World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm pretty sure WoW would have failed if it had released like this. At 17 now I still only have the imp as a proper pet, I have so many few second skills as if I was playing a MOBA or something.

No surprise their player base plummeted.
Yeah they pruned each spec so there's literally one playstyle and no wiggle room. It's definitely a downside.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
They prune abilities to give to other classes really - Rogue smoke bomb was recolored and given to DHs which is admittedly lame -

bytes

Molten Core Raider
How do healers play through Legion, especially druids? If you actually pick the heal spec first you can't get anything done so I guess you're locked into the moonkin because it shares the same stats? Bear would probably be really comfortable but if you do that you don't have any healer gear at 110.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They need to do something to the match making system. The more cross server stuff we have, the less important people become. There is no elitism or anything similar behind that, either. I clearly see both sides of the argument here and anyone else should too. These guys getting into these mythic + groups and bailing for any petty reason or just for their own laugh is a serious issue for some people. Make more friends is fine, but once you have a group of friends and you group together a lot - you run into the same problem you had before friends when they arent on or have other plans. Not to mention, people are unpredictable and you dont know exactly who you're grouping with after just one run either.

I dont think that player evaluations is the way to go. In this particular situation, you have a very similar setup to MOBA matches. If the system was more flushed out, you could clearly see how many times a person has done that particular dungeon on that particular difficulty under that specific role. For example: You bring up a Tanks profile. Under Tank, he has completed this +15 dungeon one hundred times. 5 successes at 3 star, 15 successes at 2 star, 25 successes at 1 star, 52 successes outside of timer and 3 incomplete runs. Simply seeing that ratio of success probably means he isnt a shit bag and you should be thankful to have him. On the other hand, if you have a tank thats at one 3 star, 4 two star, 8 one star, 12, completions, and 15 incomplete runs, hes likely a shit bag. Being careful not to award "medals" and shit people will be assholes about and "require" in order to group. See? Isnt that system simple?

Now if you want to give incentive even further and have SOMETHING controlled by the player - Give the player the option to leave a POSITIVE note on someones ranking by having a drop down menu of "Helpful", "Team Player" "Friendly" and give small incremental bonuses for reaching certain goals. Receive 50 Helpfuls? 10% more gold from monsters inside dungeons. Receive 50 "Friendly" votes? Receive 200 Order Hall Resources per Dungeon. Receive 50 Team Player votes? Receive 5% Healing / Damage / Less Damage Taken. Examples off the top of my head of course. Also, votes would be Account-unique so you wouldnt have Tom, Jerry and Sam fucking the system.

This shit isnt rocket science, and there isnt any need for it to be hard. Just wish blizzard would go back to their roots and take obviously good ideas from other games and make them better.

As for the upcoming plans? Im pretty excited. Adding another layer onto World Quests with the invasions seems like it may break up the monotony of doing them over and over, too. Though, I somehow feel like Flying is going to be gated behind invasions in some kind of way.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How do healers play through Legion, especially druids? If you actually pick the heal spec first you can't get anything done so I guess you're locked into the moonkin because it shares the same stats? Bear would probably be really comfortable but if you do that you don't have any healer gear at 110.
Healers all have some DPS abilities. The trade off for the lower DPS is that you can't die. You are literally invincible as a healer spec, so you can take on all the elites, etc. Similar to a tank spec I suppose. And gear for nearly every slot just changes based on what spec you are. The only slots that don't do this are trinkets, and neck/rings no longer have main stat (agi, int, str).

So you have a head slot piece, when you switch to Restoration, it would have Intellect on it, when you would switch to guardian, that same piece of gear has Agility on it. This is for a Druid, but it works the same for every class.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To be honest I was just happy to get something. I know it's a running joke in the guild that I play 1 hr a week but I've been in a ton of groups and seen at least 30 Legos drop for others.
Is it still a joke if it's true? You called out last night who wanted to do some Mythics so you didn't have to PuG it, and I go to check, and you already logged off. Guess you didn't run the Mythics? lol...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can't wait to unlock druid man-bear-pig artifact appearance...
Hulk bear? Bear Hulk? Either, looks fucking awesome. Can't even tell what's the different about the cat form. Something like those man cats from wod would have been sweet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is it still a joke if it's true? You called out last night who wanted to do some Mythics so you didn't have to PuG it, and I go to check, and you already logged off. Guess you didn't run the Mythics? lol...
I play like 10 to 15 hours a week man. When no one responded I logged for 20 minutes and came back to pug them. I needed a snack after everyone kept fucking dying in the raid.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Hulk bear? Bear Hulk? Either, looks fucking awesome. Can't even tell what's the different about the cat form. Something like those man cats from wod would have been sweet.

You can kinda do this as a non-druid :p

Bloodmane Charm

Also, Nov 3 Hotfix:

Experience rewarded from queuing for "Random Legion Dungeon" (Normal difficulty) has been increased by 150%.

Wonder if they're worth doing to level now?

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I play like 10 to 15 hours a week man. When no one responded I logged for 20 minutes and came back to pug them. I needed a snack after everyone kept fucking dying in the raid.

Ya sorry about that. glad I didn't cause you to drink!

Daidraco Daidraco any advice on getting passed 95 -100 void stacks? Im constantly dieing about 15 seconds away from my 3rd torrent I disperse right after second torrent and use pi around 70. if I wait much later I'm 50/50 on dieing
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/andorhal/Ilyena/simple

also which trinkets do you recommend on top of what i have equiped i have the crono shard, oakhart and twisting?

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well a shadow priest dying from whatever their dps does is different. People dying immediately on a boss multiple times is a problem

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Spider is much more about mechanics. A solid group gets it in about 30 tries (good for you if you did it in less, want a handy?) when it just becomes doing the lil dance by the numbers.

Ursoc requires like... healers blasting the boss on pull and *every* dps being strongly and confidently at 300k single target or higher (aka NOT: oh this one time I hit 301k!).

I did 432k on Ursoc this week and we still hit enrage. At some point I'm gonna have to accept that the only way out of this terrible player hell is to be willing to raid more than two nights per week.

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

Daidraco

Ya sorry about that. glad I didn't cause you to drink!

Daidraco Daidraco any advice on getting passed 95 -100 void stacks? Im constantly dieing about 15 seconds away from my 3rd torrent I disperse right after second torrent and use pi around 70. if I wait much later I'm 50/50 on dieing
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/andorhal/Ilyena/simple

also which trinkets do you recommend on top of what i have equiped i have the crono shard, oakhart and twisting?

Thats not an easy question to answer. You're at the pinnacle of haste on that character. You hit stuff really fast without a lot of "Mmph!" in other words. Still topping meters, because plain and simple - you're a S2M Spriest. But look at it this way, start looking for gear thats flip flopped from what you're currently doing. High Crit, Low Haste. More Crit = more damage, more auspicious spirits which generate 4 insanity per spirit and they dont cost you any GCD. You may not reach the time you're looking for - but you'lll do more damage. Above 10k Haste, crit actually weighs .33 more than haste if math makes it sound better. Wish I could help you more, but dont get distracted by trying to reach max timer.

Trinkets is easy from that selection, if they're all equal'ish item level. Crono Shard would put you into such a high haste that it would be wasted in most situations. Oakhearts gnarled root has been parsed out and is trash. The Versatility has a weight of less than 1, to boot. Twisting Wind has been parsed out and although it doesnt have any secondary stats - its still higher damage returns than the other two you listed. Ranked BiS next to your Arcano in most guides.

Sorry Im not more help in answering your specific question, but hopefully the response steers you in a better direction.If you're still adament about your direction - try Power infusion at 70, use a GCD, then use your Mind Bender - that instant cast builder should net you the push you want.

-Edit- Most of the stuff I said is based off information you can gather from H2P, AskmrRobot Forums etc. I just summed it up to you so Im not speaking out of my ass for example. I geared myself towards a more rounded approach so Im still desirable in high Mythic dungeons. Sticking to 8k Haste minimum and stacking Crit. 12k Haste is very raid specific and only for a few bosses.

Last edited:

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Thats not an easy question to answer. You're at the pinnacle of haste on that character. You hit stuff really fast without a lot of "Mmph!" in other words. Still topping meters, because plain and simple - you're a S2M Spriest. But look at it this way, start looking for gear thats flip flopped from what you're currently doing. High Crit, Low Haste. More Crit = more damage, more auspicious spirits which generate 4 insanity per spirit and they dont cost you any GCD. You may not reach the time you're looking for - but you'lll do more damage. Above 10k Haste, crit actually weighs .33 more than haste if math makes it sound better. Wish I could help you more, but dont get distracted by trying to reach max timer.

Trinkets is easy from that selection, if they're all equal'ish item level. Crono Shard would put you into such a high haste that it would be wasted in most situations. Oakhearts gnarled root has been parsed out and is trash. The Versatility has a weight of less than 1, to boot. Twisting Wind has been parsed out and although it doesnt have any secondary stats - its still higher damage returns than the other two you listed. Ranked BiS next to your Arcano in most guides.

Sorry Im not more help in answering your specific question, but hopefully the response steers you in a better direction.If you're still adament about your direction - try Power infusion at 70, use a GCD, then use your Mind Bender - that instant cast builder should net you the push you want.

-Edit- Most of the stuff I said is based off information you can gather from H2P, AskmrRobot Forums etc. I just summed it up to you so Im not speaking out of my ass for example. I geared myself towards a more rounded approach so Im still desirable in high Mythic dungeons. Sticking to 8k Haste minimum and stacking Crit. 12k Haste is very raid specific and only for a few bosses.

Do you run s2m in mythic?

Daidraco

Do you run s2m in mythic?

Mostly when I forget to change talents tbh, but again, it depends on your group and the difficulty. Using legacy of the void over S2M is something you're going to have to judge. If the group you're in is all doing 300k+, and you're only doing a 7 - you'll never reach a time length thatll let you get any benefit from it and you'll actually just slow the group down every 10 minutes. That same group at +10 with some +HP affixes and S2M is going to be worth it again. If the group is a ~230k average group, then S2M at 7 would make sense, too. Joining a random Pug Mythic? If you have a good 8-10k haste, and 9-11k crit, you'll do good damage with just Legacy of the Void. Fights do not last long enough, or have too many dead moments even with a 200k group to run S2M in Kara.

We've got a Class Discussion subforum here, but I guess if you arent flagged for the guild you cant see it.