World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Up to 100, bought Legion, having tons of fun smashing shit to pieces. Garrison stuff is weird and I don't see a payoff to the mini-game, but I guess it gets better?

Frost DK is super fun, Blood is more meh to me these days. DH tank seems fun in a few hours of play.

Also have that free boost - trying to hold off until I get my Paladin to 60 for the free professions. Monk was fun early, but Brews not getting good reviews lately.

Thanks dudes for telling me to hop back in. Game is stupid engaging, though all the collect 10 bear asses running around with the new expansions while I gear up for dungeons is a temporary not-fun content block.

If you want to do the Garrison Stuff here is your checklist of shit to get from it:

1. Captain Title
  2. Heirloom Rings (3 of them)
  3. SELFIE Camera Toy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also Bliz doesn't think for shit about where they place zone ins. The Nighthold Raid Zonein is going to be lagfest AIDS.

The hallway is like 10 feet across and goes right down into a pit. Similar to the zonein for Sebilis in EQ. That's going to get stupid real quick.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Literally not worth it to wait on the professions. Other then a couple of very specific recipes, the rest of the legion recipes can be made by someone with a 1 skill level.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Looks like the Pendulum swung too far the other way on the PTR in regards to Prot warriors, we are gonna get nerfed hard in the dps department

I'm putting out 320k dps single target (with no battlecry/avatar/booming, and 360kish with gloves) 550kish sustained on trash packs (tested on the nighthold trash right inside the instance). Revenge hits like a god damn truck now and critting for harder than a 2 FR crit SS does on live currently, a crit revenge on 3 mobs was showing up as 1.8 million total damage.

Im really enjoying devastator, it sucks losing 1 million hp from indomitable but the rage generation is insane, in the course of 3 GCD i was producing 75ish rage (3 SS resets in a row from lucky devastator swings off GCD). i really hope they nerf indomitable to make it not the mandatory talent.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
This ptr is taking forever. I want my AK catchup!
Unless I missunderstood something this patch won't be out until nighthold drops which is late January I think?

@Daidraco what do you think of the recent shadow changes and blue posts? if bliz is to be trusted and I'm reading their posts right it seems they're trying to reduce our overall damage by 16% without fucking up our game play... although killing li and nerfing void bolt seems to run counter to it...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Looks like the Pendulum swung too far the other way on the PTR in regards to Prot warriors, we are gonna get nerfed hard in the dps department

I'm putting out 320k dps single target (with no battlecry/avatar/booming, and 360kish with gloves) 550kish sustained on trash packs (tested on the nighthold trash right inside the instance). Revenge hits like a god damn truck now and critting for harder than a 2 FR crit SS does on live currently, a crit revenge on 3 mobs was showing up as 1.8 million total damage.

Im really enjoying devastator, it sucks losing 1 million hp from indomitable but the rage generation is insane, in the course of 3 GCD i was producing 75ish rage (3 SS resets in a row from lucky devastator swings off GCD). i really hope they nerf indomitable to make it not the mandatory talent.
I was looking and noticed they buffed Revenge damage. We do need a dps increase so that's good to hear.

Not really sure I want to lose 1M hp though

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Unless I missunderstood something this patch won't be out until nighthold drops which is late January I think?

@Daidraco what do you think of the recent shadow changes and blue posts? if bliz is to be trusted and I'm reading their posts right it seems they're trying to reduce our overall damage by 16% without fucking up our game play... although killing li and nerfing void bolt seems to run counter to it...
I thought there would be a build up to Nightold, some WQs and such.

Unrelated: I really hope they do some sort of catch up mechanism with Nightfallen reputation. I'm on my third 110 and I dread doing the Suramar quest line again. I want to play the damn class(shaman) and maybe even another(dk) but having to do Suramar all over again because of how much shit is hidden behind it is killing my desire.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There is. There have been a new series of quests in Suramar that unlock every week for the past 6 weeks and for the next 2.
What, where? This is why I don't like Suramar. Too much shit hidden behind quests and rep. I like that you can basically ignore highmountain and not miss anything like WQs and such. Fuck that place.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't know what it's gated behind. But I think you need to have finished the Good Suramaritan achieve.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
[ livejournal ]

I won the legendary lottery and got two of my BiS legendaries (after getting Prydaz as my first). Last week I got an Eye of Command out of Kara and already had an 885 nightbane chest (bonus 30% effect on Eye of Command). Simcraft seemed to think the Eye would add 40k dps over any other trinket I could put in that slot, so I tested it out this week.

I double digit ranked on 4/6 M EN bosses we took down tonight lol. I think in order to single digit (or get #1) you'd need to have a coordinated effort from the raid to have healers die and brez'd every 2 min during my 30 sec CD window.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the universe does balance itself out. I coined two 895 cloaks tonight that I will literally never wear because the legendary ret cloak will always be BiS.

[ /livejournal ]

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

I love looking at posts like this, let me share with you my story.

First legendary was ghost wolf boots which at the time was nerfed. Now they have 300% again, but if I'm in ghost wolf in a raid I'm not doing dps which is bad.
Second ledendary was the famed Sephuz. We don't really need to go on about this, but you can see the trend.
Third and by far best of this saga of failure is roots of shaladrassil. Look out boys if I stand still long enough these pants heal me for 4% hp a tick. We all know how much standing around in raids happens even more so for a melee shaman.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I don't know what it's gated behind. But I think you need to have finished the Good Suramaritan achieve.
You don't need the achieve, but you need to have finished the Shal'Aran quest line up to Change of Seasons. After that, it's a weekly quest line for 9 weeks until you get your class mount.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not tied to Good Sumaritan. It's everything but the last quest of Good Sumaritan so you only need like Revered rep (maybe 12000 in to revered?). Since the World Quests give you 250 rep a pop it's really not that hard.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ugh.

LFR Xavius still doesn't count for that, right?

It's not hard, it's just a ton of effort for yet another character. No one rerolls thinking they want to do Good Suramaritan yet again. They like the alt's gameplay and just want to try it out in mythics. But it's kinda hard to ignore Suramar with how much shit they put there.

And let's not forget KZ atunement.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Finally got my 4th legendary this morning. Still not sure exactly how the bad luck protection works but I ran most of the raids (LFR through Mythic EN, LFR through Heroic ToV), daily emissary everyday, daily heroic everyday, Karazhan and even normal mythics every week. Also did about 170 M+ between 3rd and 4th.

I still think switching loot specs might reset the protection but maybe I was just very unlucky.