World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
any knowledgeable folks that can speak to how good DPS Demon hunters are in mythic+, and how complicated they are to play?
You've seen my shitty geared DH havent you? Does crazy AoE dmg in myth+. They are very uncomplicated you just have to be kind of twitchy with felrush as you need to keep your momentum buff up as much as possible from it. Honestly I dont think you would handle it well with your laptop and shitty connection.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Scared to think how low my crit will be after patch goes live with stat changes, makes me want reforging back.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
any knowledgeable folks that can speak to how good DPS Demon hunters are in mythic+, and how complicated they are to play?

Very strong in mythic 10 and lower. Higher mythics they lose a little steam but they are still good. Rotation is stupid simple. Tiny amount of skills to worry about and no target swapping. Any difficultly comes from the fact you have to dash on CD to maximize their DPS. That means you're charging 20yards across mobs every 10 seconds which can be tiresome and annoying if there's crap on the ground that you want to avoid. A lot of re-positioning your camera and character.

That said that play style and build has been nerfed on the PTR so it's doubtful it will survive the next patch. How DH's will play in a couple of months is anyone's guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
Great AE burst and almost too much mobility. They don't bring that much utility though.

For mythic+ ? Sure they do - 1 min cooldown AOE stun is huge, and darkness is pretty handy.

Ironically the mobility is mostly theoretical because it's all used on cooldown for the dps rotation.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Momentum is pure aids in raids, it getting brought down is much better long term for DH even if they need to get some numbers tweaks later.

Positioning is too precise in Mythics to be farting around everywhere on wings.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Reforging really is the best option because blizz has no fucking idea what the're doing

Yeah this makes me sad, theyre clueless and just randomly fuckin with shit it seems - I also thought 7.1.5 was coming out quicker than it seems with how they said shit would be at blizzcon - thankfully theyre wrong bc it looks like a clusterfuck.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For mythic+ ? Sure they do - 1 min cooldown AOE stun is huge, and darkness is pretty handy.

Ironically the mobility is mostly theoretical because it's all used on cooldown for the dps rotation.

Shockwave is 20s ideally and nobody is clamoring for dps warriors. To be clear, for dps, burst ae and mobility are pretty significant utility themselves. It's the reason feral and balance are near the bottom despite pretty useful utility in brez and roar/innervate .

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So I wasn't wrong, I got my only useful legendary on my DH tank. You know, the one out of 6 classes I have over 100, and never intended anything serious for.

That said, forget name off hand, but its the DH tank wrist. Takes 8 sec off CD of sigils with every cleave. The way I see that is, near infinite AoE silences for M+ and trash. Not bad, guess I'll have to tank a bit now.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Just pugged Heroic Helya for the first time and got her down (never tried pre-nerf). Phase 2 is now (and I guess intentionally) the cooldown phase where everyone resets, regains mana and is essentially a cake walk. Phases 1 and 3 are chaos. Absolute AIDS as a Holy Priest since my mobility is shit and I have only Renew as an instacast + my cooldowns. First time I have felt that "holy shit" high upon beating a boss in years though.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Just pugged Heroic Helya for the first time and got her down (never tried pre-nerf). Phase 2 is now (and I guess intentionally) the cooldown phase where everyone resets, regains mana and is essentially a cake walk. Phases 1 and 3 are chaos. Absolute AIDS as a Holy Priest since my mobility is shit and I have only Renew as an instacast + my cooldowns. First time I have felt that "holy shit" high upon beating a boss in years though.
This is embarrassing to admit, but my 7/7M guild wiped 30+ times on prenerf H Helya. We killed her in a couple pulls post nerf (that kill could probably be attributed more to roster changes than the nerf, but it's astounding to me that H Helya was ostensibly harder than M Xavius).

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Websites working fine but WoW has a ping of 1500-2k and frequent disconnects. Thought it was just my shitty internet but nope, they're getting DDoS'd again.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good Suramaritan

A couple of the parts for Good Suramaritan are "go to the area and do the questline" which sucks, but it also unlocks easy dailies there (and you can do the leyline and teleporter stuff there).

Moon Guard Stronghold, Telanor, and the Jarl stuff are all "walk into there" with minor/no breadcrumb quests. The Trex questline is also, you do a pre-req out near the eastern FP, and then have to find the guy again in the city and then you can do the Trex daily.

Last quest of one of the lines... not sure how I missed it or why I skipped it but its done now.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Packing up and purging the house getting ready to move next weekend, and found a Blizzcon 2013 Virtual Gifts card. Has the Murkalot WoW pet, and sure as shit listed that on Ebay for $250. lol

Christmas is gonna be sweet this year!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
are they getting DDoS'd again? half my raid lagged out right at Nyth pull and now I can't get back on.

fucking kids