World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You had to actually work your way through some quest camps instead of being able to face roll AE EVERYTHING.

It's completely mindless now.
I played arm war in vanilla, it was cleave and whirlwind and onto the next mob pack. Except the Whirlwind axe quest, that fucked me up something fierce.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy fuck, do you remember the lag on the first week or two of vanilla? You couldn't even loot corpses, you would cast spells and shit would lock up. Shit was harder then my cock at a tranny convention.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I played arm war in vanilla, it was cleave and whirlwind and onto the next mob pack. Except the Whirlwind axe quest, that fucked me up something fierce.
I'm ashamed to admit this, but I actually died fighting Saurfang on the Arms hidden artifact quest. I had to kill him as Fury for it to be completely trivial.

So, yeah, you can still die as a solo player on a quest. You just have to suck.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Holy fuck, do you remember the lag on the first week or two of vanilla? You couldn't even loot corpses, you would cast spells and shit would lock up. Shit was harder then my cock at a tranny convention.
I still remember randomly falling through the world and dying in beta (over and over and over). That, and walking into some zone that wasn't open yet and getting murdered by invisible guardians in one or two hits. Compared to the lagfest that was launch, though, all of that was a treat.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Oh, come on. It's always been "hand me those bear asses over there" or "fetch me 5 goblin sacks" or "bring this letter to my long-lost cousin". The difficulty may have gone down -slightly-, but it was never something I'd call hard.

When you compare then-current content to now-current content maybe. Comparing vanilla content from 2005 or Legion content from 2016 might not be fair, I dunno...too much changed in the game in general. But he said level 60, and vanilla or BC content in 2016 is obviously waayy easier then that same content in 2005.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Okay, but most of that is the mudflation that comes from being able to outgear anything with ease (heirlooms) or get massively inflated xp for doing trivial things (again, heirlooms). It's not specifically "easier"; the carrot on a stick is bigger, and the stick is closer to your face. It's still a carrot, and we're still chasing it.

The point is that the game was always on the easy side. It's not Everquest. It's not even SWTOR.

Edit: I take that back. SWTOR was easy too. I don't know why I even thought to write that.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm ashamed to admit this, but I actually died fighting Saurfang on the Arms hidden artifact quest. I had to kill him as Fury for it to be completely trivial.

So, yeah, you can still die as a solo player on a quest. You just have to suck.
I died 10+ times on the Fallen Star quest as a 110 Enh Shaman 790 ilvl. Died a shit ton even as a Warlock as I kept getting over whelmed, and I'm a shitty player when in a panic. I'd say that shit is pretty easy if you were under 110, but shit gets a boost at 110 and it's a lot harder. I'm talking specifically of the Exodar part.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Now I know you didn't play vanilla. Arms was hot garbage and you sure as shit couldn't just AE cleave packs.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Now I know you didn't play vanilla. Arms was hot garbage and you sure as shit couldn't just AE cleave packs.

I remember a broken warrior AE spec in early vanilla. So broken they turned the troll warrior that recorded it into an NPC after the nerf

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure what you think you played, but WoW has always been this trivial. There is endgame content that isn't trivial (until it is surpassed by other content, and becomes trivial). The rest is mice nuts, and it always has been.

I walk up to a same level regular mob, hit shadow burn twice and that kills it. It takes no mana, it gives me back the soul shards right away that it costs to cast - I could kill INFINITE mobs like this with no downtime and no damage taken at all. I don't even have that heirloom gear that I see so much talk about, I'm starting on a blank account here and all I want to know is how much longer do I have to watch two TV shows while playing to remain entertained =P

The quests were not complex, but 3-4 mobs could easily kill you if you carelessly walked into a mob camp. Now everything dies in 1-2 hits. Bosses in dungeons die in 20 seconds while posing no threat at all. I remember parties wiping in Hellfire citadel, instead we just walked over all three bosses in very short time last night with a group that didn't even talk.

If you think that's "basically the same" as in 2005 / 2006 I guess there's just no argument here.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I walk up to a same level regular mob, hit shadow burn twice and that kills it. It takes no mana, it gives me back the soul shards right away that it costs to cast - I could kill INFINITE mobs like this with no downtime and no damage taken at all. I don't even have that heirloom gear that I see so much talk about, I'm starting on a blank account here and all I want to know is how much longer do I have to watch two TV shows while playing to remain entertained =P

The quests were not complex, but 3-4 mobs could easily kill you if you carelessly walked into a mob camp. Now everything dies in 1-2 hits. Bosses in dungeons die in 20 seconds while posing no threat at all. I remember parties wiping in Hellfire citadel, instead we just walked over all three bosses in very short time last night with a group that didn't even talk.

If you think that's "basically the same" as in 2005 / 2006 I guess there's just no argument here.

Go play on P99 or Nostralious and stop shitting up this thread.

The game is fucking easy until you get into the later half of 110. The game was fucking easy ever since TBC, you are not enlightening us on anything we don't already know.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They streamlined the levelling experience in cataclysm because they wanted people spending most of their time at higher levels. Every expansion they reduce exp required in the previous expansion as well. Also they removed group quests, or at least none require a group.

If you think the game is easy watch methods kill video for heroic(mythic?) hellscream

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember a broken warrior AE spec in early vanilla. So broken they turned the troll warrior that recorded it into an NPC after the nerf
That was much later in vanilla. At launch Warriors pretty much had to party to do anything.

xzi

Mouthbreather
boi really sick of my weekly chest being fuckin haste/mastery gear for the last 6 weeks like just come to my house and spit in my mouth I'll enjoy that more than haste/mastery gear

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
boi really sick of my weekly chest being fuckin haste/mastery gear for the last 6 weeks like just come to my house and spit in my mouth I'll enjoy that more than haste/mastery gear
Everything is fine man

This expansion is great

Dont worry it's only 15 a month

xzi

Mouthbreather
I would've quit months ago if it weren't for being able to buy tokens, I like everything in this expansion except the fucking loot and that's 90% of the game, I'm not sure what the fuck blizzard was thinking

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I would've quit months ago if it weren't for being able to buy tokens,

I'll never pay for wow again since I found out this is a thing.

50k for a month of wow when I can make that in a few hours in suramar? Yeah I'll ghost wolf it up and farm herbs on a boring sunday or when I can't sleep and never pay for this game.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Takes me way longer to farm the 50k than it does to make the $15.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users