World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit they are fucking dumb. "Months down the line"? So for now its fine for people to feel subpar because sometime in the future they will feel in line when compared to those who got lucky drops? Teh fuk?

Have you read about the top guilds strategy for this?

Level up a second character of the same class to double your grind. Hope one of them gets the key legendary you need. Dump other character.

This is mostly key for top DPS legendaries like the Fire Mage bracer.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

Level up a second character of the same class to double your grind. Hope one of them gets the key legendary you need. Dump other character.

I play shadow priest, the belt is a pretty big deal for DPS. Of course i have prydaz and a bracer which is not very useful to me considering I dont raid and just afk through LFR. At least i can grind the AH. 800k to go!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Appreciate the responses, love FOH.

I thought that professions would be a good source of income to a new player (gold is both scarce and exponentially more useful in increasing character power)? Get some gathering profs for easy moneys?

Since I have two 100+ characters already, I'm not in a rush to have a third anyway (plus old dungeon tanking is fun). Need to spend more time dicking around on my DH before I think of committing to it or if I stick with DK. Plus having two alts sounds like a shitload of work for a person who is behind as-is.

I thought garrisons would be an easy income source, but I am not seeing how that is true. Am I doing it wrong? Is there a good guide on the interwebs you guys would recommend?

Paging @Vitality on this. He was well versed in optimizing garrisons for cash money. Honeslty if you just want cash be herbalism and sell herbs for $$$$$ in Legion content. Alchemy too.

During its height garrisons were pulling 60k gold a month when optimized. If you optimize them now you can get like 25k a month. I didn't play during this time so I am unsure of how to accomplish it. But google around and it shouldn't be too hard. It has to do with getting the +gold trait on as many followers as possible. You do this by rerolling traits until you get it. Using them to pump out Hexweave bags will still make you good money also.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Actually the new strategy is to buy characters who have the best legendary and just farm them the AP. In some of the ToV race threads on different forums everyone was screaming at each other about it, it was hilarious.

My favorite part of the "races" is that half the guys yelling at each other are not even in those guilds. It's been amazing to watch and I hope Nighthold holds as much drama.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Actually the new strategy is to buy characters who have the best legendary and just farm them the AP. In some of the ToV race threads on different forums everyone was screaming at each other about it, it was hilarious.

My favorite part of the "races" is that half the guys yelling at each other are not even in those guilds. It's been amazing to watch and I hope Nighthold holds as much drama.

Link to this glorious QQ sir. If possible.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Which questline are you talking about?

Forgot the name. Its the quest line that runs for 7 or 8 weeks since the last major patch. People mentioned it earlier in the thread.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
As a really casual player that does 2-3 mythics a week tops, LFR and spends the rest of the time jewing it up on AH and killing battle pets, Blizzard can suck my dick. Then again i want my stupid 2 million spider mount so I will continue playing :( Crack is whack.

It's a hell of a drug.

And yeah, I'm not a hardcore player by any means, but my Sephuz sucks. I won't grab anyone by the throat and give them 14 days to fix this shit, though. So my dps doesn't top the meters. Who cares?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Working as intended. Great system. A+. A goddamn 3rd grader could've predicted this would happen. But not a 2nd grader.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Forgot the name. Its the quest line that runs for 7 or 8 weeks since the last major patch. People mentioned it earlier in the thread.
Insurrection? Only one raid quest in that bunch, and it's Guldan in Nighthold.

Good Suramaritan required a Xavius kill (The Stuff of Dreams) but you could complete the quest on LFR (it's where I did it).

The artifact appearance quests are NOT able to be finished, but you can do the whole storyline for Suramar without going into an organized raid.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
If the bad luck system is (as some suspect) time-based, and not only contribution-based, everything will even out in "months", and their core player base will be happy as pigs in shit.

Blizzard has said on at least two occasions that it is not a time-based system. Whether that is to be believed or not is a different story.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Working as intended. Great system. A+. A goddamn 3rd grader could've predicted this would happen. But not a 2nd grader.

To be fair, they clearly just thought "legendaries will be cool!" Which I am all for in terms of game design. Putting shit in just because it was cool (fuck game design 101 dog this is badass!) is how we got some of the greatest games and game elements of all time (EQ did a TON of this).

But they didn't remotely simcraft their own legendaries enough. Shit like Sephuz and Prydaz are fine. But when you have Heal Mode Beastmaster Hunter Legendary AND Legendary Of Burninating that increaeses DPS by 100k.

You dun fucked up son.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Blizzard has said on at least two occasions that it is not a time-based system. Whether that is to be believed or not is a different story.
Well, they also said, for a while, that nothing was amiss with the system that was rewarding many players 3-4 drops in quick succession and others no drops. So, grain of salt here.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Insurrection? Only one raid quest in that bunch, and it's Guldan in Nighthold.

Good Suramaritan required a Xavius kill (The Stuff of Dreams) but you could complete the quest on LFR (it's where I did it).

The artifact appearance quests are NOT able to be finished, but you can do the whole storyline for Suramar without going into an organized raid.

Not The Stuff of Dreams since I completed that in LFR as we. I have two quests from Suramar that require me to do a normal EN.

It's a hell of a drug.

And yeah, I'm not a hardcore player by any means, but my Sephuz sucks. I won't grab anyone by the throat and give them 14 days to fix this shit, though. So my dps doesn't top the meters. Who cares?

I care :( My ePeen must be max size.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They are scraping the API for characters on their server and seeing how many of each of those things they did and then assigning it all a point value.

It's guesswork but decent guesswork.

You don't "scrape" an API. You call the API to get data. What calls are they making? Where can I go to make those calls myself to get the data for my character. It's as simple as running /script in game usually. That's what I want to do.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My suggestion would be to ask in that thread instead of here because I have no fucking clue what the words coming out of your mouth are.

TJT TJT - A lot of the guilds have threads on their web pages, most of which since got deleted. Most the stuff on the main boards has been deleted. The largest thread is - Trial of Valor Mythic Race Progression and it gets pretty good in the back third. Before that it's mostly nut huggers hugging nuts.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You don't "scrape" an API. You call the API to get data. What calls are they making? Where can I go to make those calls myself to get the data for my character. It's as simple as running /script in game usually. That's what I want to do.
It's like you start out the paragraph intelligent enough and then you screw it up showing how stupid you are.

Go reread my post and then try again.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's like you start out the paragraph intelligent enough and then you screw it up showing how stupid you are.

Go reread my post and then try again.

So asking if anyone knows where I can go to find their API queries is stupid? Alright then a_skeleton_03. Keep "scraping" the API though.