World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wait, WQs(not emissary chests) count as legendary time even though they can't directly reward them?

Scrolling through the list of groups, hoping your search filter didn't remove a group you'd like to apply to, applying to groups, getting rejected, is really killing my will to play this game. Would rather play as enhance, but I know resto gets groups much easier. Finally get a group, fly to dungeon, summon lazy people, start dungeon, kick anyone that's a dumbass, go back out to resummon...ugh, just too much "not beating shit up" time involved.

How do people that main spec healers feel rewarded for gear upgrades? DPS obviously has damage meters. And tanks can kinda correlate damage done to improved tanking. And there's damage taken meters too. But you get better heal gear you can't go better heal some WQ. From my limited experience healing some mythics, people playing mechanics correctly largely outweighs gear upgrades.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My will to play gets shattered every week. I'm losing interest fast. I can't even level an alt for more than 20 minutes. Probably just a matter of time.

Also for Friday's raid at raid time only like 7 people were online. We eventually got 15 but that was something new....

Consistently had 60 online 2 months ago

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
7.1.5 and Nighthold will probably bring people back but outside of M+ there really isn't anything to do other than play alts. So if you don't like doing either of those things you'll probably just stop playing.

I wasn't a huge fan of M+ at first and I still don't like the timed "challenge" run aspect of it but I've grown to like seeing how far I can push them. Got a 15 done within the time limit during sanguine/overflowing/tyrannical because that is by far the easiest affix combo. The affixes could be interesting if they didn't force you to try to brute force as much as possible just to beat the stupid timers. But since they decided to do timed runs affixes like Bolstering and Necrotic are just needlessly ball breaking and not fun at all. And I can't even use the skin I unlocked doing the 15 because that line is unlocked in Nighthold. So I've got the glory of the legion hero skin "unlocked" since like week 4 and the M15 skin unlocked and can't use either of them until months into the expansion for... who knows what reason.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My will to play gets shattered every week. I'm losing interest fast. I can't even level an alt for more than 20 minutes. Probably just a matter of time.

Also for Friday's raid at raid time only like 7 people were online. We eventually got 15 but that was something new....

I've just been busy, and winter with either annihilate my ability to join on Fridays or I'll be on consistently.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've just been busy, and winter with either annihilate my ability to join on Fridays or I'll be on consistently.
We also raid Mondays, but I don't blame people. I mean I'm looking down the same tunnel myself.

Plus I got one kid and another on the way

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
7.1.5 and Nighthold will probably bring people back but outside of M+ there really isn't anything to do other than play alts. So if you don't like doing either of those things you'll probably just stop playing.

I wasn't a huge fan of M+ at first and I still don't like the timed "challenge" run aspect of it but I've grown to like seeing how far I can push them. Got a 15 done within the time limit during sanguine/overflowing/tyrannical because that is by far the easiest affix combo. The affixes could be interesting if they didn't force you to try to brute force as much as possible just to beat the stupid timers. But since they decided to do timed runs affixes like Bolstering and Necrotic are just needlessly ball breaking and not fun at all. And I can't even use the skin I unlocked doing the 15 because that line is unlocked in Nighthold. So I've got the glory of the legion hero skin "unlocked" since like week 4 and the M15 skin unlocked and can't use either of them until months into the expansion for... who knows what reason.
Would definitely like M+ more if doing the actual M+ was a bigger part of the dungeon. Ghosts of raid coordination past are rearing their ugly heads with how long it takes to get a decent M+ group going. I specifically wrote off raiding because the ratio of not killing:killing is too damn high!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Would definitely like M+ more if doing the actual M+ was a bigger part of the dungeon. Ghosts of raid coordination past are rearing their ugly heads with how long it takes to get a decent M+ group going. I specifically wrote off raiding because the ratio of not killing:killing is too damn high!
Join a group of like minded individuals and M+ with them?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bro we clear heroic EN in like 70 minutes

Are you Horde?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

The irony of wanting something that is less like Diablo, but wanting more mob killing... I guess there are extremes and balance.

I missed last week's Wednesday run because I had to fix the brakes on my car. Not dying in real life is definitely a priority over raiding. Interestingly, I haven't done a single M+ in about a month. Need to switch servers so there's actually a pool of decent players to group with. No one has logged on in my current guild in forever, and I hate doing dungeons with randoms...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Join a group of like minded individuals and M+ with them?
Said group of friends barely signs on anymore :(

Bro we clear heroic EN in like 70 minutes

Are you Horde?

Nah, rolled alliance with a few other friends. If I want fast clears of farmed content, I can do some heroic dungeons for probably the same chance at usable loot that you guys have. I want to do challenging content where coordinating 20+ people through the DDR isn't part of the fight.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The irony of wanting something that is less like Diablo, but wanting more mob killing... I guess there are extremes and balance.

I missed last week's Wednesday run because I had to fix the brakes on my car. Not dying in real life is definitely a priority over raiding. Interestingly, I haven't done a single M+ in about a month. Need to switch servers so there's actually a pool of decent players to group with. No one has logged on in my current guild in forever, and I hate doing dungeons with randoms...
Other people have been complaining about Diablo in their WoW in this thread recently, but not me. WoW borrowed some aspects from Diablo and while Diablo has some loot RNG, I think it's unfair to attribute lootforging as something specifically inspired by that game.

I play WoW to kill challenging shit, upgrade my gear, and build my character. Playing dungeon/raid manager doesn't really fit into any of those categories, so I'd like less of them if possible. I'll certainly accept that perhaps this is the wrong game for me. The whole "community" aspect of the game seems tertiary at best. And forced interaction just seems to get in the way rather than enrich. I often think of applying to mythic groups as similar to emotes in Hearthstone...what do they add besides angst?

Brikker

Trump's Staff

I think I lasted less than 4 weeks in WoD. Legion has definitely been successful in keeping me interested for longer than usual. I don't mind alts so much, still enjoy the process with three 110's. Doing a Prot Pally now to see if I can stomach tanking at 110 (plus I've got another month to kill, 2 weeks of it without even having a job to work - your tax money! :D ). We'll see how much interest keeps up when I'm back in real life next month.

Also, world first Mythic +20 happened. EU of course. Shit is crazy, there is a video. Makes me giggle every time someone mentions that "WoW is easy, wow takes no skill" when the reality is that the hard content is available but most people aren't good/dedicated enough for it.

Serenity World First M+ 20 DHT Clear

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Saw that video earlier. Every pick makes some amount of sense except the shaman. Prot pally for tank damage, slowness canceled by mountable dungeon. DH for stupid AE burst. Resto druid for most mobile healer. Hunter for good ranged AE damage. But enh shaman? Wouldn't an ele shaman or frost dk provide much more to the group?

Arbitrary Arbitrary dick waving

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Other people have been complaining about Diablo in their WoW in this thread recently, but not me. WoW borrowed some aspects from Diablo and while Diablo has some loot RNG, I think it's unfair to attribute lootforging as something specifically inspired by that game.

I play WoW to kill challenging shit, upgrade my gear, and build my character. Playing dungeon/raid manager doesn't really fit into any of those categories, so I'd like less of them if possible. I'll certainly accept that perhaps this is the wrong game for me. The whole "community" aspect of the game seems tertiary at best. And forced interaction just seems to get in the way rather than enrich. I often think of applying to mythic groups as similar to emotes in Hearthstone...what do they add besides angst?
There are heal meters, you know, right? If you think damage taken or DPS meters is a measure of a tank, then why can't the heal meters be the metric for healers. And yes, while having your group just not stand in shit is a far better way of going about things, that doesn't mean you can't tell that things are getting easier to heal through. Especially as a Shaman with their mastery.

Edit:
Makes me giggle every time someone mentions that "WoW is easy, wow takes no skill" when the reality is that the hard content is available but most people aren't good/dedicated enough for it.

Serenity World First M+ 20 DHT Clear
I agree with this a lot. People want challenging, they hate how WoW is too easy, but then quit out, or have no desire to push themselves to the actual challenging content. Why the fuck is this? It's baffling to me. The content is there, so why not go do it instead of bitching that it doesn't exist?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Also, world first Mythic +20 happened. EU of course. Shit is crazy, there is a video. Makes me giggle every time someone mentions that "WoW is easy, wow takes no skill" when the reality is that the hard content is available but most people aren't good/dedicated enough for it.

If it's just dick waving than it seems kinda pointless. Speed running, for example, is incredibly difficult and precise but it also doesn't mean much. It's an entirely self-imposed challenge. If someone is doing stuff no one else can do but only getting bragging rights out of it than that is still an accomplishment for them but it isn't going to be something that lights a fire under the rest of the player base.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There are heal meters, you know, right? If you think damage taken or DPS meters is a measure of a tank, then why can't the heal meters be the metric for healers. And yes, while having your group just not stand in shit is a far better way of going about things, that doesn't mean you can't tell that things are getting easier to heal through. Especially as a Shaman with their mastery.
Sure, but there are a couple problems with that. As a DPS, you can do the same fight/dungeon and get a relatively valid comparison between upgrades. And you'll have two other dps to compare to.

As a healer, the class of your tank and who stood in what affects heal meters much more than your gear upgrades. So if you do a fight with a guardian tank, get some sweet loot, then do the same fight with a blood tank, you cannot compare those meters. And if the blood tank is any good, you'll likely be bored too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If it's just dick waving than it seems kinda pointless. Speed running, for example, is incredibly difficult and precise but it also doesn't mean much. It's an entirely self-imposed challenge. If someone is doing stuff no one else can do but only getting bragging rights out of it than that is still an accomplishment for them but it isn't going to be something that lights a fire under the rest of the player base.
For the most part, sure. But this is a structured and recognized version of dick waving. Kinda like world firsts.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Well if it's structured dick waving people are excited to compete over than who am I to be the curmudgeon.

I need loots though.