then there is no point in you posting.

Guardian is preferred for M+15 because of battle rez, stampeding roar, and the offspec affinities. AFAIK the only healers to complete +15 are resto Druid and disc Priest, that doesn't mean all the other healers are shit.

Warrior is the best parsing Mythic raid tank by quite a lot.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Me and ZyyzYzzy bounce back and forth on effectiveness as tanks. But we're only doing heroic. Also I don't do higher than +5

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know his reasons but I'll throw my thoughts in on as to why someone might. From a Prot warrior perspective we are designed horribly in this expansion. Currently we are a viable tank but as the content scales we will fall further and further behind.

1. Rage from Damage Taken - This mechanic is awful, it was awful in Vanilla when warriors had to strip gear on purpose to take more damage for rage and it has been shitty every time they try and bring it back. No other tank is forced to deal with this bullshit as they all have control over their own resources. It actually punishes you as your mitigation increases.

2. Ignore Pain - Ignore pain is a very flawed design and is/will suffer from the same issue shield barrier had, it scales very fucking poorly and even more so after the 33% nerf. While morons were throwing shit fits that warriors were jesus on 5 man normals due to Ignore Pain they forgot to look at the fact that it's scaling is terrible and already in Heroic EN+ , and higher end Mythics you are better off gearing for haste to lower your GCD to maximize shield block over even thinking about ignore pain. This issue is compounded by the fact that almost every aspect of our shitty artifact is tied to this bag of shit ability. What is even worse was how this ability would show up on healing meters leading dipshits to think warriors had actual healing. We are the only tanks with no viable self healing mechanic.

3. Legendaries - The warrior Prot legendaries are pretty meh in total, we have no game changing legendary item like some of the other classes have such as Guardian Druids with their 2 swipe legendaries that have amazing senergy with one another and increase their mitigation a significant amount. Our best legendary simply gives us a small bonus to devastate and shield slam.

4. DPS/Utility - In this area we are the weakest of all the tanks, we have the lowest single target and AoE DPS of all the tanks as well as bringing very little utility. We take hits to the face and that's about it, and Bliz won't even let us be that best at that. When you look at the current state of the game which is mostly Mythic/Mythic+ content single target a Warrior will hit 150k vs a Druid 200k that's a 25% difference which is made even worse when you see their AoE damage compared to ours. We don't bring the utility such as Battle Rez, or group movement speed like druids do. When so much of the game is based around the piss poor diablo3 greater rift design where speed is everything that utility is so important.

So while we are in a viable position now as the other tanks start filling out all their traits in the Artifacts, as the gear scales higher we're going to fall further and further behind. Already the geared paladins are starting to surpass warriors and druids are straight up top in every department even though they are meant to be jack of all trades masters of none instead of this fucking best at everything in all areas bullshit we have now. I still think there needs to be some balance passes to DK's, DH's, and Brewmasters. Although the more I look at DH's and them being the new tanks on the block I think it's a player issue as so many opt for extra self healing over better mitigation and higher uptime of Demon Spikes but that's another story.

Our rotation is very rigid and boring, we are pretty much locked into Ultimatum because of rage starvation at all times since the nerfs, and because Rage from damage taken is a shit mechanic, and lets not even mention the extra rage joke of talents in our artifact. I enjoy the class for what it is and have played Warrior through up's and down's since Vanilla but it's hard to want to in the current state.

Now on the other side for DPS, warriors suffer from the same utility issues but I think they are in a better spot that people like to admit, yes they are middle of the pack and subject to some RNG but so are specs like outlaw. They recently buffed fury and lowered the extra damage taken which was a good choice as their is no real reason they should be subject to that horseshit design choice. Right now warriors are abysmal in PvP which if that's something of interest to you then I would reroll off Warrior in a heartbeat.

I can't speak to most of your post as I'm not playing bleeding edge content. But regarding rotation boredom, that's part of the reason I picked druid as my alt. I know prot warrior rotation doens't take a lot of attention, but guardian feels like even less. I'd rather pay attention to what's going on around me as a tank(or even just as a raider) than have to watch for rotation procs/buffs/debuffs/etc. What tank would you consider has an acceptable rotation?

Also, there's something that really bugs me about gearing for haste instead of versatility. Maybe at my gear level, versatility is just so much better. I understand the concept of damage spikes and smoothing them

joz123

Potato del Grande
If you wanna play a tank where you have to pay attention play DH. Holy shit if you don't time stuff right your HP drops fast. Their aoe dmg is amazing though and they are fun if not stressful to play.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
One thing you need to realize Deathwing is there's not a whole lot of versatility gear dropping. Keeping shield block up is reliable mitigation, and stacking haste assures that.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I remember that once someone mentions it, just always forget it since I don't raid that often. It is stupid that they made some secondary stats so good as to indirectly screw some spec with horrible itemization.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I proced Rank 3 Seventh Demon flask five minutes after getting the second recipe from the dungeon.

Apparently it's really rare but I was making a stack of potions for friend and it appeared in my inventory.

When I proc'd it friday I had 6k gold to my name and now I have over 75 thanks to these procs.

I dont even know what to do with the money. What do people buy?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I officially hate you now, i've made like 300 rank 2 flasks and another 500 or so rank 2 dps potions sofar, no procs

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I proced Rank 3 Seventh Demon flask five minutes after getting the second recipe from the dungeon.

Apparently it's really rare but I was making a stack of potions for friend and it appeared in my inventory.

When I proc'd it friday I had 6k gold to my name and now I have over 75 thanks to these procs.

Slaves and @Mist 's heart

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Monthly playtime?