World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone else notice a hit to mana regen? I used to be able to constantly cast PW:S as I moved, but that last patch seems to have pretty much stopped that. Mana regen seems to be about 3 seconds behind a recast on that once Im oom. Big hit to utility as well. Shadow Mend was super powerful, and still is, but cant cast it but maybe twice now. Basically gutted any type of utility gained from trying to help heals in tight situations.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So I am looking to move off my Warrior for the time being into another main (have always had the warrior as a main dating back to '04). How are people enjoying the mage (fire), monk (windwalker), & demon hunter (havoc)? Anyone played all three this expansion? I enjoyed the demon hunter intro, but I guess my only worry is how squishy they were for a melee, and all the movement within the rotation.
Just curious, why are you benching your warrior? I have my own problems with the prot spec, so I'm enjoying bear more now. But don't think I'll stop playing him.

Last edited:

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Considering what specs he is asking about I would think he is probably a dps warrior. One spec is inherently broken and while the buffs are at least something they don't really fix the inherent gearing issues and non intuitive play that fury brings. After Arms got smacked down its a middle of the pack spec that feels like absolute ass to play. Tactician blows.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I joined a LFR today and there were 2 Brew tanks. Someone said "holy shit, 2 brewmaster tanks! We're all going to get legendaries!". Then we killed Xavius and I got one...but it was the shitty Symbiote one ;/

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Considering what specs he is asking about I would think he is probably a dps warrior. One spec is inherently broken and while the buffs are at least something they don't really fix the inherent gearing issues and non intuitive play that fury brings. After Arms got smacked down its a middle of the pack spec that feels like absolute ass to play. Tactician blows.

What inherent gearing issues does fury have? And what's non-intuitive about the spec? I like that the priority list is pretty straight forward.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What inherent gearing issues does fury have? And what's non-intuitive about the spec? I like that the priority list is pretty straight forward.

IDK maybe artifact path, it's a little awkward you dump a ton then get two golds pretty late comparatively.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Just started getting my warrior from 100-110 leveling as Arms. I don't hate it yet but it seems that to do good DPS you are relying on RNGjesus to keep Colossus Smash on your target. This fucks you dirty like Outlaw Roll the Bones. I don't mind the focused rage thing much yet. But I leveled this one to have another tank so I am not too miffed about it. I'll DPS in raids with him though.

• 1Solidarity

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone else notice a hit to mana regen? I used to be able to constantly cast PW:S as I moved, but that last patch seems to have pretty much stopped that. Mana regen seems to be about 3 seconds behind a recast on that once Im oom. Big hit to utility as well. Shadow Mend was super powerful, and still is, but cant cast it but maybe twice now. Basically gutted any type of utility gained from trying to help heals in tight situations.

I'm not sure about our mana regeneration but they raised the mana cost of pw:shield so that might be part if the problem

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Bring back tokens, just make 1 token for the slot for everyone, none of that shitty 4 different ones so you can have them rotting for warlocks while everyone else goes without.

Tokens still exist afaik, they will be in Nighthold for tier armor.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Just curious, why are you benching your warrior? I have my own problems with the prot spec, so I'm enjoying bear more now. But don't think I'll stop playing him.

I don't know his reasons but I'll throw my thoughts in on as to why someone might. From a Prot warrior perspective we are designed horribly in this expansion. Currently we are a viable tank but as the content scales we will fall further and further behind.

1. Rage from Damage Taken - This mechanic is awful, it was awful in Vanilla when warriors had to strip gear on purpose to take more damage for rage and it has been shitty every time they try and bring it back. No other tank is forced to deal with this bullshit as they all have control over their own resources. It actually punishes you as your mitigation increases.

2. Ignore Pain - Ignore pain is a very flawed design and is/will suffer from the same issue shield barrier had, it scales very fucking poorly and even more so after the 33% nerf. While morons were throwing shit fits that warriors were jesus on 5 man normals due to Ignore Pain they forgot to look at the fact that it's scaling is terrible and already in Heroic EN+ , and higher end Mythics you are better off gearing for haste to lower your GCD to maximize shield block over even thinking about ignore pain. This issue is compounded by the fact that almost every aspect of our shitty artifact is tied to this bag of shit ability. What is even worse was how this ability would show up on healing meters leading dipshits to think warriors had actual healing. We are the only tanks with no viable self healing mechanic.

3. Legendaries - The warrior Prot legendaries are pretty meh in total, we have no game changing legendary item like some of the other classes have such as Guardian Druids with their 2 swipe legendaries that have amazing senergy with one another and increase their mitigation a significant amount. Our best legendary simply gives us a small bonus to devastate and shield slam.

4. DPS/Utility - In this area we are the weakest of all the tanks, we have the lowest single target and AoE DPS of all the tanks as well as bringing very little utility. We take hits to the face and that's about it, and Bliz won't even let us be that best at that. When you look at the current state of the game which is mostly Mythic/Mythic+ content single target a Warrior will hit 150k vs a Druid 200k that's a 25% difference which is made even worse when you see their AoE damage compared to ours. We don't bring the utility such as Battle Rez, or group movement speed like druids do. When so much of the game is based around the piss poor diablo3 greater rift design where speed is everything that utility is so important.

So while we are in a viable position now as the other tanks start filling out all their traits in the Artifacts, as the gear scales higher we're going to fall further and further behind. Already the geared paladins are starting to surpass warriors and druids are straight up top in every department even though they are meant to be jack of all trades masters of none instead of this fucking best at everything in all areas bullshit we have now. I still think there needs to be some balance passes to DK's, DH's, and Brewmasters. Although the more I look at DH's and them being the new tanks on the block I think it's a player issue as so many opt for extra self healing over better mitigation and higher uptime of Demon Spikes but that's another story.

Our rotation is very rigid and boring, we are pretty much locked into Ultimatum because of rage starvation at all times since the nerfs, and because Rage from damage taken is a shit mechanic, and lets not even mention the extra rage joke of talents in our artifact. I enjoy the class for what it is and have played Warrior through up's and down's since Vanilla but it's hard to want to in the current state.

Now on the other side for DPS, warriors suffer from the same utility issues but I think they are in a better spot that people like to admit, yes they are middle of the pack and subject to some RNG but so are specs like outlaw. They recently buffed fury and lowered the extra damage taken which was a good choice as their is no real reason they should be subject to that horseshit design choice. Right now warriors are abysmal in PvP which if that's something of interest to you then I would reroll off Warrior in a heartbeat.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Warrior is still the best tank by miles, it's just not now so game-breakingly overpowered that raiding with any other tanks was basically 19-manning it because using Warrior tanks meant you needed 1 healer less. 18x AP for Ignore Pain is way, way stronger than equivalent effects on other tanks. Warriors generate about 1 rage per 2% of max HP damage taken, IP is about four times as strong as the Monk and DH equivalents.

DK is absolute shit-tier garbage and does not count as a real tank. 16% damage reduction from their "high uptime" defensive ability is just fucking hilarious in comparison to Warriors who are getting 45-50% from Shield Block.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah Warriors are so fucking the best tank by miles, that Sco from Method hasn't even been able to tank a fucking Mythic15.. but Guardian druids have, in fact Guardian Druids are the only tanks who have to my knowledge.. If you wanna contribute at least do some fucking research.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Scogun/achievement#168:15254

If this guy isn't geared enough for them then were is a fucking problem. I already said that DK, DH, and Brew needed some balance as well but don't try and play the Warriors are op shit when you are talking out of your asshole.

Also again if you can read past a kindergarten level, I started off with the fact that we are currently viable but scale the worst, if you are unfamiliar with the meaning of the word scaling then there is no point in you posting.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What do you mean bro blizzard said they made it so we'd still get rage gen with good gear. Are you telling me it's not working as intended? ? !

Oh you're right, it's not. My rage generation in lower tier stuff is ass.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I enjoy playing my warrior as a tank but I'm disappointed with how hard we were hit. Druids are absolute Kings right now. Given the choice of 2x druid or 1x druid and 1x warrior there's no comparison. Even a LESSER GEARED druid would be a better choice.

The other tanks. . . What the fuck is taking blizzard so long to fix them? No one wants them for anything

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yeah Warriors are so fucking the best tank by miles, that Sco from Method hasn't even been able to tank a fucking Mythic15.. but Guardian druids have, in fact Guardian Druids are the only tanks who have to my knowledge.. If you wanna contribute at least do some fucking research.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Scogun/achievement#168:15254

If this guy isn't geared enough for them then were is a fucking problem. I already said that DK, DH, and Brew needed some balance as well but don't try and play the Warriors are op shit when you are talking out of your asshole.

Also again if you can read past a kindergarten level, I started off with the fact that we are currently viable but scale the worst, if you are unfamiliar with the meaning of the word scaling then there is no point in you posting.

By the way the world first Mythic 15 was a VoTW and it was with a warrior tank (I think it was a world first, maybe it was a US first?)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Do you have a link to that anywhere? Every group I have seen has been a guardian druid.

US First Mythic +15?.
World first Darkheart Thicket Mythic +15 • /r/wow
2 Realm First Mythic +15s + Other High M+ Vids

I did find a Tichondruis clear with a Prot Tank, and after going through a few of some, Alkizor and a few others have managed to down them as Prot War..

Still doesn't change the fact that the number of druids to warriors clearing them aren't even close. And each video shows the dps dispairy between the classes even more.