World of Warcraft: Current Year

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Finally got my 4th legendary this morning. Still not sure exactly how the bad luck protection works but I ran most of the raids (LFR through Mythic EN, LFR through Heroic ToV), daily emissary everyday, daily heroic everyday, Karazhan and even normal mythics every week. Also did about 170 M+ between 3rd and 4th.

I still think switching loot specs might reset the protection but maybe I was just very unlucky.
Luffa?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Still waiting on legendary #1...wish they had a timer for how much "legendary-eligible time" you clocked.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yea there is a massive 9-10 part quest tied to the opening of nighthold that eventually leads to a mount award. I believe you need exalted before you can begin the quest.

there are 2-3 weeks remaining if you started on it the day it was released.

After 7.1.5 nothing is going to be gated behind Suramar rep, everyone is getting arcway/CoS unlocked (its already an account wide unlock) and the only reward from the insurrection quest line is going to be AP and a mount. If you dont like Suramar dont do it, literally the only reason to do it at the moment is because it gives ridiculous AP and CoS/Arcway give some BiS items. i have done the lead up quests on my alt just to unlock the hub but im waiting until i get much higher AK before i finish the rest of the zone (sitting at AK 9-10ish atm) which is going to be a lot easier after the patch.

Legion pathfinder is account wide if im not mistaken, dont worry about trying to finish good sumaritan on every character since it has no purpose other than stuff that is going to be retroactively added for everyone.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Finally got my 4th legendary this morning. Still not sure exactly how the bad luck protection works but I ran most of the raids (LFR through Mythic EN, LFR through Heroic ToV), daily emissary everyday, daily heroic everyday, Karazhan and even normal mythics every week. Also did about 170 M+ between 3rd and 4th.

I still think switching loot specs might reset the protection but maybe I was just very unlucky.

i got my last legendary a little over a month ago, since then ive done 60-70M+'s every emissary and EN lfr/normal/heroic/mythic and ToV lfr/n/h(up to helya) and got nothing. I do change my loot spec decently regularly though so it may have something to do with it, however my very first legendary came after i swapped to arms for 1 boss for the first time in 2 weeks and had a drop thankfully they were 2nd bis for prot even though they drop for all warrior specs.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I did nothing because fuck suramar

Suramar is actually one of the coolest areas in the Broken Isles. I love doing the shit in the city, being in disguise and shit. Only wish there were more grappling hook points! I know some people really love or hate the place.

Its definitely something quite new in the WoW world. I hope they continue to build these huge living, breathing cities in the future.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Suramar is living/breathing?
Did you start the insurrection questline?

Elisande nukes the inn and starts enslaving people, the 3 branches of elves start an assault on the city... it's actually changing.

It's the first non-SW/Org city that feels like an actual city.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I would say Suramar is one of the best zones they've ever created and the new questline leading up to Nighthold is pretty great.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea there is a massive 9-10 part quest tied to the opening of nighthold that eventually leads to a mount award. I believe you need exalted before you can begin the quest.

After 7.1.5 nothing is going to be gated behind Suramar rep, everyone is getting arcway/CoS unlocked (its already an account wide unlock) and the only reward from the insurrection quest line is going to be AP and a mount. If you dont like Suramar dont do it, literally the only reason to do it at the moment is because it gives ridiculous AP and CoS/Arcway give some BiS items. i have done the lead up quests on my alt just to unlock the hub but im waiting until i get much higher AK before i finish the rest of the zone (sitting at AK 9-10ish atm) which is going to be a lot easier after the patch.

Legion pathfinder is account wide if im not mistaken, dont worry about trying to finish good sumaritan on every character since it has no purpose other than stuff that is going to be retroactively added for everyone.
That's good news, thanks. What about WQs? I unlocked CoS/Arcway on my warrior but I never get their WQs on my alts.

I can start that massive Nighthold quest no matter what when 7.1.5 starts?

I think the most frustrating thing is that there's no in-game information about this. How would someone new to the game know how to unlock arcway? It's quite easy to overgear regular mythics before even getting to high revered with nightfallen.

What are the leadup quests to unlock the hub?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea i enjoyed the Suramar quest chain, the expansive city is pretty awesome and im going to assume at some point itll replace Dalaran as our base of operations. there is already a way to bind yourself right above the harbor, this last quest line added an innkeeper to the area.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
That's good news, thanks. What about WQs? I unlocked CoS/Arcway on my warrior but I never get their WQs on my alts.

I can start that massive Nighthold quest no matter what when 7.1.5 starts?

I think the most frustrating thing is that there's no in-game information about this. How would someone new to the game know how to unlock arcway? It's quite easy to overgear regular mythics before even getting to high revered with nightfallen.

What are the leadup quests to unlock the hub?

I am getting the WQs on my warlock and i only have the main hub unlocked at the moment

No, you'll still need Good sumaritan to do the nighthold quest, nighthold still unlocks for everyone but the quest will give AP/mount. If you didn't do the rest of the AP quests in Suramar then there is really no point in just doing these.

When you log in there is a big pop up that tells you about "gain suramar rep to unlock CoS/Arcway" and if you have them unlocked you get a big pop up for "join the insurrection" with insurrection being the post exalted quest chain.

you unlock the Hub by doing the banshee quest that gives you the tree in the cave, i thin its like 5-6 quests into Suramar you talk to Khadgar, you walk around with thalryssa for a bit, then she gives you 2-3 quests to complete that makes the hub a bindable location. you'll need to do a few more if you want the Suramar disguise since it makes doing WQs in the city a lot easier or you can just wing it and do only the WQs that show up outside the city area.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Did you start the insurrection questline?

Elisande nukes the inn and starts enslaving people, the 3 branches of elves start an assault on the city... it's actually changing.

It's the first non-SW/Org city that feels like an actual city.
I did. It changes sure. Still me masked/travel form running as fast as I can to quest objectives

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

The insurrection story line is VERY worth doing for the AP alone. It rewards shitloads of it. One of the best and easiest ways to get massive amounts of AP you can find.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I am getting the WQs on my warlock and i only have the main hub unlocked at the moment

No, you'll still need Good sumaritan to do the nighthold quest, nighthold still unlocks for everyone but the quest will give AP/mount. If you didn't do the rest of the AP quests in Suramar then there is really no point in just doing these.

When you log in there is a big pop up that tells you about "gain suramar rep to unlock CoS/Arcway" and if you have them unlocked you get a big pop up for "join the insurrection" with insurrection being the post exalted quest chain.

you unlock the Hub by doing the banshee quest that gives you the tree in the cave, i thin its like 5-6 quests into Suramar you talk to Khadgar, you walk around with thalryssa for a bit, then she gives you 2-3 quests to complete that makes the hub a bindable location. you'll need to do a few more if you want the Suramar disguise since it makes doing WQs in the city a lot easier or you can just wing it and do only the WQs that show up outside the city area.

IDK, maybe I'm just unlucky, but I have Shal'Aran unlocked on my shaman, I think I just completed the vinyard questline. And I still noticed a lack of gold dragon WQs in Suramar. And just WQs overall in Suramar. Far fewer than other zones.

Ah, you mean Shal'Aran by "hub". I thought there was some insurrection questline hub. Read up some more on it, it's a continuation after finishing the arcandor quests.

7.1.5 will kinda fix all this confusion anyway. With AK catchup, doing everything possible in Suramar will be worthwhile on alts just for AP alone. I just think it should be more...succinct? IDK, coming back from last playing in Cata, my expectation with reps is that they were not THIS integrated into the game. They blocked access to some dungeons/raids, sometime had some decent loot rewards. But I think how much is tied to Nightfallen rep is unprecedented and not clearly explained at all.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea i meant Shal'aran as the Hub, there is another hub that unlocked yesterday but so far its only a few kirin tor peacekeepers and an innkeeper you can bind at.

Insurrection gives a shit ton of AP because we are so stacked in AK now i think the quest reward yesterday gave something like 42k AP (for reference a M+10 gives around 39k x 2) but we are all sitting at like +5000% at this point.
its totally worth it as extra AP, but if you didn't finish the rest of the zone you aren't that serious about maxing out your weapon. i am sitting at 34 points at the moment and trying to grind this 35th is painful =/

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Taken from - Real Legendary drop rates and other statistics for 9785 chars [Spreadsheet]

It makes sense. Not sure on the accuracy but seems legit.