World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I think you just need to accept that there are people who feel the opposite of you. Thankfully the game allows for both and many more.

Myself just sit in a semi-hardcore mythic guild. Only 3 nights a week for 3 hours. I wouldn't do anything past that most likely, as it would become "too much" for me personally. I will agree attrition is always a thing and I think that is one of the hardest things a mythic guild will deal with. Can you keep the roster healthy with incoming as people will always slowly trickle out(quit, stop raiding, move to another guild they think is better tc). If your guild can't keep up it will just collapse. Just a matter of having a group of people(officers usually) who don't mind recruiting on a constant basis.

Agreed, I'm obviously still stuck in my old EQ mindset but I wish that Mythic was the only version they released for raids because it does suck seeing the mobs at LFR then Normal then Heroic then Mythic. We have too many tiers of the same shit.

I know it's stupid to design and create raids that only 10% of the population will see but letting every mouth breather see content cheapens the content for me. I want to be better than someone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So clear M+ 15 in the fastest time possible with a Brewmaster, no lust, no brez, and uh...no death grip I guess? You don't need content that's artificially gated because of the coordination required to bring ~20 people together in order to feel better about yourself.

I've done exactly two raids this entire expansion and I'm not sure it's going to reach three. Too much cat herding muddles the achievement.

Fuck, they even have leaderboards now. What's your excuse?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the real problem is since everyone wants their shiny legendaries even though im farming the first 3 mythic bosses i still have to go into the shit storm that is LFR because i have a tiny chance of getting a drop from there (saw 2 drop off Ursoc lfr this week). we still blow through Normal/Heroic every week for some god awful chance something will roll 890+ (and it does occasionally). I dont like running the same content in 4 different flavors every week but until everyone gets their BiS legendary its the shit you deal with.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I thought the air dash WQs were fun, but now they suck. They made it too easy. Now its like having slow fall on all the time. So you slowly fall and makes it so only a retard will missing lining up to the next part.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Agreed, I'm obviously still stuck in my old EQ mindset but I wish that Mythic was the only version they released for raids because it does suck seeing the mobs at LFR then Normal then Heroic then Mythic. We have too many tiers of the same shit.

I know it's stupid to design and create raids that only 10% of the population will see but letting every mouth breather see content cheapens the content for me. I want to be better than someone.
Old EQ mindset would be LFR where 50% of the raid can be afk autoattacking

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Old EQ mindset would be LFR where 50% of the raid can be afk autoattacking

Not EQ mindset in the mechanics and raid size, EQ mindset that raids should only be done by a smaller more dedicated amount of the playerbase.

They can still be highly tuned mechanics based 20 mans.

Elsebet

Peasant
After flex raiding I have no desire to go back to fixed # raiding just for mythic. It's so nice to be able to continue raiding when people have to log off or can't show up randomly. I dealt with the stress of maintaining fixed roster sizes in vanilla -> Wrath and it sucks having to constantly recruit and worry when people were going to quit/leave. That aspect makes it a job instead of a hobby.

I wish they just had Ulduar style of progression for difficulties instead of normal/heroic/mythic.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I agree about the Ulduar style of progression. Activating then defeating hard modes in Ulduar and Icecrown were fucking fun. I was really surprised they didn't put a gear level cap on some of the achievements from those raids. I got those mounts when it was hard, damnit!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Icecrown Citadel was two different raid difficulties that you toggled. It wasn't like Ulduar where you could hard mode it similar to achievement runs nowadays.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Icecrown Citadel was two different raid difficulties that you toggled. It wasn't like Ulduar where you could hard mode it similar to achievement runs nowadays.
You're right, my bad. The achievement was still worth something even though the mount walks like a chicken.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yea. Well 4 if you did 10man on off days. Anyway IDK why they abandoned Ulduar concept so quickly. Super boss + hard mods

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Not 10%

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Right now I'm just curious what's going to happen when I reach 34 points.
One of two things.

Either patch 7.1.5 has hit, and you not only will have one additional branch with an Elite skill at the end, but every 3/3 skill will now be 3/4...

Or not, and you will have to think about either stockpiling AP or spending it on stupid +% bonus.